1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about alt coins? V.1 [discussion]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 10, 2021.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

ADA blowing up

lost_elephant likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

There's trading, and investing. Bull market: trading. Bear market: buying low, selling when the Bull runs again.

jayhow92 and ramotadab like this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

thanks! my bro keeps talking about africa project, identity management, peer review academics blablabla, i thought it was serious business coin. turns out just another **** coin haha.

is matic/polygon any good? seems like the platform(?) is useful as a 2nd layer, and other projects will make use of it, but i read ppl are questioning the value of the token. i think there's concern that transactions cost is too low relative to the staking rewards.

i'm very impressed with binance. compared to 2018, it's shocking how far they've come. wish i could invest in the company instead of the token, they are like the opposite of vaporware.

i like rvn as STOs have already come out of it so there's some proven utility, no pre-mine, serious about being asic resistant and could get increased mining interest when eth goes POS, but with so many projects not sure if it will ever stand out.

xch is only interesting to me cos of the bittorrent guy. probably a good bet to actually deliver on vision. the premine is ridiculous tho.

my current goals are (1) gamble on things that could explode; (2) buy small amounts of whatever i like. This wouldn't be happening if i didn't have "house" money from doge profit.

however a fig leaf of plausible serious business potential also helps with (1); and i'm also interested in identifying the projects with long term viability in case there's a real crash in future and i decide to deploy more cash.

#584 saitou, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
    ramotadab likes this.
  5. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

I stumbled into crypto in early Feb. I started with a small investment and bought big cap coins. That's a recipe for boredom and low R.O.I.

The only big cap coin I have left is Vechain, it's a monster and bought it at .07.

I've made MUCH more MUCH more quickly with tiny cap coins.

Some that I've owned include, SYLO, IDEA, PLAY, ADB, DAPPT, MTV, TONE.

I don't fall in love with any of these, I swing when they are up 100% or more. However TRIAS is one I'm riding until the EOY. Probably IDEA & MTV as well as I'm staking both for a combined APY over 50%.

Yung-T, CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Yea you’re right. I’ll just play stable coins for now.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Has anyone check deeply into dfinity - internet computer? Been worked on for 5 years, rebadged a coin few days ago and is supposedly worth hundreds of billions of dollars.

Makes a lot of cool promises and has fancy VC firms backing it, but the stealthy way they "IPO'd" reminds me of a boiler room tech company.

For some reason, I'd rather get rugpulled by a 18yr old shitcoin peddler than feed the big money backing these guys. It could be 100% legit w/ roadmaps, poc, etc but doesn't feel right to me in the amount of control they have at all levels.

That symbol...ICP

saitou and ramotadab like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

FYI: BirdCoin is taking off...

dachuda86 and ramotadab like this.
  9. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

All things considered, crypto is still young. My 2018 bag of ADA looking good right now!

saitou and jayhow92 like this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

How exactly are you playing this? Binance Earn? Rates so high it's tempting to put all my savings here, then I think rates are so high, it must be high risk?

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I like block fi, crypto.com ok too. 12-14% annual return

saitou likes this.
  13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I meant to say I'll just play the regular coins mainly.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The man runs four or five companies that haven't turned a legit profit, yet he has time to lift up dogecoin of all cryptos?

Are we all living in Elon's Rick n Morty sim?

dmoneybangbang and Space Ghost like this.
  15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

congrats! jelly!

dachuda86 likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Probably.

dachuda86 likes this.
  17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

btc dominance down to 44%. do u guys subscribe to theory that in the 30s its time for overall market crash or is it diff this time (due to energy/elon fud)?

18. ramotadab

ramotadab Member

Now that I have put money into some of these alt (sheeeet) coins through trustwallet I'm having a hard time figuring out how I can exchange for stable coins so I can then send money to another exchange to cash out. Need suggestions please.

19. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Never used trust wallet. Can you send the altcoins directly to the exchange to cash out?

ramotadab likes this.
  20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan