1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill’s Replacement Needs To Be Calvin!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, May 11, 2021.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Utah Jazz guys always stink!

2. TimDuncanDonaut

Should be Craig. Been with the team since (the late 90's), has HOU roots, and is a play-by-play guy. Even with Drexler gone, Bill/Bull/Craig have been holding it down. Calvin fits nicely at the half time desk.

If it ends up being just Matt Bullard and Craig, if NBA gets back to normal, between home and away games; not sure if Rockets will consider a 2nd announcing team (for the travel).

glimmertwins and RustyHarden like this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Time to give my girl Cayleigh a shot.

glimmertwins and kkthksbai like this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If only they could dub a different voice for Craig. That whiny nasal pitch is annoying.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that gets old quick. Same old comments on repeat.

6. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

Cayleigh and Calvin baby let's go! Not serious but kinda am...i dunno?

Williamson likes this.
  7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bill makes more money than Craig does. Craig full time equals LAS. Luxury Announcer Savings

napalm06 likes this.
  8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

My broadcast preference:
    1. Murphy & Thomas
    2. Murphy & Ackerman
    3. Thomas & Bull
    4. Ackerman & Bull
    BUT I digress....

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  9. mightybosstone

Calvin was born a year after Worrell was. If he steps in, you're going to be replacing him in a year or two.

I may be in the minority, but I don't loathe Craig. The guy is prepared and well-spoken and occasionally witty. He's more than likely going to be the replacement, and I'm fine with that. I would love for the Rockets to get their version of Todd Kalas, though—a more well-known guy nationally with some clout and a great broadcast voice. But I'm not sure who that guy would be, and it seems unlikely.

Bill's gone downhill over the years, and I think his heart probably just isn't in it anymore, but it's crazy to think he won't be calling Rockets games anymore. He's been the voice of the Rockets since I started watching as a kid. I might actually watch all of Friday's game for sentimental purposes. It sure would be nice to hear one more "cold-blooded three," but it feels like that game will be a blowout.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just bring Calvin in for the final Bill game, so you young dudes can see how much Craig and Bullard struggle in comparison. We have had Bill in handcuffs for years trying to get Clyde and Bull to not be total dorks.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get it done!

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Based on his "recent history", I don't think Tilman will be dumb enough to put him back to any live broadcasting.

13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

What recent history are you talking about?

14. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

They should let Bill and Calvin sit together and do their show on the last home game.

Dubious likes this.
  15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You know, the same things are happening for 82 games a year and the history doesn't change. I'm not sure what you "he always says the same things" guys would want a color man to say... night in and night out.