1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. HardenVolumeOne

alex caruso or kcp

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Watch the youtube highlights of the Lakers/GSW game from March 15. Curry guarded Shroder on a lot of Laker possessions.

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

they have bad offensive talent. they have the 5th ranked defense. that's actually higher ranked than their 73-9 season.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Curry, I still hate you.

5. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Shocked Curry is still playing. And that ankle hasn’t came to haunt him as much this year.

6. DonatelloLimestone

"
    Among Curry’s comments:

Coach Silas is always good in my book. We watched so much film my rookie year. He helped me understand what it meant to be a pro and see the game as a point guard, and deal with some of the uncertainty that was going around the Warriors back then in ’09.

He’s such a good, solid dude; he shoots it to you straight, very approachable. He made me very comfortable asking questions and learning. He pushed me, too.

Things kind of clicked halfway through my rookie year. A lot of that was because of the constant work that we put in behind the scenes. I know he’s got a lot of experience since then, but he hasn’t changed in terms of his personality, and that will, hopefully, get them to a place they (the Rockets) can turn the tide.

I told him after the game I was excited that he’s in that head seat. It’s been a long time coming. That story is going to be awesome to watch unfold. I’m rooting for him"

Regarding his conversation on the Toyota Center court with Curry, Houston’s first-year head coach said:

He was just saying how happy he was for me and looking forward to seeing the turnaround when it happens here in Houston under my leadership. He’s great. We went through times back when we were kind of going through this point his rookie year. To see where he’s come from there to where he is now, MVPs and leading the team, it’s hard to see when you’re the coach of the opposing team, but he’s just a great person and a great player.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

ok.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I did not make the argument somebody else did, so go after that guy.

You want to argue with me so much when we actually agree on that point.

9. bmelo

bmelo Member

Tldr do clowns still think Curry isnt best guard since Kobe?

10. HardenVolumeOne

Harden is the best guard since jordan. Better offensive player than Kobe and their defense believe it or not is a push according rpm which is updated on ESPN and goes back to the 97 season. Curry was never a good defender and is a tad below harden as a complete offensive player

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Fool's gold. We had a good defense in the bubble last year, but in the playoffs, our lack of size and rim protection was exploited.

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i mean we aren't in the playoffs. for this regular season, that has gotten them to the record they have, giving up the 5th fewest points per possession is why they are a 0.500 team even with a bad offense.

jordnnnn likes this.
  13. bmelo

bmelo Member

Best guard since Jordan getting blocked on career defining shot by 40yo Manu Ginobli vs Kawhi and Duncan less spurs, and then getting blown out by 40. Bro was getting stomped by Lu Dort just last year. You didnt watch too much of a basketball except for rockets in your life did you? Harden is great but he is by no means best im pretty sure he would go like 3/18 against Kobe in playoffs. And Kobe would be defending him while Harden would want some vet min PJ Tucker to guard Kobe cause he has no defense nor stamina. Kobe Wade Steph are all greater than Harden

14. HardenVolumeOne

https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/stephen_curry_vs_james_harden.htm

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Since you didn't address it, I'll repeat. Fool's gold. We had a good defense in the bubble last year, but in the playoffs, our lack of size and rim protection was exploited.

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The problem with your argument is that you've failed to consider winning, which is the primary objective of team sports. Kobe feuded with Shaq, but he still ended his career with 5 rings. On the GOAT list, Harden will never surpass Kobe. And even if he ends his career with a few titles, he won't surpass Curry either.

17. DavidJuan

DavidJuan Member

Well, some posters here would probably argue that Kobe can't carry a team, because the Lakers missed the playoffs the season after Shaq left.

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

This is a tough argument. I think Harden is incredible and a top 3/4 SG, but I don't think he is better than Kobe, overall. Offensively, I think Harden is a little bit more effective across the board, but everything else is unanimously for Kobe. You can look at the numbers all you want, but remember for the first half of Kobe's career he often guarded the best wing player (or one of them) on the best team. Especially, during crunch time.

Kobe being clutch with the killer instinct and 5 rings is probably the tie-breaker.

I always thought Harden maybe better for team chemistry, then I looked a little closer at him having Dwight, CP3, and Westbrook. If he couldn't make it work with them, I'm not sure how that would work with Shaq in his prime.

19. HardenVolumeOne

so we just ignore numbers, and overall stats because favoritism.. harden and curry will most likely finish 1 and 2 all time in 3 point makes. and harden was instrumental in revolutionizing the stepback 3

harden has a higher career win shares per 48 than curry, also has more career vorp, win shares even has a higher career bpm

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/bpm_career.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ws_per_48_career.html

under the similarity scores section on michael jordan's bbref page. only harden and cp3 are the active players with a top 10 career match to the goat. Harden actually has matches to the big o and jordan

harden also has more career points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks than curry despite harden starting his first 3 years as a 6th man. How will the nba media twist that 20 years from now lol

who has the most effiecent 60 plus game in nba history

20. HardenVolumeOne

thats why i have harden above him, kobe rip is overrated by casual nba media because he patterned his whole game after mike. Harden is better than kobe and wade. And dont bring up eras and how much easier it is too score because unlike curry during hardens time in houston he generally led the league in UNassisted fg's

#2300 HardenVolumeOne, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021