1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What team/fan base hates the Astros the least?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by lnchan, May 10, 2021.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Don't underestimate Buster Olney's self-righteous crusade

2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Shouldn't the Red Sox failing badly last year kinda point to how more dependent they were on their own system?

3. SuraGotMadHops

That was the lamest fall guy story I ever heard. A lone wolf video operator decoding signs...for his own amusement??

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

eh, they lost Betts had had no starting pitching. I actually don't expect their current pitching to hold up all season and they're likely going to finish 3rd or below.

I don't think any of these "systems" really were responsible for making a bad team elite and vice versa. Yes, it was an advantage and any team looking to win at all costs would likely explore all opportunities... but there's also the very likely scenario that all these teams were good enough to play it straight up.

5. Buck Turgidson

What a comical bullsh!t clown question.

I'd guess the Marlins.

6. dream_team

dream_team Member

To me, it's easily the Giants. Giants fans will forever hate the Dodgers more than any team in the league. They don't care the Astros "cheated", as long as the Dodgers lost.

It also helps that our success didn't really affect them. Then of course, they had one of the biggest cheaters of all time on their team... Barry Bonds.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

C'mon Buck. That's not very polite. It was a harmless question intended to provoke fun speculation. Why the name-calling? Lighten up, my dude. ✌️

lnchan likes this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The A's should be in the "Hate" category. Outside of the Yankees and Dodgers, there isn't another team or fanbase that's got it out for us more than them. Considering the rat **** is on their team, it adds even more fuel to that fire.

9. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I have a good friend that is a life-long Red Sox fan. He rooted for us in 2017 after we beat them and roots for us if we're not playing the Sox and yes he loves it when we beat the Yankees. He said he's never met a shitty HST fan. He fully gets the whole scandal thing and the fact they got off easy and we got hosed.

xcrunner51, RustyHarden and marks0223 like this.
  10. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

~But he was good before he cheated so that doesn't matter.~

~sarcasm~ for those of you in Rio Linda...

11. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Blue Jays, Red Sox, Tigers really have no room to gripe

12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

jim1961 likes this.
  13. msn

msn Member

Every time I see this thread title, I think for a half-second and still don't give a damn.

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Yes and no (for me). It does bother me that masses of people can be brainwashed so easily.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  15. msn

msn Member

That bothers me, too, but that issue long predates this whole "Astro-hate" thing, and it will be around long after.

jim1961 likes this.
  16. awc713

awc713 Member

I don’t think there is any specific team/fan base that dislikes the Astros the most. The vitriol and hate is obviously mostly from the top tier rival teams most adversely affected (LA, NY, etc), but the rest of the hate is just a hodgepodge of random fans from different teams (and a tad exacerbated by ignorance and media). I think it’s probably an equal amount of disdain for most non-rival teams, just depends on the person/fan (and how stupid they are). Fans obviously have a right to be pissed at the Stros...but outside of the teams it clearly derailed I don’t think there’s a set of fans/teams that hate them the least.

RustyHarden likes this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

You put William Zabka and the Astros in a room together, measure the boo meter, add a bee hives full of killer bees, and you don't get the buzz, u won't even get boos, you will get, and I won't say this twice, boobees.

18. msn

msn Member

The statistics are very clear that no teams were "clearly derailed" by the Astros' cheating. It's ignorant narratives like this that prolong this thing far longer than it needed to last.

19. Buck Turgidson

Dear god I hope you don't follow politics.

20. msn

msn Member

post of the century.

lnchan likes this.