1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Worrell to retire after last home game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, May 11, 2021.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What, do you have something against manual labor? : )

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Good one

You made my point LOL

Plowman likes this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Bill has been calling rockets games as long as I’ve been a fan. I knew this day was coming but I’m still upset. He needs a spot in the rafters.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

hope drexler replaces him

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This is sad to hear. A part of Rockets' history. Good luck Mr. Worrell. Enjoy your retirement!

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I did not think of that, but it's perfect. Please start a thread. I know jokingly people say deserves its own thread, but seriously–this really needs to be its own discussion. I think it's the only way to pay him the respect he deserves.

7. don grahamleone

*crickets*

Jontro, tmoney1101, Ottomaton and 2 others like this.
  8. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

It's time. He's a part of my life, his voice etched in my brain until my last breathe. Him and Calvin Murphy both. God Speed Bill Worrell. My favorite catchphrase was "he's eating him alive" referring to Dream.

9. don grahamleone

I would like to respectfully disagree. I think early in the season his heart was out of it, but then the bright shiny twinkles of youthful efforts got to him. He and Bullard calling the games down the stretch will be something I think I'll treasure for the rest of my life. He got reinvigorated by KJ Martin's blocks, Kevin Porter Jr's 50 pointer, and Jae'Sean Tate's run at being on the all rookie team. The life blood that got pumped into Armoni Brooks', DaQuan Jeffries', and DJ Wilson's careers got him excited. His best stuff this year came at the tail end of a terrible season and Bill Worrell hit rock bottom with all of us and he bounced back up to finish the year. Whatever happens in the draft, it doesn't matter... hope was on the court this year.

Go Rockets! There will be new shoulders leading this team, but no matter who they are, they're still sitting on the backs of our brilliant fan foundation. We have the best sports forum in the world because we have the best fans in the world. A down year will never get us down for good. We bounce like Bill and like every basketball you've ever inflated. We learned from the best to ever do it, the 1995 Houston Rockets. We bounce back. That's what Houston Rockets basketball is about.

#89 don grahamleone, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

I would have responded, but the mere thought of listening to Drexler call every game had me puking uncontrollably.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Posted a poll, I really want the Rox to put Bill and Calvin together for the last game.

DD

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yes he needs a spot there. And it should be done that game. A bright spot that is needed.

don grahamleone and Deckard like this.
  13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Frankly, watching the games this season has been difficult. Bill’s ‘casts have made them almost tolerable. Almost, I say. This roster of ‘healthier’ is the closest to no-name I can imagine. Next year will be competitive, at least. Let us dearly hope and pray the entire FO gets behind getting this year behind us. No pandemmie, nor COVID.

Ackerman is moving into some huge shoes.

Worrell’s love of all things Houston will be sorely missed.

don grahamleone and Plowman like this.
  14. TheresTheDagger

End of an era.

DVauthrin, Nook and deb4rockets like this.
  15. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

We need Calvin getting cookies and Clyde clubbing baby seals in Bill's last game.

Duke Fan likes this.
  16. thumps

thumps Contributing Member

He's a legend and I'm going to miss him. So many legendary and/or funny calls.

Duke Fan and deb4rockets like this.
  17. Newlin

Newlin Member

I hope his replacement isn’t one of Tilman’s kids.

London'sBurning likes this.
  18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The guy isn't going to waste the best years of the end of his life with this dumpster fire. Clearly he does not see hope for this team.

19. fattz

fattz Member

Bill is a personal favorite. He up there with Dave Ward, both Houston heroes.

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member