1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Surprised to find enjoyment in last place team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, Apr 14, 2021.

1. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Wise words! Very true.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The People you Follow- list is not being mentioned enough here.

burlesk likes this.
  3. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

There's pieces to win right now. The priority is to somehow retain Olynk and Wood. I think most of Wood's injuries are really just DNP because of personal reasons and maybe that is also the case with Wall. Wall needs to be moved somehow to pay for Olynk and maybe another piece.

4. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Yeah! Sadly, I have not embraced that one yet. Will think on it. Can think of some ones to add real quick though. Hope they will see it when I do.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

We went from, who the fk needs harden/reset culture bs to WOW to embrace/enjoy the losing culture.

This season is gonna b a memorable one and we haven't even reach the climax yet (draft) fking roller coaster.

burlesk and chadyang like this.
  6. MettaWorldPete

Only five or six, but I agree it makes the forum waaaaaayyyy better and I'm shocked more people don't use it and instead get in extremely rude recurring online fights with the same people over and over. Guess it's that sweet dopamine hit of anger.

RocketToVegas, Easy, RudyTBag and 2 others like this.
  7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

My ignore list is zero but I’m also a very unbothered laidback person. I don’t waste energy by converting into negative energy. Don’t do back and forths. Agree to disagree. A person would have to go Out their way and be really extra for me to entertain the ignore feature. Like holding the blunt too long...

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I am with you, but I still put some individuals on ignore just to clean up my viewing experience here. I could skip it, but sometimes I end up getting cluttered on a back and forth argument just because someone can't help themselves lol. It's a lot easier this way. My list is pretty short though.

9. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Lol guilty

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Gotta admit have rarely tuned into games this year. I might watch a few minutes here and there but I sorta get your point.
    Having no real identity or expectation of winning makes it easy to just focus on watch some of these new guys games to figure out who is worth keeping and trying to build that young core.
    I like Wood but i think if the money is right keeping Olynk, KPJ and KMJ seems pretty solid to me. Maybe Tate too.
    Not sure what we could get for Wood but he definitely ain't the MAX guy he thinks he is. Really nice compliment though.

12. stab

stab Member

The only enjoyment I have about this season is that we have a good chance at a great player in the upcoming top-heavy draft.

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I think if I was 15 again, I might be able to get some enjoyment out of this season... as it stands, I cannot. I don't like losing, and I don't like watching a team I want to win lose. I tried watching a couple games just cuz I thought it might be interesting to check out KPJ, Wood, and whatnot, but I couldn't get into it. I tried even watching a recording of that 50-pt game where Porter led us past the Bucks, and all I could see was how bad we are and how lucky we got. Even that shootout with a comeback, upset win was boring as hell. Maybe partly because there's nothing at stake.

... On the other hand, it's possible that I just don't enjoy NBA basketball as much as I used to. Maybe it's that watching the refs (and Scott Foster's b!tch @ss) totally change the game and dictate playoff outcomes started to become too much to ignore as a Rockets fan... Or I just don't want to support Tilman's cheapass, heh.

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand being jaded after that fiasco. That said, I've wanted a "pure rebuild" for many years. And, losing goes along with that. Within these losses though is an organic treasure trove. Obviously, player development is a given....seeing these guys evolve. And, contrary to what some might think, a culture instilled...Talent level and chemistry increases. Time and flexibility allow for an acceptable margin for error too. (VERY IMPORTANT)
    My confidence in Stone is high. : ) I do worry about some accelerated time table.....meddling.

It DOES give one a different perspective when watching, but back to the basics isn't so bad. I'm in it to win it over the long haul.

#54 Plowman, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
  15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Wait you wanted a rebuild for many years? You never need to "rebuild" when you have a player like James Harden in his prime, and seemingly still getting better every year (let alone when we had Paul and Capela next to him <sigh>). You do everything you can to build around him. If you wanted us to rebuild while we had Harden, I feel like that could explain why you may be enjoying this more than most, heh. You just wanted to burn it all down for some reason and get a fresh start I guess.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

I've gotten little enjoyment watching the games. Maybe for a week or so seeing how Wood was doing early. Outside of that, it's been a snooze fest. None of these players should be here next year. It should be a complete wash outside of Wall and possibly Wood and KPJ. We have enough picks to erase the blackboard and start over. And next year expect it to be just as ugly. But if we flash an entirely refreshed lineup I'll be tuned in again. Right now we are watching junk.

17. alethios

alethios Member

The game threads don't take nearly as long to get through now, so there's a bright spot.

18. HardenVolumeOne

you mean adam silver sending his goons to send us home, because the league never wanted us to win using moreyball

19. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Fade for Cade, and we did our part.