1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 25 player rankings.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, May 7, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is interesting. I guess all that defense and making players around you better just does not mean that much anymore.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/5/4/22416337/top-25-nba-player-ranking-lebron-james-nikola-jokic

4. Stephen Curry
    Team: Warriors (33-32) | Position: Guard
    31.3 points, 5.5 rebounds, 5.8 assists, 1.2 steals, 60.9 eFG%, 3.2 net rating, 56 GP

O’Connor: Despite having the worst supporting cast since Golden State’s run began, Steph is producing comparably to his unanimous MVP season in 2015-16. We are entering a turning point of Curry’s career. An identity crisis looms for the Warriors; James Wiseman has struggled as a rookie, Draymond Green lost his jumper, and Klay Thompson’s future is uncertain following two straight missed seasons. Steph is 33, and the competition in the West is steeper than it’s been … maybe ever. But Curry has proved to still be one of the few talents who can single-handedly lead his team to the playoffs. With a little more help, the Warriors could soon be back in the championship conversation.

By the numbers: Among all player-seasons in NBA history with at least a 30 percent usage rate and 1,000 minutes played, the three best true shooting percentages are, in order: Curry in 2018, Curry in 2016, and now Curry in 2021.

2. HardenVolumeOne

I guess apparently stats and not winning are the end all be all when it comes Stephen curry. Kevin love should have been a top 10 player in his Minnesota days then

3. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

False. False. And False

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  4. DavidJuan

DavidJuan Member

It's a joke that they have CP3 12th and KD 5th. But the biggest joke is Harden 8th.

Here is my top 6:

6) Lebron: I could argue that Lebron is the greatest ever, but he's slowed down. Still, the Lakers are a championship contender when he plays and they suck when he doesn't play.

5) CP3: He's changed the culture in Phoenix, he's been healthy and he's been amazing.

4) Jokic: A very good player on a very good team, and to his credit he's been the most durable, but he's not been the best.

3) Curry: Lets not hate. Steph has been simply amazing this year on a truly sucky team.

2) Embid: He's been a freaking monster. At a time when big men are said to be obsolete, he's the clear leader on arguably the second best team in the league. If Harden cannot have it he's my choice for MVP.

1) James Harden: I know he missed too many games to be realistically voted MVP, but when he played he's been clearly number one. He's been by far the very best player in what is (when he plays) by far the very best team.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nah, the biggest joke is a triple double player didnt even crack this Top 25 list, yet trip dubs was all the rave just 4 yrs ago to propel him to MVP on a 6th seed

6. DavidJuan

DavidJuan Member

I'd actually put Beal ahead of Westbrook this season. What are your top players?

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/78-2021-sub-all-stars/id1428290303?i=1000521335106

Thinking Basketball Podcast that is technically supposed to be about the “sub all stars” but really turns into a not ranked list of who he felt were the best 50-60 guys THIS SEASON and some who just missed his cut.

Same guy who did the greatest peaks series on YouTube. No one is all knowing but this guy definitely is a film junkie and knows his ****. Worth the listen if you are a bored NBA junkie who wants an informed perspective. And I would say he definitely leans towards players who actually help you win vs raw individual talent.

For those who don’t want to listen and just want the names :

He started by naming the no doubter all star caliber guys

Jokic, Harden, Giannis, Lebron, Kawhi, Luka, Kyrie, Curry, Embiid, PG, Butler, Paul, Middleton, Lillard, Mitchell, Gobert, Ben Simmons, Zion, Bam, Mike Conley, Trae young, Jamal Murray, Tatum, Booker, Towns, Beal, Jrue Holiday and Draymond Green

AD was a no doubter that missed too much time.

His “sub all stars” Grouped in smalls, wings and bigs. Again not in order.

Smalls : McCollum, VanVleet, Lowry, Fox, SGA, Morant, Brogdon, Smart

Wings : Jaylen Brown, Tobias Harris, Joe Ingles, Brandon Ingram, Lavine, MPJ, Mikal Bridges, Covington, Hayward, Nic Batum

Bigs : Capela, Vucevic, Sabonis, Siakam, Turner, Julius Randle

Others considered : Christian Wood, Kemba, Porzingis, Lonzo and LaMelo, OG, Joe Harris, Jerami Grant, John Collins, Jakob Poeltl

He mentioned Christian Wood was the very first person to miss his “sub all star” team. Talked fairly high of him, but that he needs to see a little more.

For the Westbrook stans he explains why he didn’t make the no doubter list, the sub all star list or the others considered list if you want to listen. My favorite line “He’s got the scoring efficiency of a solid player from 1965”

#7 jordnnnn, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
    jiggyfly likes this.