1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gery Woelfel says Stephen Silas among coaches on hot seat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiki, May 6, 2021.

1. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Or draft well. I don't think we are terribly far from being a top 4 seed, with some decent draft picks. If we get Cunningham or Green, then that is a huge first step. I also think if Olynck stays, he can be a third option on this team. So Wood, Olynck and Cunningham are a good start. hen maybe we can trade the Milwaukee and the Portland pick for a late lottery and hope. to score there. Maybe the next Amare can be had at number 9. We can't get gauge what the team will be until after the draft.

2. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

tanking next year is almost a certainty. if we tanked for a 50% chance, next year is a relative 2fer.

Dobbizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

nah, the goal was to try and compete and make the playoffs...they didn’t acquire Oladipo because they wanted the best draft pick possible...he just ended up being so bad and the team ended up being so horrible that an unwanted tank ensued

D-rock, napalm06, Dobbizzle and 3 others like this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

because they have the worst record in the league - their goal - while simultaneously seeing very positive signs from some of their potential key players.

if you told me a few months ago that they’d have as good a shot at keeping a top 4 pick as possible and have two potential foundational pieces whole guys like Tate and KMJ develop while also having interesting options with Olynk (resign, sign and trade) and ABradley (contract tradeable as it can be terminated by receiving team) I’d Abe been shocked.

once Harden was gone and the injuries started this is he ideal outcome.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

You're a damn idiot lol. No way the Rockets fire Silas after the Harden debacle, the roster turnover & ridiculous injuries that plagued this roster. Not to mention the condensed season and lack of practice time. If you think Kenny Atkinson would've done better under these circumstances you're definitely stupider than I imagined

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

oh look, it’s my little follower...cool story

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Hey, Mr Blight Guy, this is an awful post. Reportably so.

You don’t agree, fine. But so dadgum stupid a post.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol look at the 8 players handed to Silas tonight (literally 8 players) and tell me he's on the hot seat

#88 SamFisher, May 7, 2021
    Last edited: May 7, 2021
    MONON, JayZ750 and banzai like this.
  9. MettaWorldPete

I've been very disappointed with Silas (assuming he's trying to win) but him being on the hot seat sounds like total bullshit to me. It's sad how these sports people can just make stuff up with no consequences.

FrontRunner likes this.
  10. hakeemthagreat

https://www.google.com/amp/s/spacec...end-preaches-patience-with-stephen-silas/amp/

“I feel for Stephen. I’ve been knowing him for a long time too. I know his dad, Paul. Steve is a good guy.I hate what’s happening and what happened in the situation with James Harden and Russell Westbrook. And unfortunately Christian Wood got hurt."

“This sh- ain’t his fault man. At least let him bring in some people that he wants to bring in.

Vernon Maxwell agrees with me. How stupid can it be?

11. hakeemthagreat

Didn't you advocate for Will Weaver?

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Wh
    Why does he deserve to be in the hot seat in your opinion?

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You give Frank Vogel these 8 guys tonight and i guarantee he'd have em ******** dunks and puking up blocks while pissing ball screens

D-rock, burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

No, I have never even mentioned that name. Anything else my little follower?

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  15. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I'm going to say this is utter nonsense. No way he is on the hot seat.

burlesk likes this.
  16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah, we're just gonna Brett Brown him instead and fire him when we're almost good.

burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I’m trying to read yours and his side-by-side. I must be stupid because to me it reads exponentially differently.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Frankly, the owner, GM and coaching staff should all be canned by the fans.

D-rock likes this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

They were also trying to save money by moving Levert and Allen (who wants a payday) for Oladipo. Contending + cost cutting = not a strategy

20. DonatelloLimestone

Good coach, but it still takes talent. Look at how it went for him in Orlando with Vuc, Ibaka, Gordon, biyombo, 13/14th in the east in his two years in orlando.

Main point, give silas some stability next year, lets see. I think players respond to him. We also need some more bigs/depth in bigs. It was in our incentive to tank this year, obviously we were embarrassingly bad with a historic losing streak, but most of our roster, depth was border line gleague.