1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(True Hoop) Rockets Source: "they might end up as the worst team in the league."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 9, 2020.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We taking the L on this one boys and girls...

Red Dagger, Clutch, Bo6 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"might"

I see what OP did there :cool:

chadyang likes this.
  3. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

I saw this thread bump around 6A. I'm drunk as a skunk.

Corrosion and Verbal Christ like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Huh? Out of all my posts, you picked this one? I'll eat crow but not with that post lol. I literally said they could be really bad.

You could have bumped Clutch's post too if you wanted to serve crow.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Dont take it personal. Most of my posts don't age well either.

I saw Clutchs after I replied. I would have been a bit scathing with his. Being a hardcore fan is great and all, but some truly haven't understood how bad Tilman really is. Players and staff do not want to play for this guy.

JayGoogle likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I guess it was one of the first posts on the page so I get it, I was just saying I know I've been wrong about many things I thought that was a more hedging my bets kind of post.

I know I was wrong about the Harden trade (which is kind of ironic, I was wrong about the trade when we got him too, didn't think he'd be anything special...) I think most of us thought we'd get one young potential player, Jaylen Brown, MPJ, Ben Simmons...something like that...and all we really got were a bunch of draft picks so we actually did replace Harden with garbage...at least for now unless those picks turn out to be top 10 picks which we won't know until years from now...

In the end, I don't think players care that much about the owner of a team. If Stone is a good GM and is relatively able to make moves that make the team better and the team gets better players won't really care about the owners. Tilman is not the only egotistical ******* owner in the NBA. The Cavs owner definitely one, and Lebron went to play with him despite getting insulted and thrown under the bus by him. Jeanie Buss and the Buss family don't do much for player endearment, pre-lebron, the buss family looked completely lost as to how they would even run the Lakers.

And Mark Cuban, players love him...but Dallas doesn't get any big superstar FA signings. I don't think the likeability of an owner matters that much. Most of these guys have minimal contact with owners...and from what we heard, Harden didn't dislike Tilman, they even worked together...he just didn't like the direction the team was going and his other options were Philly with Embiid and BKN with Kyrie and Durant.

I think fans take things more personally than players do.

B-Bob and Corrosion like this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You are my spirit animal/hero !

homewight likes this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Oh cool, I can go back to dissing ESPN with a clear conscience

DonKnock likes this.
  9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll take the big L on this also. Lots of excuses with injuries and I expected them to get some help in a Harden trade, but bottom line -- they ended up the worst team.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

And considering we no longer have a superstar, worst team in the league is a great place to be for now (assuming the ping pong balls cooperate).

J Sizzle, Corrosion and HP3 like this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Love how these "Harden is the cause of all our problems" posts aged.

13. DonatelloLimestone

Yea it reminds me usually at this point the last few years we're thinking about playoff matchups, usually not worried about iron man harden being able to play. Now we're looking at jun 22nd for a slightly above coin toss hope we can bring in another talent like harden, or even worse and still be an all star in a couple years to steer this ship right.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  14. alethios

alethios Member

That's what happens when people get frustrated with the ownership and media crap. Nothing but hyperbole. Would drive any fan to drinking heavily.

15. DonatelloLimestone

Yep at the very least, like the Anthony davis trade etc. We end up with a guaranteed lottery pick, some talent to look forward to. We got expiring contracts for players already on the line of being injured or outdated. And we got sold of Hope that brooklyn, now becoming more of a destination, improved branding, facilities, etc. will not be able to to keep building or draw talent to keep their show going.

We Punted and got sold hope down the line that the draft classes 4-6 years from now will be special, and that we will hit on them. We got sold the idea that this helps us tank when we can sit john wall or whoever we want, we can play whoever we want rather than 'creating room' for KPJ. Very underpar for one of the best players in the nba even though we are in a tough position, we handled or got the worst out of it seems.

that whole "were willing to get uncomfortable" and avalanche attacking and lowering the value of our own trade asset wasn't a smart move except for mitigating the perception of blame around here. It didn't help our new gm, coach, etc. Did help one person look a little better.

16. DonatelloLimestone

Silver Lining:
    They didn't go for the cheap, headliner moves to bring in some attention in a terrible year: Signing Jimmer Fredette, Jeremy Lin, Isiah thomas, Johhny Manziel, Tim Tebow, Colin Kapernick.

Another cheap attraction like [​IMG]

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

To be blunt about it: The team is in far worse shape than I imagined it would when the season started, and it's more to do with the front office misfires and poor decisions since the transition in ownership. Roster-wise + draft picks, we could compete for a play-in spot in a couple of years. The problem is that I have zero confidence in the front office to make the smart decisions necessary. I've followed this team for decades and have never felt as pessimistic about its future.

#257 topfive, May 7, 2021
    Last edited: May 7, 2021
    YOLO, MettaWorldPete and Williamson like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

aged like milk left out in the sun

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

This thread aged beautifully

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Honestly props to anyone that called out that we were gonna be the shittest team. I knew we were gonna b bad after harden left, but to be shttiest one in the league quite impressive prediction.

And I would like to say i was one of the posters to call for tanking immediately after harden got traded.

MettaWorldPete likes this.