1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Tillmans son to be new CEO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 4, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

Thats what its all about, I'm one step closer to selling protein on instagram. KeepingtheDreamalive

RudyTBag and burlesk like this.
  2. cyberx

cyberx Member

Gretchen is definitely in the running. Patrick is who I was told yesterday. Could be very wrong here. Just wanted to share what I had heard. It isnt one I want to insist on. Clutch, you know there's just love from my side. No offense ever taken. You are the GOAT.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah, but Patrick's tutor was:
    [​IMG]
    Or should I say:
    [​IMG]

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

King Tilman > King Phillip II
    Patrick the Great > Alexander the Great
    Morey > Aristotle
    TMac > VSpan
    Rockets > Greece

5. TimDuncanDonaut

Greece's debt situation similar to Tilly's ? :D

Sorry Malakas. :p

clos4life, malakas, BMoney and 4 others like this.
  6. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Alexander is from Macedonia and Tilman is from MassiveDoucheya.

I'll see myself out.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

MassiveDoucheya sounds Greek to me. :oops:

pippendagimp and lakersuck2 like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know. Spending weeks in the Greek islands of the Aegean can be pretty damn fine.

malakas, Richie_Rich, foh and 3 others like this.
  9. DonatelloLimestone

We need this, this is the culmination of a season at the bottom of the nba where no one can even compete with our bottom spot, everyones going for no 2. and then there is no incentive to even being 1/2, Clutchfans comedy hour is important

""There's comedy even in tragedy. "

burlesk likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

internet.gif

11. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

Oh yeah, this will end well...

12. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

the only 2 professional teams i really care about have the same owner profile: kroenkes (arsenal) and tillmans. what did i ever do to deserve this ****.

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Team Gretch.

[​IMG]

tycoonchip, sydmill and foh like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Being CEO is not that hard.
    Just do what the majority talking heads at ESPN
    Says is good

Rocket River.

15. DonatelloLimestone

Interestingly enough with a lot of big companies when you make it that level, you aren't working as 'hard' or as much as other employees, your decisions just have more risk and weight and responsibility for the big picture stuff. But techincally its just about approving or saying no to the on ground positions, golfing more, socializing more, so forth depending on the style of the company. It isn't harder 'work' per se, but more pressure with each decision. Techinically you're supposed to be responsible for it, but in this case most billionaires hire a fall guy to be the face in case they don't go well, and get paid well. Hence everyone saying tilman says he'll pay the tax while we make moves and lose assets and picks to get under the tax which has no basketball incentive, only one man benefits.

Imagine being a respected GM and you're owner talks like this to the press

"I' am here to win championships, Fertitta said. " I'm not going to let five or 10 or 15 or 20 million dollars make the difference. If you do win the championship, thats easy money back. Now, if we are in the luxury tax every year and barely getting in the playoffs and a first round game is a struggle, I'm going to find a new general manager."

Imagine being a Respected veteran coach and you're owner talks like this to the press:

"I think his agent did me a favor, OK," Fertitta said at the media availability, explaining that he now had an easy out if the Rockets had a disappointing year and decided to move on from D'Antoni.

That's typically not the kind of comment made out loud, much less to the media, by an owner who is attempting to defuse drama. Of course, it's also an unusual approach to point out a coach's age and publicly wonder whether he wanted to continue working beyond next season, as Fertitta did when asked by the Houston Chronicle weeks earlier about a potential extension. That prompted the 68-year-old D'Antoni to make it clear that he planned to coach "at a high level for at least another three years."

Nor is it normal NBA business practice to spill the specifics of an offer that wasn't accepted. Fertitta volunteered that the "great extension offer" he made D'Antoni included a $5 million base salary -- below market value for a coach of his stature -- and $1 million in incentives for each playoff round won. Fertitta failed to mention the buyout language that guaranteed D'Antoni only half of his base salary if the Rockets fired him before the extension began. That was the primary sticking point for D'Antoni, who hoped for a commitment of two more seasons beyond this contract and never seriously considered a half-hearted offer of one more year.

Imagine being a respected superstar in the NBA and you're owner goes to the press after a big loss and talks like this:

"I'm a fighter," said Fertitta, who has owned the franchise for two seasons. "That's my culture, and I think the longer that I own this team, they're going to pick up more of my culture. We had [the Warriors]. We should have stepped on their throat the other night and cut their throat. It's not, 'Let's make a few shots and win.' It's step on their throat and let's take it back to Houston and end it in six. We'll pick up a few Tilman-isms along the way in the next few years."

[​IMG]

clos4life likes this.
  16. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

My friend is dating one of tilmans sons, and this has came up. I'll just say its not 100% from what I understand.

malakas and Jontro like this.
  17. DonatelloLimestone

Yea Tilman's words to the press show me he has a complete delusional lack of self awareness. That said, I think Patrick and any of the kids who spent a second on the internet should know this is setting themselves up for the failure. More than likely they'll hire a rookie GM or anyone who will take a low cost, Patrick gets to be the CEO but not be the fall guy if things get wrong. Most billionaires do it that way, I suspect that is what will happen. But tillman has surprised me in the wrong ways since he got in, yet I still would think they realized this is just a bad way to pile it on for a 26 year old kid.

At this point, just like Morey having to run decisions by him and get to shadow him, they have the benefit o being involved and having their say and access to whatever they want and 0 accountabiltiy to just point the finger at morey or whoever else, why give that up, why give that up now when we are at our lowest. Doesn't make sense. maybe they just floated the idea, but will probably go elsewhere. We're stuck with tilman anyways bar something extraordinary.

iJHolmes and Jontro like this.
  18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Patrick is going to have a rude awakening when he realizes a team and franchise payroll is not like managing a restaurant's labor cost.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry to hear that. Glad it isn't 100% though!

iJHolmes likes this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

wtf happened to this thread lol