1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Great 2021 COVID Vaccine Chase

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Supermac34, Jan 4, 2021.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good to hear you were feeling better after a day.

Uprising likes this.
  2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Did the invasion in your dream have July 8th or 18th as the dates?

robbie380 likes this.
  3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Nope but in the dream I was in Vegas with 2 friends that I always go to Vegas with for March Madness. One of my friends had betting odds on America versus the aliens and America was +133 and those were supposedly better odds than the first invasion. I think I was inclined to bet on America but I didn't place a bet.

malakas and Joshfast like this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Over the weekend by Saturday afternoon felt pretty much back to normal. Still have a little bit of soreness at the injection site but after two days since my second injection that was pretty much it.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

https://www.news4jax.com/news/flori...suspends-all-remaining-local-covid-19-orders/

Good News! Florida leading the way to end all COVID restrictions, ending local restrictions. I am not sure if public stores can still enforce it, but local authorities can not enforce them.

Also COVID passports are prohibited.

I agree with this. Anyone who wants a vaccine can get it within a couple days, if not same day. These have been emergency executive orders and we shouldn't be using emergency executive orders as long term solutions.

6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

That's awesome news! It means the "Meanwhile in Florida" thread should be blowing up with new content real soon! Way to lead the way Florida!

mikol13 and B-Bob like this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I just came back from Florida on Friday. At Pensacola Beach, I'd say about half the people wore masks in stores and stuff. Maybe 2% wore them outside. We only dined at outdoor places, and basically no guests wore masks for that - though the staff sometimes did.

So if Pensacola Beach is representative of the rest of Florida, then I think this won't really be a big change for many people in their day-to-day.

8. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Proud of Minnesota for our commitment to getting vaccinated but my god most of the US is awful. We're one of the only countries in the world with vaccine availability and people just refuse. Based on this, I think Minnesota needs to build a wall to keep North Dakotans out.

[​IMG]

superfob and boomboom like this.
  9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Mildly encouraging. It seems like all the major population centers are a decently high percentage. That map might not look as bad if the sizes of it were adjusted for population.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. Space Ghost

There is no reason to wear a mask outside if you're 3 or 4 feet apart.

If the store isn't attempting to enforce it, mask usage is moderate.

For the vast majority of people, same day vaccination appointments can be had at your nearest CVS. (In FL).

I'm not an antimasker or any of that silly nonsense. It's just time to move on from thie authoritarian mandates.

At this point, if our government had any sense, they would spend their time educating people on when they should wear a mask. In the US, COVID is now 100% political.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  11. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Yeah its actually not as bad as it looks. Its what everyone suspects. Most of the country will be fine but we'll have regional outbreaks. But the lack of country wide herd immunity means that getting yearly boosters will continue to be critical.

robbie380 likes this.
  12. Space Ghost

Herd immunity can only happen on a global scale, not country. It's not going to happen. Time to move on from that conversation.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don't know if it will matter, but if there are 2nd generation covid vaccines that are fully FDA approved without significant side effects that cover all variants then that could also increase the vaccination rate. Most of the anti-covid vaxxers are pretty dug in, but I've seen a few point out that the vaccine is only approved for emergency use and they want to see more data because they are in low risk groups. People might disagree but I think this is a fair point (if they are being genuine) and there is some data to suggest that this is a fair point.

SuraGotMadHops and Andre0087 like this.
  14. Space Ghost

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

As a super healthy young guy I'm finally able to schedule an appointment -- what vaccine have y'all enjoyed the most? I'm thinking J&J so it's one and done -- thoughts?

16. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, having had all three, I was struck by the pfizer's earthy undertones and hints of coco and cinnamon, the moderna was notable for its bright finish, and the J&J was reminiscent of a tire fire.

Surfguy, DCkid, Rashmon and 9 others like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for ... #RealTalk

BigM likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Fyi- Shots for adolescents 12-15 expected to be approved in the next few weeks.

superfob and gifford1967 like this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Somebody let tinman know

gifford1967 and Rashmon like this.
  20. CCorn

CCorn Member

I went to Walgreens to get my crazy meds and they gave me a vaccine shot on the spot.

Xerobull likes this.