1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about alt coins? V.1 [discussion]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 10, 2021.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Unbounded scaling is going to destroy the world.

2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

lol! wasn't this thread started becos he didn't want alt discussions in the btc thread?!

3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Many coins are infinite. Like eth. As long as adoption rate > dilution rate, price go up. eth and doge's RATE of dilution are also slowing.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Doge is infinite... sort of. It's limited by time though so the inflation rate is more predictable.

5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

ok, i sold off 80%; didn't expect it to go up so fast tbh. will be back if there's a post show dump.

Edit: oof, just got email that Gemini supports doge now. Probably sold too early, but after 2018, I rather be early than late...

#425 saitou, May 6, 2021
    Last edited: May 6, 2021
    dachuda86 likes this.
  6. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

is it really inflation if everyone knows how much will be created in a set amount of time? if everyone knows how many are made every year (5mil correct me if im wrong) but wouldn't inflation be priced in thus not really inflation.

also ada today :)

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Yes its still considered inflationary. That is not necessarily a bad thing. Bitcoin being deflationary is not necessarily a feature but a necessity.

Bitcoin being deflationary makes it inevitably obsolete, much like gold is becoming obsolete. It may not happen in our lifetime, but it inevitable will happen before the last bitcoin is mined.

Doge is designed to be used more as a currency. The time to double its supply will continue to expand out further over time.

I believe Ethereums model is to scale up or down depending on demand. Keep in mind Ethereum is still in development. ETH will continue to go up but its ecosystems tokenomics will scale. The value of the tokens will not necessarily go up or down, but the defi lending/borrowing rates will scale.

DOMINATOR likes this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

i saw those dudes in concert before they were famous

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think it'll dip ... hell the rise might be leveling off... entry point comin' up again! :)

saitou likes this.
  10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Chia (XCH) Price Predictions Heat Up From Amazon Offering
    Chia has blown up in the last few days thanks to an announcement by Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN). The e-commerce giant is offering Chia mining in the Amazon Web Service’s cloud. The company is even providing a tutorial on how to start mining the crypto, setting up novices with their own wallets and helping them begin accruing coins. The announcement piggy-backs on iMD’s (OTCMKTS:IBCU) pivot toward Chia mining late in April. The iMD announcement, and now the Amazon cloud service, are signifiers of crypto’s coming shift toward eco-friendliness.

Chia is fresh, launching at the beginning of May, and it’s already seeing ups and downs. The Amazon news is catalyzing big gains that investors are hoping lead to a steady increase in Chia price. DigitalCoinPrice is the earliest predictor of Chia prices, suggesting that XCH could gain over 600 points this year, ending 2021 at $1,775.73. Market Realist supplements the prediction directly, calling XCH an optimistic investment for 2021.

https://investorplace.com/2021/05/c...ions-where-does-xch-go-after-aws-mining-news/

Looks like you're at $60k per month now?! Have you set up your rig yet? gogo xch!

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I wonder what the breakeven point is for farming on aws

saitou likes this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Part of me is tempted to sell off my doge now and then buy it back for the same money value (and more overall coins) at the post SNL dip.

13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

@Xerobull out of all the hd farming coins, how did you know to pick xch? Wasn't Sia a similar concept already? Share with us how you identify :)

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Mining Chia is low cost and power efficient compared to Siacoin. Siacoin uses GPU cycles and can be mined as a secondary coin in conjunction with ETH.

I’m deep down the rabbit hole in altcoins so I read a lot. I also subscribe to a crypto analytics service which rated Chia very high as an investment.

ramotadab, Invisible Fan and saitou like this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Hmm interesting. Also the biggest pump I have ever seen was sia jumping 270,000% in 2017. Maybe chia will do the same

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lol 70cents . It’s going to keep going up it has enough buy in at this point. But the market cap can only go so much before the rate of dilution catches up and people stop seeing these gains and start cashing out

Sajan likes this.
  17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Oxb

saitou likes this.
  18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Doge will probably rise up to near a dollar with this SNL/Elon hype and then people will be cashing out. Who knows how low it will go or if it even drops significantly. It could be $10 in two years lol.

Rodman23 likes this.
  19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Im a baby and moved all the way to ethereum classic which then promptly tanked. So im in a bad spot with it. I stil expect it to come out of this but a setback no doubt.

Its not a loss till you sell but maybe when the doge sell off happens..

So im team etc by necessity

20. Sajan

Sajan Member

Rodman23 likes this.