1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karens and Masks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd rather someone put on a nazi flag mask than no mask

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

LOL

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Points for D&D alignment talk.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Now you can have both!

Speak to the manager on Halloween 2020 with this terrifying ‘Karen’ mask
    Updated Sep 17, 4:05 PM; Posted Sep 17, 3:02 PM

Jason Adcock's "Karen" mask, which puts a terrifying twist on an Internet meme. His creations are available on his Etsy page, Kamoras Costumes. (Jason Adcock | Kamoras Costumes | Etsy).

Nothing is scarier than reality. Bring the horror of customer management to Halloween 2020 with artist Jason Adcock’s “Karen” mask, complete with the telltale choppy haircut and perpetually angered expression.

“She loves red states, expired coupons, hairspray, bare minerals and her gated community,” Adcock quipped. “Full latex mask with lashes and full head of ‘speak to the manager’ hair.”

Adcock, who put the mask up for sale on his Kamoras Costumes Etsy account, told Good Morning America that his inspiration for the mask stemmed from a combination of real-life Karen experience and a dark sense of humor. “I’ve kind of seen Karens in the wild my whole life,” he explained. “And I just thought it would be kind of a funny thing to make for Halloween, and I didn’t think it would really take off. Karen is transcendent of all gender and size. She is just a modern-day tyrant. Anybody evil can be a Karen.”

But maybe being just a Karen for Halloween isn’t creepy enough for you. No problem: you can take it up a notch with Adcock’s other mask, “KAREN-19,” a coronavirus twist twinged with a sickly complexion and covered with pus-filled bumps.

The Internet phenomenon of “the Karen” has been the subject of many a humorous meme for months. Typically, a “Karen” is a term which refers to an entitled, overbearing woman who constantly attempts to get her way at the expense of others. While most use it in a lighthearted fashion, there are many actual Karens who aren’t too happy at the name’s negative association. Some even believe the word to be sexist.

As of the writing of this article, the Karen mask is sold out on Adcock’s Etsy. The artist encourages eager buyers to stay tuned for more product availability updates.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

What a calm employee. That dude has mental problems.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

To everyone's credit, including those who rioted at the Capitol, (and the dude who shouted at me and my dog who were just minding our own business yesterday)... the pandemic has been really freaking hard on people's mental health! LOL

Kim likes this.
  9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Sorry for shouting; San Fran just gets me all claustrophobic with just the endless houses and I go crazy sometimes! I don't want to judge that dude at his worst, but from the employee's reporting, dude seems to be a repeat offender. It's so annoying that he went from verbal assault to physcial assault to greivance politics within 5 minutes.

jiggyfly and B-Bob like this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

well that guy makes me feel quite sane and normal. thank dude

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

12. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

R0ckets03 and Blatz like this.