1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Craziest real life car chase of all time

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, May 3, 2021.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

In training the kid was told a thousand times - Have the AR ready for Leo if he needs it - I guarantee Leo gives the kid high marks for his first ambush. Kid wasn't perfect but be didn't freak out and start crying.

jiggyfly, B-Bob and superfob like this.
  2. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Honestly, glad to see he kept his trigger discipline on the AR. Half expected him to shoot himself from getting all amped up by the adrenaline.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The good news is, living and working in that part of the world, he'll likely have several more ambushes ahead of him. One day, if he lives that long, he'll be as calm, cool, and collected as the driver was.

Nook likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

Nobody can be that cool.

Invisible Fan and boomboom like this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Nook likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There can only be one. The student will have to overthrow the teacher.

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

8. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I'm so use to watching movies, the lack of witty dialogue between them made the buddy cop film kinda lame.

Invisible Fan and FrontRunner like this.
  9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Frickin Josh & Robbie!! I hate when people don’t answer their phone!! :mad:

[​IMG]

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Xerobull likes this.
  11. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can tell the partner was an FNG (f-ing new guy). I wouldn't have a problem with him as my battle buddy, though. He stayed calm and didn't make things worse by freaking out or talking too much. He wasn't in control; the driver was, so he kept his trap shut as he should. Giving suggestions on what to do when they both have the same view/angle of the shituation would have just made things worse. He stayed calm, trusted his partner, chambered his pistol, then did his partner's weapon as instructed. He followed directions when told to call Robby and Josh. It seemed like he couldn't connect, so he started to text. That was the right thing to do. I watched his hand and fingers to see if they were shaking or trembling, and they didn't seem like it, so I was impressed by that. I'm guessing but, getting out of the vehicle and going on the offensive is not standard protocol for cash-in-transit truck drivers. So, when his partner got out, it took him a split second to follow suit. Then, when it finally registered, he unbuckled and started to get out right before the footage cuts. I would have preferred that it would have registered in his head a little faster, but again, he's the FNG. It takes years of Meat Eater training, live simulations, and mission experience to be as good as the other guy.

12. KingCheetah

Fookin Prawns.

13. Buck Turgidson

Colt45 and Nook like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's what I thought, what the hell was he supposed to be doing.

I was like my man sure is calm with this.

Ottomaton likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

16. KingCheetah

Prinsloo's experience is certainly put to the test in the attempted robbery. Although the ordeal lasts only a few minutes, several shots are fired at him and his passenger, who is, quite literally, a passenger throughout the situation. Unable to return fire and obviously unable to drive, there's not much he can do besides following Prinsloo's commands. He doesn't seem quite as cool under pressure as his colleague, but it's safe to assume very few people would be. Besides YouTube commenters, of course.

“The driver of the CIT vehicle managed to evade the robbers for a while but later stopped in wait for the robbers."

https://www.thedrive.com/news/40428...hway-heist-is-straight-out-of-an-action-movie

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Being calm and being caught in the headlights -frozen- are two very different things. Even in the end when the driver is ramming the other car and the guy is trying to use the phone he just has the rifle sitting in his lap. The driver exits the vehicle and hes still frozen. He has a delay in unbuckling his seatbelt and he doesnt even pull his service pistol to attempt to back up.

I cant say what I would do in that situation, but I can say I have been in a couple of hairy ones and will say that boy was shook and the driver was not safe with him as a backup.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He pulled his pistol before he got the rifle and are we sure he is not trained or was old to stay behind to protect the cargo.

There is nothing on that video that says the driver was not safe with him as a backup.

He was told to use the phone and yes he had the rifle on his lap do you think he was supposed to roll the window down and return fire?

He was supposed to have the rifle ready for the driver and that's what he did he followed orders.

19. KingCheetah

Leo is cool with his partner.
    ______

“I cannot say much as an investigation is underway but I and my fellow guard did what was expected of us."

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The whole video is subjective to what you or I want to think or believe, so we'll just post about what we think or believe. I can tell you with just working with people in my life, I hate holding peoples hands through stressful events and to me this was the case.

Should he have rolled the windows down and started to shoot? Hell No! The safest place they could be was in the vehicle, but while the driver was ramming the other car, his eyes shouldve been alert for the criminals exiting their vehicles and shouldve had hands on the weapon to return fire if it became just a bullet parade. Instead he was trying to use the phone and clearly couldnt under duress. The main thing that gets me is the driver exiting the vehicle and maybe there is protocol to stay with the cargo, but its the delayed reaction of unbuckling his belt that really bothers me.