1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Will the Rockets have a better record than the Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Dec 1, 2020.

?

Rockets have a better record than the Knicks , they have a bad owner too

1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    59.2%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    40.8%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we're still a better organization than the Knicks

and people will continue to be on my threads cause I'm a pure fan, they can smell out the fake ones

besides,

who won in 1994?

yeah. i thought so.

2. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Your entire mantra is living in the past. 1994 was 27 years ago. Stop latching onto the past like 1999ers and live in the present.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

It’s 2021

Hakeem Olajuwon is still the greatest Rocket ever
    And Tmac still hasn’t seen a second round except for the sugarland pub
    @J.R.

Patience and J.R. like this.
  5. DonatelloLimestone

I hope so man, we have a 52 percent of keeping our top 4. That doesn’t even mean its a no 1. But as you mentioned, the GOat face of the franchise, Hakeem came as our no 1 and sometimes Clutch City gets the luck going our way and I’ve never seen us need it more.

To me its just not smart fandom to ignore the mistakes of the last 3 years in the guise of fandom, we’ve got to be objective, we’ve got to invest on a foundation, player development, facilities, culture that players will want to play for to squeeze out the best talent. Cade can be really special, he could end up like tyreke evans the Roy who dropped 20-5-5 his first year for the lowly kings, but I think he’s got that special sauce and we need to put all the pieces there so he succeeds beyond that. We haven’t focused on those things to make and keep us a destination under Tilly, we need to call that out just like we called out harden’s defense,MDA’s lack of adjustments and short lineup, so on and so forth. We can do that while all rooting and hollering for them to win because the key is to win and get better, not kiss feet of an owner who is all talk, and doesn’t back it up but point fingers while he raises the prices on fans and would price us out of the building if the market allows. Couldn’t even stand up to China, but theres hope. If he hears the roar of us, of this city, of the actual consumers that make this franchise and give it importance, he will have no choice but to change. That matters.

Cmon, let Les go.Screw les in Florida or nyc with his trophies screw him for letting Hakeem goto Toronto, hes gone, he sucks, thats great.
    Tillman is it now, and hes proceeded to overlook the largest and fastest combination fall we’ve seen in modern history, we need to let em know. Let’s get clutch city vol 2 back. The dream lives(and still lives in Houston!)

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Would love it, but even if it happens Fertits still has ruined Rockets in record time and I don't have confidence they know what they are doing.

YOLO likes this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

The knicks have a future. The Rockets don’t.

Dolan is an idiot, but at least he can afford a team.

8. DonatelloLimestone

I believe In reform, but his track record not just on here but his business, his quotes towards all sorts of things are sort of alarming. He seems to o have a habit to volunteer and take the mike and goto the press and just out right lie or embellish the truth to make himself look good. At this point, the owners are the most replaceable people, its a 50/50 partnership and outside of very unique circumstances you need a superstar to win and they go where there is a proper supporting cast which the trend is you have to overpay to keep during your window, save money later. The agents talk, the reputation of the rockets is not so much as a destination.

We are also not in a bad rebuild position. I think we didn’t get great return on our trades, especially choosing oladipo over levert. I love Kelly, I also like Bradleys mentality, its nice to move up a little in the draft, but we could’ve had levert who wouldn’t put our backs agains the wall as he has 2 more year on his contract and it was an open rumor he was vying to goto Miami. Let alone hes 26, averaged 20-5-5 in the playoffs over two times which showed his flashes and sure enough now back in April, hes doing 21-6-5.

That said, we still have an opportunity, 52 percent, at a very good prospect and stone has done a good job bringing in the likes of Wood, KPJ, KMJ, and Tate, even brooks. Those are solid role players we can build on. The problem is, eventually they’ll all want to get paid, Woods in two years after this along with kpj with inflation of the nba both are looking at 20 million plus if they keep up their pace. Tate will see a raise in 3, and lets see how kmj goes but we have him for four year.
    And none of them are 1A stars. We hope the draft pick is, his first extension is easy, then after 7 years the league opens up a little more. So then tillman will soon come toe the crossroads again of possibly paying to contend and pushing the cap and if he makes the whole argument, I’ll only pay if we make the finals...how many teams now that are paying are guarantee the finals? Not the lakers, not the nuggets, not the jazz, not clippers, you just put your best out there to contend but thy all have a shot. Likewise on the east, Brooklyn is not a sure thing, neither is sixers, who knows about a dark horse, or Milwaukee. There are no guarantees in this league, everyone can say I’ll only pay for a star, but why are stars coming to a franchise like this if we are modeling ourselves like the Indiana pacers. Good enough to entertain and fill seats, hope we get lucky, profitable, but will skim after that.

Tillmans got some time to get his finances his order. Anyone whose paid attention to know he is the most over leveraged owner in the league, let alone bought at a high point. His entire business was probably least adaptable for COVID to the point last march he told texas monthly, for some reason he said something along the lines of : You can Write down that I will survive this pandemic and do so without government help
    Then you can read his transcript with sec Munchkin and Trump where he asks them to reclassify loans so he can get it without the bad PR.
    But he punted, and now we’ll be waiting a few years to sniff contention if we’re lucky again and hopefully when that time comes, I guess we’re all hoping Landrys does great and tillman will pay. Sad situation for Houston that we have to suffer bc some ego bought the team and couldn’t handle it. Clutch city deserves better.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

we now get laughed at by Knicks fans

HP3 likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wooohooo, I was one of the few who voted no....what do I win.........oh, right, the chance to root for a team that is not real good.

DD

12. HROZ

HROZ Member

Sad.

Can't believe we have a worse record that the Knicks ......

But Randle has been amazing.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

give them one, year, they still mad about 1994.

We getting Cade bro

Reeko likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

you already won

Jontro likes this.
  15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Changed my vote.

I wanted Randle for years. Now he is too expensive.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No, they're not. It was 27 years ago and they've been to a final since.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

MSG Networks, aka the people who own the Knicks made this... in 2020

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

We getting screwed bro.

All because Tilman Fertitta said, "Hold my beer, James Dolan" and rammed through that CP3 trade over the wishes of his front office.

YOLO likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

harden didn't like CP3.

I'm excited about the draft party, don't you remember those?

Who thought this Yao Ming guy or Hakeem Guy or Francis guy was any good?

20. tinman

Supporting Member

You guys can blame Tilman all you want. Les didn't have to sell the team , didn't seem like he was in dire financial situation that made him do it. And he didn't have to give a LOAN to Tilman either.

But Les is a greedy b*stard who put the championship trophies in Florida.

It's all true
    @J.R.
    @Reeko

J.R. likes this.