1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Do We Trade Away This Offseason?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by razorback88s, Apr 29, 2021.

?

Who is most likely to be traded this summer? (pick top two answers)

1. Danuel House

2. Christian Wood

3. DJ Augustin

4. John Wall

5. Eric Gordon

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

if the rockets are SENDING out picks, i have no interest in the trade, period

saleem likes this.
  2. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

Of course. That trade would be without picks

3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

isn't Luke dead money for longer then wall? Should only be taking on dead money for picks, otherwise just keep wall/buy him out/cut him

4. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

Around 40 million less, and he is shooting 46% in 3 pointers

saleem likes this.
  5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

but for more years, more years = bad

6. MystikArkitect

They won't but Wood for sure. Too many red flags. Could get a decent wing for him, get the kid from USC, go with Wall and EGo and KPJ.

7. HROZ

HROZ Member

House & DJ is obviously the answer

Wood isn't being sold Esp in the offseason.

Wall Gordon we've seen no interest out there for them.

saleem likes this.
  8. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

BF364566-A242-4AED-B974-3B3F6E4BD721.gif
    I would keep Tate and KJ and trade everyone else if they net me good returns. No one is untouchable.

9. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

NBA players are well too self absorbed to get on board with this kind of thing. They wouldn't put personal legacy ahead of the team for a tank. Whatever Wall did was because that was what Wall chose.

10. xaos

xaos Member

These ads in the middle of the screen

ak99999 likes this.
  11. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Some of ya'll want to trade the whole roster for worse or equivalent players. That makes zero sense. Guys like Wood and Tate are playing above their contracts, we shouldn't trade every player just because the team sucked this year. Focus on trying to move Wall and EG.

Bo6, Dobbizzle and burlesk like this.
  12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i'd agree in most instances... especially for prolonged periods of time...

but if they told House that they were gonna let him sit for a few weeks and just say he had a sore hammy - i doubt he'd b****... if you tell guys to go out and play like chumps - then i could see guys having an issue... ego and potentially hurting future earning potential... thats why i think Wall has been the key to the tank...

Wall already has uber bucks locked in - still under contract next year and a player option the year after... He has plenty of time to help the Rox tank and still rebuild his value before his next contract (and this season could always be attributed to still coming back from his injury)... given the alternative of the Rox dumping his contract to an undesirable location - and i could see him willing to play ball - or play ball badly... for at least a season... lol

but just my opinion...

13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

House isn't a good example. He will sit out a game because he has dry eyes. He actually wants to sit out games.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

2 potential Eric Gordon landing zones I could see that would zero out his money in 2022. Basically trading EG for an expiring.

1) LAC - Beverley - Beverley is always injured and LAC is in "win now mode." EG brings the same amount of defense as Beverley and brings LAC some north/south driving that they could use. He makes sense on that roster.

2) MIN - Rubio - Minnesota wants to start winning. Especially if they have to give their FRP to GSW next season. Rosas is aware of what EG brings to the table. EG could be a 6th man backing up Beasley & Edwards. They need some vets on that team.

Again, both cases you move EG for an expiring in 2022.

saleem likes this.
  15. mightybosstone

I agree that there's places that make sense as destinations for Gordon, but if you're Houston, do you really just dump him to the first team that gives you an expiring contract? I don't hate that idea, but if you're getting veterans in return who are still going to take away minutes from your young, rebuilding roster, I'm not sure what you gain aside from one less year of paying Gordon.

If they're going to do that, I'd rather them wait until Gordon has enough value to net them picks and/or prospects, maybe at next year's trade deadline or in summer 2022. I have to think that a $20 million expiring Gordon who can net a team 18 points off the bench and play above average defense is worth more than another expiring veteran at that point. But maybe I'm overrating his value?

Corrosion and Little Bit like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't know what EG's value is. We can all debate it, but I just wanted to offer realistic suggested trading parters where the goal was to get off of EG for 2022.

We can quibble on the trade specifics of course.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I believe it can only happen if EG comes back to good health. Solid performances could make him attractive to the Clippers by the trading deadline. It's a long shot.

18. DonatelloLimestone

Wouldn't they say the same about EG, clippers could say EG is almost always injured too. Neither have been reliable, let alone Beverly defense mentality really compliments that team and its stars. I'd take this trade, I just don't think they have any reason to really give it. EG is not going to to get hte rope, the tocuhes when George and Leonard are on the court.

2) this one maybe a possibility. EG is a bit redundant with edwards emergence. Arguably also where he fits in the rotation of Russel/edwards, as you said maybe if they want the 6th man. Rubio is a fan favorite, but replaceable. This may make sense, but the big problem for Eg is similar to Wall

Neither have shown the ability to stay on the floor, are on the wrong end of 30, with bad unexpiring contracts. But I could see Minny wanting vets, but then rubio serves that purpose and itsn't quiet lik EG, hes known as a huge locker room influence and moral booster. EG is known to be a quiet worker.

And wall was out 2 years before this, it was a bit odd to see so much optimism maybe it was change for the sake of change, and while he looked athletic this year, he still continues to sit more than he plays

I think EG is a possibly trade, Wall only if we give up assets. Given that we're not going anywhere next year, it may not be a bad idea to hang onto them. We have our pick next year. They'll be expirings that summer and then become more tradeable and maybe a year o misery might make them more likely to negotiate a buy out and do the rockets favorite move for the last 3 years, money savings.

19. DonatelloLimestone

this is a business, veterans aren't just taking minutes from young developing players, the team and the direction of the team directs the minutes. We can sit EG or play him bench minutes, if he doesn't like it he can sit back and negotiate a buy out. We play who we think is best for the rockts given all the context, we don't have to lose.

but Eg is not very valuable in this league. Hes a solid, albeit inconsistent scorer, but he can create. when hes healthy we can see him being useful in a lot of places, but thats the point, he hasn't been consistently healthy much of his career. His contract is not great for that. I'm not sure there are many teams that would trade assets. Likewise I agree ther isn't that much need for urgency. ERic, like all the players bhe played with saw the writing on the all and knows this isn't a win now team. If he gives us a buyout then thats fine, but we don't 'have to' play anyone. Avery bradley is a good example, a vet who right away knew his job was apart of team culture and helping develop KPJ. At this point, we are the worst team in the league, its not really close, EG is not thinking about coming back and getting back to playoff basketball, hes a vet, this is a business, these guys have seen it before. We don't have to give away players and say its so our young guys can play, we can just play our young guys. This is a big boy league, theres no equal minutes requirements.

Likwise in the fallacy that our trades of getting underwhelming parts in return free up our minutes. We decide the minutes, people sit, if they want to be unprofessional and demand out or sit, thats fine, they can hurt their own value, not that theres a huge market for EG/Wall anyways, its fair inconsequential for us in that way.

20. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

As much as I'd hate to get rid of a guy that wants to be here, Wood makes so much sense on a team trying to contend. I think you have to kick the tires on a deal with a team like GSW if you decide a long rebuild is the way to go