1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/1/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2021.

1. DavidJuan

DavidJuan Member

Yeah, that's fair. Also, it's easy to stick with a loser when you already have won some titles with them.

But Houston stood by Harden as well, they traded for him when he was a sixth man and recognized that he was a generational talent, molded their playing style and their culture to best fit him, went after pretty much every top free agent, and managed to get some of them to play with him. I'm not sure what else they could have done to support him, other than draft better, and maybe a little bit more luck.

2. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I really don't think the difference is as great as you think in terms of "blowout quarters". We get blown out in all the quarters in various games. I'm fairly sure we get blown out by 10+ in the 2nd quarter as much as we do in the 3rd quarter, if not more. We pretty much suck in most quarters.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Our weaknesses have been badly exposed.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Hmm no.

Warriors offered Bucks pick for their choice of Curry or Ellis for Bogut, and they chose Ellis.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

if you’re still watching this sorry team play on a Friday or Saturday night then

[​IMG]

I checked the final score, let out a Kawhi laugh, and then went on about my night

s3ts, hakeem94, ak99999 and 2 others like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

And came in here to post about it ... :D

Little Bit, clos4life and daywalker02 like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Curry carried against Porter Junior.

10. conquistador#11

Listened to the radio broadcast and had a blast every single time "Mulder" did something there was an X-files reference.
    Thanks for making the second half blow out more enjoyable. You the realz MVPs.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

@Little Bit

I went back and looked to see how many times we lost a quarter by 10 or more points during the season and it looks like it happened 10 times in the 1st qtr, 15 times in the 2nd, 12 times in the 3rd, and 9 in the 4th thru the Warriors game yesterday. Feel free to correct if I'm wrong.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. amaru

amaru Member

Semantics.

Golden State is the only franchise Curry played for. Houston lucked into Harden (who didn’t really want to come here ,at first, by his own admission).

Two VERY different scenarios.

#232 amaru, May 3, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
  13. amaru

amaru Member

You’re arguing a point I didn’t make. All I said was the relationship between Curry and Golden State is different than the one between Harden and Houston.

14. DavidJuan

DavidJuan Member

I would argue that this it is due to a larger extent to the differences between Harden and Curry as individuals than it is due to the differences between the way the Rockets (under the old ownership) and the Warriors did business. No doubt both teams suck now because they went for broke to maximize the years of their generational talents, (James and Curry), and now both are paying the price. Once things got bad, one of these two generational talents chose to bail, the other one chose (at least up to now) to stick it out with his team through the bad times.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

That may be true, but deeper connection, stood by him, no, none of that is true.

16. amaru

amaru Member

The Rockets change in ownership and GMs is a huge variable to ignore. Would Curry stay under similar circumstances? Who knows. But it's all academic. What's done is done and can't be undone. Tilman destroyed this franchise in just a few seasons and the Rockets will be bottom dwellers for the foreseeable future.

17. amaru

amaru Member

Reality shows us something different. Harden, Morey, Tad Brown are all gone and this franchise is going nowhere fast.