1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Rodgers -- ??? [Reportedly headed to Denver Broncos]

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by plutoblue11, Apr 30, 2021.

1. blackistan

blackistan Member

He’s earned the right

2. Buck Turgidson

Have you witnessed what Aaron Rodgers can do?

KingCheetah, MadMax and H.D. like this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

He can run from Tom Brady, but he cannot hide.

4. H.D.

H.D. Member

+1 only because the sarcasm is wicked and seemingly flying over everyone's head ...

5. Buck Turgidson

I love you Hetero Doxy. Take Care.

H.D. likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

“With him being that upset shows me how weak he is,” Bradshaw said. “Who the hell cares who you draft? I mean, he’s a three-time MVP in the league and he’s worried about this guy they drafted last year at No. 1?”

Bradshaw added, “And for him to be upset, my God, I don’t understand that. Pittsburgh drafted Mark Malone No. 1, Cliff Stoudt in the third or fourth round. I had them coming at me from all angles. I embraced it, because when we went to practice, I wasn’t worried about those guys. You know? They didn’t scare me a bit. So I don’t understand why he’s so upset at Green Bay.

“And then if they fire the general manager he’ll come back? Are you kidding me? Really? Aaron, that’s where this is?”

“Here’s what I’d do,” Bradshaw said. “I wouldn’t budge. Let him gripe. Let him cry. Retire. You’re 38. Go ahead and retire. See you later. I mean, I’m really strong about stuff like that, and it just makes him look weak. In my way of looking at it, it makes him look weak. How dare you draft somebody? I play better than they thought I would. Me being the MVP really screwed them, really messed them up.

"Well, obviously he doesn’t need the money, so he probably should just retire and go do Jeopardy! I wouldn’t budge.”

Bradshaw added, “He’s really put them in a pickle. Green Bay is really in a pickle. If he retires, then that takes care of that. They can’t trade him. If they trade him, they’re gonna lose too much money.”

#9 J.R., May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Pistol Pete, tinman and JumpMan like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Need more links.

BHannes2BHonest and tinman like this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bradshaw and these Steelers teams were loyal to Pittsburgh and their fans
    Today’s athlete is more self centered

raining threes likes this.
  9. Major

Major Member

Shocking they were loyal in the days before free agency when players literally had no other choice.

10. KingCheetah

If someone asked me to choose the athlete most likely to go American Psycho/ OJ -- Rodgers would be my first choice... Something weird about that guy.

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You know, I have never thought about him in that way...but now that I do, you are absolutely right. He's so laid back, almost too laid back, as if it's a front. I've heard that he is estranged from his family, I wonder why?

KingCheetah likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't think Rogers is a free agent.
    But I'm sure he's insured with State Farm.

13. Major

Major Member

He plays in an era of player movement where players choose their teams every few years. No one is loyal to their teams in the modern era because they don't have to be. They culture of players being loyal to their teams existed only because teams had full control of their players. Acting like it was a virtue on the part of the players is dumb - if they had the freedoms that modern players do, they'd have been on the move and asking for trades regularly also.

plutoblue11 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

He's also the athlete most likely to host Jeopardy.

plutoblue11 and tinman like this.
  15. KingCheetah

He lost... on Jeopardy

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

...baby...

17. KingCheetah

Dude holds a grudge like no other.