1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Aaron Rodgers signed a contract extension in April 2018. He gave it a good three years.. on top of the previous 10+ years. Without even getting into all the other reasons its not the same...

DW signed a contract extension September 5th. He gave it a good 5 months, lol.

That's without getting into the more damning thing... which is DW strongly backed Bill O'brien. Aaron Rodgers did not strongly back not getting help for him on offense in the draft.. he was fairly vocally against that route, lol... and still gave them a whole another year.

If Aaron Rodgers had signed a contract extension say middle of the 2020 season, then pre-draft said draft me a backup QB of the future, but then got pissed at the exact backup QB of the future they drafted (Jordan Love) and asked for a trade, then at least they'd be more comparable.

2. raining threes

My sentiments on sediments too.

Nook and aristophanes34 like this.
  3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

This would be like James Harden demanding a trade back in October vs. Giannis demanding a trade right now, 5 months after signing a contract extension.

Nook and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. showa13

showa13 Member

Typos are a b****

raining threes likes this.
  5. Major

Major Member

So it's no longer "a contract is a contract"? What are the rules on when it's acceptable to want out of a contract and why?

On a side note, he gave what 3 years? The team was phenomenally successful during that time. He was surrounded with talent and great coaching, and they had the best record in the NFC each of the last two years.

Icehouse likes this.
  6. JayZ750

It’s always a contract is a contract. That’s how contracts work. He can’t just not show up and expect to get paid.

but he/players can use leverage to force moves to the extent possible. Or do other things within the confines of the rules - eg sit out, but not get paid or accumulate the year of service, etc.

The issue is how “ok” or “dickish” a move iso g such leverage is.

I’m not going to answer the purposeful obtuse follow up questions because clearly you are one of those people that doesn’t handle context well.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

dude stop moving the goal post. Just cause a white qb wants to get out of his contract u use all these lame excuses, making up hypothetical situations. White, black qb treat them all the same. No to quitting on the team after a contract extension and honor them. 5 months, 5 years who the fk cares, if u are all for holding people to a contract, don't b making excuses on why rodgers situation is "different".

If u gonna btch about watson not honoring his contract, hold every qb to the same standard regardless.

8. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

So Rodgers is pissed the Packers did to him what they did to Farve with him?

raining threes and KingCheetah like this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Man, shut that **** up with the white, black bullshit.
    Compare Watson to his contemporaries. If Josh Allen signs his 40 mil extension this off-season and 5 months later the Bills are trash and he wants out, then yes it’s bullshit and he needs to get over it.
    Rodgers situation is nothing like Watsons.

Nook and raining threes like this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I don't have to compare sht, all i see is a poster moving the goal post on a white QB unhappy with his team, after signing a contract extension, making rando points on y he earned the rights to not honor his contract after btching about watson refusing to honor his.

Any qb that refuses to honor his contract should all b treat the same, or don't btch about it at all.
    I for one don't really care, any players can not honor their contract if the front office is jack sht. But hey at least im consistent on my thoughts.

11. JayZ750

wtf are you talking about? You don’t have any idea what my position is cause you are randomly jumping in without reading my various other responses throughout this thread.

moreover your attempt to introduce race into the situation is pathetic and stupid. Russell Wilson has also b****ed about his situation and hinted at wanting out. And I’m also not comparing DWs situation to a Russell Wilsons. Cause it’s also different.

get off your high horse and stop being obtuse. If you can’t figure out why Rodgers situation is “different” like “Wilson’s” and want to boil it down to race than you’re stupid.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with everything you said. But white or black doesn’t matter.

And just because they’re both good QBs doesn’t mean they’re the same situations.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Simple no qb should be allowed to leave their contract, they need to honor it is basically your stance.
    Then u move the goal post saying Rodgers situation is different blah blah blah. Making rando goal post reasons y he deserves it and Watson doesnt. don't b a hypocrite.

14. JayZ750

thats not my stance dumbo.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

So I'm white, and I'm not sure my opinion counts or matters...but it certainly FEELS different to me that one guy hasn't played one down of football on the contract years he extended to..and the other played years under a contract extension...and they both ask out.

I had no problem with Harden asking out, except that I was just disappointed as a Rockets fan. I still root for the guy.

Let's also say the situation between Rodgers and Watson is entirely different given the legal troubles and allegations swirling around Watson right now. By the way, before all of this mess I would have said Watson is among my favorite NFL players of all time, and Rodgers, despite his skin color, doesn't begin to come anywhere close to cracking that list.

Nook likes this.
  16. raining threes

Exactly

17. raining threes

That tells me you like style over substance when it comes to playing the QB position.

Give me Rodgers a 2 time MVP/SB winner over a guy who only hopes he can accomplish what Rodgers has already accomplished.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

No, it tells you I'm a Houston fan. Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are sensational, but **** those guys...they never played for Houston.

19. raining threes

I'm a Houston fan too.

But I enjoy watching how Brady plays much more than Watson as an example.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

A-rod has carried the packers for years and even won a super bowl and have been perennial super contenders.

Watson has played 3/4 full years??
    Won one playoff game
    And wants input and say in front office decisions

Sorry deshaun but you haven’t really put in that much work to have pull like that.

And for the people who would say he didn’t want them to do exactly what he wants but still wants some say he don’t even deserve that yet. Have to at least put in 5-7 years before you even think about having some say.

These two situations are way different even the whole Russell Wilson situation way different.

cmoak1982 likes this.