1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NY Radio Host Tells Audience ‘F*** The Police,’ Then Allegedly Rams NYPD Officer, Killing Him

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Apr 28, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There actually have been complaints made against Chauvin that he did treat suspects differently based on race. At his job as security at a nightclub that was primarily Hispanic patronage Chauvin's boss had complained that he often treated black patrons more poorly than he treated others.

The prosecution didn't enter any of that into evidence likely because they felt it would muddle their case.

Deckard, jiggyfly, justtxyank and 4 others like this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Surprised this isn't happening more often.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because there is something to debate - here, I don't see anything. There doesn't seem to be any point

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

If you want to argue that she did this because of BLM you can certainly do that, but @Astrodome didn't make that connection at all, and it's not clear if her rant was connected to the death of the officer, and it's not clear that she is connected to BLM. It's also clear that BLM isn't pushing for violence against the police, and it's also clear that Trump has called for violence against his enemies.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Rot in prison stupid c***

7. TheresTheDagger

[​IMG]

King1 and Nook like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is a debate AND discussion forum. clearly this thread is sparking DISCUSSION. I don't understand the net nannies who take it upon themselves to police things they don't like. if this thread isn't to your taste, scroll on.

That said, it appears to me that in fact, you have a black individual who in essence publicly proclaimed "death to cops" only hours before killing a cop. She may not remember killing the cop, but it appears that she did in fact kill the cop.

Now, unless all the threads about cops killing blacks are threads about which you would like to argue "There doesn't seem to be any point," I don't see how you can with any consistency argue that there is nothing to discuss here about someone killing a cop. What's good for the "cops are killers" goose is good for the "cops being killed" gander.

King1 and Astrodome like this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't see much discussion going on here. Everyone seems to be in agreement that this person should be tried for manslaughter or murder depending on the results of the investigation. I get slammed for many threads I start but at least there is something to debate with them. This just feels like loose innuendo.

Also not sure why you have a problem with criticism of a thread. Sounds like you are being a net nanny and not seeing your hyprocrisy.

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

fair enough

pgabriel likes this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

People who hate the police are all crazies. No?

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t know why they stopped me, speeding I guess. I did hear a thump, so I knew I hit something but I didn’t see what it was.”

King1 likes this.
  14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Maybe she thought he was a protester...

jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Does not look like the type of guy most people would want to mess with.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

There is a bit of double standard at play in this thread, not that the (very limited) defense of this woman is wrong. We're wrong most of the other time, when a person is killed by a police officer and liberals say nothing when they see others jump to unsupported conclusions. In political discussions, it's socially hard to get cross-wise with an ideological ally, and it seems like picking a fight and creating dissension for no reason. I'll do it sometimes because I think allies make my arguments look hypocritical. But probably 90% of the time, I won't either.

King1, pgabriel and Nook like this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Are many cops these days? Not very approachable at all.

I got pulled over a few months ago, and the cop's face was like a rock with a tiny slit for a mouth where he mumbled his name and why he pulled me over. Festooned in tactical gear and armor, no emotion, no empathy, he was like a brainwashed soldier robot.

Nook likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If by double standard do you mean that more people aren't jumping to the conclusion that she actually intended to kill the LEO because of her preexisting bias?

I won't rule that out but other than her post I'm not sure there is much evidence to say that she intended to. To compare this with another situation Dylan Roof had expressed racist sentiments online and then went to a black church and killed 9 black people. That does appear to be a hate crime and deliberate murder because it was just coincidence he showed up at that church with a gun and then suddenly just opened fire. In this case Beauvois was driving drunk and killed an LEO. Yes she expressed anti-police sentiments online but drunk driving already makes it likely to get into an accident and LEO Tsakos was working traffic so there is a better chance that this wasn't intentional.

I don't know what NY law is but if this happened in MN there could be an argument for 3rd degree murder as she was acting with depraved mind but that still doesn't mean she was intentionally out to kill LEO.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and jiggyfly like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't understand.

What do you see as the double standard?