1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

No longer! Does this have room to go a bit higher??

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

is this worth shorting long term? Middleby or MIDD

long video, very weird and quite interesting.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Can you sum the vid in 1 sentence?

peleincubus likes this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

hmm.

McDonalds has an agreement with Taylor for ice cream machines that are seemingly designed to break down and incur maintenance costs. Presumably franchise owners are not going to be ok with this (from what I saw in the vid) and if this goes even more viral it is extremely bad PR for a company that has a monopoly on fast food ice cream. And lastly, 25% of their revenue is from repairing these machines.

Ziggy likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

MVIS chart is following the classic pump and dump chart. Looks like it’s going to dump tomorrow

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

8. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

that is referenced in the video a few times also the same company makes (a different model) for wendys and theirs rarely go down. just sayin haha

11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Aapl $90bn buyback lol

12. adoo

adoo Member

i heeded your warning about FB's ad revenue.

sold 2/3 of my FB 290/325 CALL spread for a nice profit this AM; and, for the remainder 1/3, decided to ride out the ERS​
    during the ERS,
    FB reported beats on all estimates and raised guidance. its ad Rev for Q1 was outstanding, the revenue per ad delivered was the highest ever.
    the stock price rocketed ~ > 20 pts after hours​
    fwiw, after the blow-out ERS, FB was trading above 328 during after hours, completing the handle to the coffee cup,
    ready for take-off​

#16232 adoo, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    Ziggy likes this.
  13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

14. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

It wasn't surprising that FB blew out earnings although ngl it was impressive how much they beat expectations. Advertisers have been front-loading their ad spend in Q1 in anticipation for the IOS14.5 change and ad pricing has been expensive the past 1-2 months relative to historical norms. Also I wouldn't be surprised if FB cooked their books in addition to that to make their Q1 look super strong because they're expecting the IOS14.5 hit in Q2.

adoo and Ziggy like this.
  15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

If ad spend shifts because of this, who are the future beneficiaries? @Ziggy where will you be spending your $?

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

not sure if this is good analysis, but it's the most entertaining for mvis for sure lol.

17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

wow, video was very well made. not shorting, if anything this is a good reason to go long for that sweet ARR.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yeah i have never heard of that guy or watched one of his vids. cable tv/news is in trouble. that is generally more interesting and well done than anything at least to me on tv "news" wise.

saitou likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was not at all surprised by Facebook doing well QTR 1. Surprised by just HOW WELL, sure. It was the mid-term (not short or long) I was worried about. The question being - what happens after all of this iOS stuff? It cant be good. Sure they can eventually adapt, they have the resources, but... it's going to hurt in the meantime.

I'm looking at going to Trade Desk (from Google Double Click) but they too are running into issues with privacy changes.

I don't normally follow the advertising forums, but I took a glance at Reddit, it looks like a lot of FB advertisers are taking big hits this week (and also last week as beta tests might have been ongoing behind the scenes).

saitou likes this.
  20. adoo

adoo Member

o_O

just because they describe

"Advertisers have been front-loading their ad spend in Q1 in anticipation for the IOS14.5 change" as
    "revenue per ad released" has been the highest in FB's history​