1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Falcon and Winter Soldier

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 29, 2019.

1. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Wasn't a huge fan of the finally, but overall liked the series. I think Bucky was holding back the entire show in the fight scenes, because he's still dealing with hurting people and doesn't want to do that anymore. I honestly would have liked seeing that explored more, instead of just the long winded do better speech.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I thought the John Walker story started off solid and became strong but wimpered. JLD with the US Agent name felt way too forced. Walker finds redemption but I was hoping for a more angry brooding Walker. Sure he'll do the right now but underneath he really wants to get vengeance. In the end he felt way too happy go lucky.

Scenes with Isaiah Bradley were great. I could feel that guy's pain. I wanted more of him. It would have felt good to see a man so tortured and suppressed able to let it all out on some flagsmashers. Ending with the tribute was awesome.

Sharon Carter as the PB? eh...I know it's not the end so we'll see where that goes. Just odd how they pardon Bucky even after all the murders but aid fugitives who eventually got pardoned but you don't get pardoned with them. very weird. I don't think Nagle was the real professor.

Zemo, goofy and comedy relief but strong stance and disciplined to his cause to the very end.

I'm happy Falcon is the new Cap, He doesn't come off as smooth as Steve Rogers but there were some solid scenes where Mackie was pretty smooth. The finale scene was missing something. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe I felt he needed a bigger platform to make his point instead of standing on the side of the street. I felt if it was Steve Rogers he would have been in front of the white house making this announcement.

Bucky is my favorite in all of this. Definitely only saw flashes of the winter soldier brutality (when he had to act as WS) but the softer Bucky isn't such a bad thing. I hope he gets a better outfit though. Maybe it's because Stan isn't as big as he was as the OG WS and his thin arm looks odd compared to this vibranium arm, but he just looks chunky and disproportional.

Overall I'd give it a solid 7. I cam imagine someone who isn't as invested in the Marvel universe giving it a 5 or 6. I'm looking forward to seeing what they've got coming.

Jontro, Invisible Fan, Kim and 2 others like this.
  3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Speculative but seems to make some sense. The series would have been completely different and likely much better if this is true.

Cokebabies, tinman and DreamShook like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Got to wait for the Snyder cut now

DreamShook, Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

The Global Virus plot has been used to many times in other films, so glad that was thrashed, but once you commit to a plot it's very hard to cut it up and paste it back together. Same thing happens when someone gets your speech. Best to let it be your voice.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don't buy it. The MCU timeline shifted dramatically from our 'real' timeline when Thanos snapped half the life on the universe out of existence. Avengers endgame showed us the planet was in a pretty dire place socially. Food would have been plentiful (crops) and the virus may not have started from eating wild exotic animals.

7. ths balla

ths balla Member

I had some people try to tell me, a latino, that Latinx was a thing lmao I was like for who? Not us lol

Anyways, the downgraded powers for Bucky was really annoying

tinman likes this.
  8. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I just finished the series last night and imo it was not as clever or creative as Wandavision but still worth watching. I think what annoyed me the most was how the "super soldiers" were totally wasted opportunities and just made into generic villains who punch and kick hard but are otherwise faceless brutes. Also the emo Bucky angle was not very satisfying as I wanted him to go full Winter Soldier mode as much as possible.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

winter soldier is no more... and is replaced with a more sunshiny spring soldier.

Ziggy likes this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sharon Carter gets dusted for 5 years, returns without missing a beat as kingpin of the underworld?

That's Tiger Mom Sheryl Sandberg status x8000.

Jontro likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I enjoyed this even if it felt small stakes…would give an 8/10

I like that Bucky and Sam finally became genuine friends, and loved Sam as the new Captain America

the scenes with Isaiah Bradley were powerful…they threw in a Tuskegee parallel, and this guy was just done so wrong…saves POW’s and is punished, thrown in jail for 30 years, and experimented on…Steve Rogers does the same thing years later and is loved, lauded, and celebrated

I think they should’ve spent more time with Bucky and the Asian man when he finally confessed…it was like 30 seconds, and then on to the next thing…nah, put this thing in a park and let’s marinate on this, it’s a big deal

Karli was getting on my damn nerves with her stubbornness…she couldn’t see how far gone she was…was funny at the end when she was like “it doesn’t matter if we die for this…1 world” to what was left of her crew and they gave her this look like

[​IMG]

loved Zeemo, and I loved the fight scene with the Dora Milaje…they fcked Walmart brand Captain America up…speaking of which, I thought he was gonna descend into being a full on villain with all the trauma and hits to his ego he was getting