1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oh, we gettin #1 now!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VoR, Apr 27, 2021.

1. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Wood already proved himself that he's a potential star. You want to risk him getting hurt again for a season we're supposed to lose? You give the young guns PT.

tinman likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Make it so, number one

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

But passed on Michael Jordan that year too.

4. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Why would the league hate a team? What is in it for them to hate? I think it is simply a matter of good ownership, good management, coach and a large part called luck for players acquired to turn into superstars. Even if you are right then the league does not even have to go out of their way to hate because the Rockets have simply just sucked in the last few years with their decision-making.

5. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Plot twist.
    Adam Silver will make Scott Foster ref the rest of our games so that Scott can help us win.

darksoul35 and sydmill like this.
  6. HardenVolumeOne

the rockets caused the NBA too lose china sponsorships. NBA games were blacked out in china, adam silver probably didnt like that

UTSA2step likes this.
  7. RocketsFan92

RocketsFan92 Member

1. Cade

2. dont care

Caesar likes this.
  8. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

China makes good revenue through NBA also. As much as the league wants China as trading partners, China also benefits immensely through US sports. China was simply showing muscle with the temporary ban. League may not like what the Rockets did but it does not give them any power to partially alter Rockets decision-making.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No. He can still improve. Of course you don’t want to injure him so sit him on a couple back to backs if you want to but he is one of the young guns whose development to the next level is important.

I remember one quote from Rockets legend of a coach Kevin McHale when asked who could improve the most and he said oddly enough Harden.

Wood needs that push to from good to great. And he needs a better coach then Kevin Milk Hair to get there as well. I’m still flabbergasted at how well those teams did with such a trash coach. Speaks to the greatness of Harden and makes me upset at how much better we should have been in the playoffs. Especially the year of the Lillard walk off dagger.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Morey caused that, and he’s no longer here

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Now is the new Tenet.

12. blackistan

blackistan Member

Oh no we not

J.R. likes this.
  13. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'll admit I didn't watch much of the prospects because I've been super pessimistic all year and even until now about losing our pick to OKC. It just seems in line with how comically bad Houston sports is getting hit.
    That said, I saw the Cade comparison to Grant Hill and I watched his highlights. While not as explosive first step and lacks the long stride of Hill and although listed same height and weight,( Cade looks much smaller on the court to me), but the intelligence and the way the game looks slow to him has me very excited. None of the other prospects excite me and I still feel all including Cade have bust potential.

14. sydmill

sydmill Member

I don't know him personally obviously. But it sounds like he has a seat at the table where personnel decisions are made based solely on a resume less qualifying than some posters on this board and dear old dad. Doesn't really scream "pulled himself up by his own bootstraps" to me...

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That makes the OP's post pretty high-quality for the GARM these days!

ickaruto likes this.
  16. hakeemthagreat

That wasnt the Rockets, it was Daryl Morey. Luckily he's gone now

17. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

No we weren’t horrible that year. We only had the 7th worst record that year but we got lucky and jumped up to the 1st pick. This year is horrible because we will be the absolute worst team record in the league.

18. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Again that’s not true. Reading is fun people. I said last time we were horrible AND got the first pick. The Rockets were ass the year we got dream. They were much better the year they got Yao but Stevie franchise was the good luck charm at the draft and we moved up from the 7th worst record to the #1 pick.

19. VoR

VoR Member

We still have a three game lead. We good. KPJ will get an email.

Bo6 likes this.
  20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

That was not the mistake. The mistake was not trading Ralph for Drexler and the 2nd pick and the drafting Jordan.