1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

One More $500 Stimulus With One Condition, You Must Be Vaccinated

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Apr 25, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I agree. Follow the chain of comments. I'm ****ing with him.

Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gotcha

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Hunger Games is the fairest and free-est solution to all our problems.

Ubiquitin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I like it, I wouldn't call it a stim check. Vaccine tax rebate.

5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would it? EMTLA requires all patients to be evaluated regardless of status. It does not require admission and we collectively say no to admissions or better codify it for patients without evidence of vaccination or exclusion. It’s been a long year and the exit is here.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My understanding of EMTLA is that it requires emergency treatment. If a COVID-19 patient came in a hospital could decide not to treat them if the symptoms were mild and not vaccinated but if it was an emergency such as their blood O2 level was extremely low they would still have to treat them.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Just to be clear do you consider not getting a stimulus because it required a vaccination as punishment?

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think all healthcare workers should be required to be vaccinated. I read that story, and what surprised me most was that only 50.6% of the workers in that nursing home had been vaccinated, even though they were all given the option to get the vaccine.

Why should a hospice patient, critically ill patient, or someone at high risk be put at any risk by the worker or facility they are being charged to care for them?

That is the point where the government should step in. Laws should be made to require any licensed medical or healthcare facility to have to show proof of fully vaccinated staff, to receive any government funding or tax breaks, and be held criminally liable if anyone unvaccinated is allowed to work there. You don't know what those unvaccinated workers do outside work. Maybe they hit bars, or hang out in crowds of Maskless friends who also refuse vaccinations.

#28 deb4rockets, Apr 26, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    malakas likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

For that reason alone, vaccinations should be required for healthcare workers, teachers, caregivers, childcare facilities, etc. Those who cannot get vaccinated for whatever medical reason should not be put at risk by those being paid or funded by the government or the people themselves to care for them.

malakas likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

Yes. If everyone else can get money but you for no fault of your own are excluded that is punishment. It is already punishment on its own that you can't access a safe vaccine especially in your immunocompromised condition.

Imagine a cancer patient who is already in bad psychological condition, worrying for his life and having hospital bills piling up for treatments and the government says nope. You who are in the most danger, the most vulnerable can't get the money. But a heathy single employed 25 year old can.

11. malakas

malakas Member

yes agreed. We are going to make it a law in september that all healthcare workers ,lab workers and retirement home workers are required to be fully vaccinated by law. Italy already made this law this spring.
    This all started because some retirement homes fired their nurses and physios for being vaccine deniers to protect their patients and they were able to sue them for unlawful discrimination. Hopefully the law isn't found to be unconstitutional by the courts later though.

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the goal is herd immunity. it benefits everyone. its and incentive for the covid deniers. it doesn't have to be that black and white. if there are legitimate exceptions for those who medically are at risk from the vaccines that can be worked out

deb4rockets and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

If you look at it from another perspective then they are better off in the long run if that's what it takes to get more people vaccinated. I'd rather see any incentive that gets them vaccinated for my own safety than complain that I don't get the $500.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Better dead than red.