1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Falcon and Winter Soldier

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Same thing in the comics. Who controls the superheroes' powers in any given medium? Whoever is writing the story at the time.

Invisible Fan and BigM like this.
  2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The enemy is usually going to be either roughly equal with the hero (like every Spider-Man movie, Black Panther, Captain America 1, etc.) or far more powerful (thus requiring either some creative solution, like in Dr. Strange or the big team up, like in Endgame). That is just basic action movie stuff. The alternative is your one person against an army of mooks story, like Under Siege or John Wick.

BigM likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These are fictional characters who defeated some dude with infinity rings not awhile back
    Who’s white in the show? Those fake leaders were all races
    Also
    Michael Jackson was real
    What’s this have to do with his terrible speech?
    it was written by somebody not actually by Anthony Mackie

did you realize this is not real

#283 tinman, Apr 24, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

Wait til the end and you can determine if Anthony Mackeys speech to the fake GNC group was as good as a real speech in real history

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I thought it was just fine. I enjoyed it. I wasn’t expecting something that was a shoe in for a Golden Globe or anything. A couple thoughts.

-Yes the speech at the end was heavy handed. I think the writers kind of wanted it to be a little like the Steve Rogers corny pep talks that worked because it’s cap. Mackie/Sam maybe just doesnt have the personality fit to have those Boy Scout Steve Rogers moments. Moving forward in the MCU they’ll have to tinker with different approaches with Sam leading the group. He’s a great character but he works better in one on one scenes.

-Right wingers are going to hate it of course because they think Disney is intentionally SJWing. Addressing the fact that a black man would be aware of Americans un-acceptance of a black Captain America isn’t a SJW hot topic. Sam isn’t pushing the Green New Deal here guys.

When Endgame ended with Sam getting the shield the writers of this show had no way to avoid Sams acceptance of the role and of course what was going on in his mind. If you are a wing nut and got your panties into a wad at THIS... you seriously are a massive whiny brat. Grow up.

-Karli’s character really took a hit with the rewrites where they took out the virus plotline for obvious reasons. It would have given more insight into how shes been affected and what she’s lost to get to that point.

-John Wilson getting redemption in the end won’t sit well with a lot of people and just shows that Disney actually isn’t catering to the Libs like the whiny brats on the right who put planks of wood into plastic bags at Home Depot want you to think. Basically a cop brutally murdered a guy in broad daylight on camera and then got only a slap on the wrist and then two days later is back on the job with another unit.

Bad timing people... Disney is not woke like you wish they were.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Doesn’t explain why they copied forest gump’s fixing the boat plot
    @Jontro
    And explain how Annie can fight off winter soldier who had a whole movie where he goes toe to toe with Ironman and black panther
    Oh Lamar got the Ray Fischer @Xerobull treatment

I understand that suckers fall for the politics of this show , but people who read the comics and people who don’t watch marvel to replace Benadryl as a sleep aid found it a bit on the crap side .

Oh Sam being captain America was obvious because that’s what happened at the end of end game.
    We know who US Agent is. Marvel vs. Capcom is an old game

a buddy show about KPJ and Sterling Brown fighting off strippers would have been more exciting
    @Reeko
    @J.R.

J.R. likes this.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

I know I'm prob behind the Fanboys on this, but how did the Avengers not know about time travel and how it works. First of all you got Thor's mom who knows, then you have the time keepers in the Loki show, and you have Dr. Strange and his boss who basically had the time stone and used time to defeat the big monster. So that doesn't even make sense to me. Plus Flash and Superman already done it in the 60's.

Also thought it interesting that they can easily add something and make it cool that Star Wars got blasted for, which was putting the robot into the millenium Falcon. People were pissed about that. And yet Marvel has put at least two humans into machines and make it fun, like the evil Hydra guy into the 1960 computers, and Jarvis. Both handled well. But Star Wars shows you just how badly it could have been handled.

tinman likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I wasn't even aware that there were rewrites over a virus storyline. Interesting, I'll have to look into that.

As for John Walker, I didn't see that as a redemption story. I think he's getting into a "Dark Avengers" thing where JLD is the evil Nick Fury. I think he's going to show up again in either future seasons or other Disney/Marvel shows.

dobro1229 likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Woke Marvel isn't exactly NEW. X-Men came out in 1963. Same year as the most beautiful version of the Corvette.

DreamShook likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Annoyed yall got me using the word "woke" - lulz. "Woke" and "cancel culture" are words for jarbonis that live in the suburbs or watch Fox News. What's next, Latinx? LUlztz

DreamShook and ths balla like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I wonder if the writers thought lower of the audience for making everyone believe Falcon was the new captain america just because he got the shield and a new uni. Doesn't that open the door to copycats with their own busted workshop shields (vigilante Batmans)?

I guess because the Avengers told everyone Steve "died", people are like, "another new one? Who cares? Protect me nao!!!"

Thinking more about the speech, i guess it could work better if it symbolizee Disney talking down to its other 1% establishment buddies, karli being the 50% edging towards Marxist revolution. But then we sat through Black Falcon wanting to be accepted as Falcon and then deciding he wanted to be BCA,so the messaging was intentionally murky.

Btw, i dont think all of the super dweebs died. They should know who carter is, but this is tv so no one will care about that loose end.

tinman likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

None of the plot lines for show is new.
    Badly written show is badly written. You know people want to forget last x-men with sansa as Phoenix and the X-men where juggernaut ran through a wall.

I understand that someone here got really triggered and mad that 99% of us figured out Falcon becomes Captain America and that his speech to GNC about the fake refugees as well as their terrible vitamin stores at the mall was bad . It didn’t come off as a MLK level speech but a Scooby Doo level speech . Hey look Karli was good then you didn’t help her so she’s bad .

it’s ok for them that they think Ja Rule is DMX
    @Jontro

13. tinman

Supporting Member

IGN didn’t like the finale
    And IGN is notorious for liking everything
    If IGN gives something a 10 it’s really like 7 or 8,
    But a 5? That’s G league bench warmer

Wolverine origins was better than this
    @Xerobull
    Ben Affleck as DareDevil bad

robbie380 likes this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'd give the finale a solid 6. and that's cus i enjoyed watching flying blek captain falcon with vibranium wings. story was like a 3.

I'd also give wanda a 6 cus of their teasers with absolutely no payout.

DreamShook, Entropy and tinman like this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

Zemo should hook up with agent Carter

DreamShook and Entropy like this.
  16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would say IGN is known for their generally bad takes on anything.

fanboy stuff is an automatic 10, anything requiring minimal critical thought is 5. This is probably somewhere in the middle.

I enjoyed the show as someone that knows very little about Marvel. The speech at the end was incredibly heavy handed. As a viewer, I don’t need 5 minutes explaining exactly what I just saw. But that’s also very typical of the marvel stuff I’ve seen. Lots of dialogue that never needs to be said, lots of heavy handed lines, lots of cringy speaking. It’s also not for an audience looking for a great deal of sophistication IMO, it’s comic books so it’s not a big deal. A lot of this is for kids right? Maybe that’s why it does some of that. At least the subject matter in this one was worth discussing

I found the story and characters interesting enough to keep watching. Getting bogged down in the lore doesn’t matter to me personally, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a physical comic book in my life lol. So I just enjoyed it for what it was. Knowing nothing about the characters previous to this, I liked Falcon, Bucky, Zimo?, new Captain, and some other characters and enjoyed their journeys.

Entropy likes this.
  17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Fair review imo. Part of too is disappointment for me. After John Walker murdered that guy it felt like they were really seeing up for a spectacular finish and it just landed flat and not focused properly in the last 2 episodes. They wasted a lot of time on unimportant parts. It felt like a lot of stuff got edited out too.

I didn't hate the show though, but I just felt like it had so much more potential and that's what frustrated me.

tinman likes this.
  18. Beezy

Beezy Member

IGN gave God Hand, one of the greatest PS2 games ever, a 3 out of 10. They also fired an editor a couple years ago for plagiarizing reviews.

I liked but didn’t love this show. It was very uneven. Zero was the highlight for me. Hoping for Thunderbolts with him and US Agent (MCU needs its own Suicide Squad).

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

yes pls, they'd make a ridiculously op couple. prolly world domination. especially with no tony and cap

xcrunner51, Xerobull and tinman like this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

No dude
    The bubba gimp boat was the MVP

#300 tinman, Apr 26, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    robbie380 likes this.