1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Ringer] "The Reason Jae'Sean Tate Has Defied The Naysayers"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch City1993, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Was him or old PJ.........

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Thanks for posting this. Jae'Sean is a remarkable person.

BamBam, Ramo$e and Deckard like this.
  4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Didn't know this about him. I like him even more.

BamBam likes this.
  5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Man who the hell is cutting onions in here? That article almost made me cry.

BamBam, jelanit, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  6. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I saw the man body up on Zion and straight scored in his face. He’s always looking for contact... he’s not getting any calls this year cause it’s just not competitive year for NBA. Maybe he’ll get some respek when the fans show up.

gfab-babyboi, Ramo$e, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Before the season I felt Tate was crafty enough and kept defenders off balance enough to get shots off near the rim at a decent clip
    as he uses either hand to get the basket. Knack for the hesitation dribble/release at 6'4" allows him to make 8t in the NBA similar to
    the slow footed Luis Scola.

Unfortunately he is 6'4" playing SF/PF. Good to keep moving forward as a backup or starter in a pinch.......but I'm looking to upgrade
    to a taller player with higher vertical leap at SF. At PF I foresee C Wood playing majority of minutes at PF. A keeper non the less
    until the Rockets are given an offer they can't refuse. @don grahamleone style.

Ramo$e, jboslett and don grahamleone like this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Man, what a great article. He’s a really promising player but what a person. What an invincible mentality. The guy is always out-working everyone on the floor and has a high BBIQ, which is why I liked him right off. But this guy’s mental toughness is special. I’m on team Tate!

#8 Aruba77, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    BamBam, jboslett, Deckard and 5 others like this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

BamBam, Mathloom, abaker28 and 2 others like this.
  10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I wonder what they said about Draymond Green. You hear it time and time again in post game shows... we need effort, we didn’t play hard enough. You put 5 Jae Sean Tate’s on the floor and you will win a championship by sheer force. They cover every inch of that court.

RudyTBag and wolstein like this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We have Jae’Sean under contract through the 22-23 season (team option), a steal. I hope we lock him up for a lot longer at some point next season. Just a terrific player and person who will only get better. Good read, OP!

Plowman, bballjunkie and BamBam like this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Draymond is 6'6" and with a wingspan of 7'1"

Jae'Sean Tate is 6'4" and a wingspan of 6'8"

Yes heart is very much needed, but how many teams have won with 6'4" SF's slash Power Forwards? Tucker had heart, but how many
    championships did he help us win? Chuck Hayes had heart, but how many championships did he help us win?

Answer: Zero

Draymond has been great, but a few players taller than 6'6" contributed: Bogut, JaVale MeGee, Harrison Barnes, Klay Thompson,
    Kevin Durant, Looney, Jordan Bell, honorable mention 6'6" Iggy. Even now just Draymond and Steph Curry don't get it done.
    The addition of Wiseman, Kelly Ouber and even Andrew Wiggins has helped.

Heart only takes you so far. Tucker took us to the first game vs the Lakers where he held Anthony Davis to no FG's when
    guarded by Tucker. Then AD learned not to bring the ball up in front of himself where Tucker can reach for it. AD learned
    to shield the ball by using his body. Once the ball was above his shoulders, then AD would face Tucker. It's was "game over"
    at that point. It looked like the bigger bully putting his hand on Tuckers forehead while Tucker was swinging away, not
    even coming close to hitting AD in the stomach. By a country mile.

You may be Patrick Fertitta burner account, thinking a bunch of 6'4" players can win a championship. Wins in the regular
    season don't count as playoff wins. Did Miami win with just 6'4" players? No LeBron, Bosh, Haslem were all major
    contributors that were all above 6'4".

Dallas Mavs? No Tyson Chandler and Shawn Marion were major factors that were above 6'4.". Played a gimmick zone defense.

Spurs? No Duncan, Kawhi, Danny Green were all above 6'4"

Cavs? LeBron, Love, Tristan were all above 6'4"

Warriors? Durant, Klay, Looney, Bell, Barnes, Iggy were all above 6'4"

Raptors? Kawhi, Siakim, Danny Green, Anunoby, either Gasol or Valanciunas.......all above 6'4"

Lakers? LeBron, Danny Green, AD, Markieff Morris, Kuzma......all above 6'4"

#12 ApacheWarrior, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    saleem likes this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

JST is awesome. I absolutely love guys who can overcome adversity especially with a ruined childhood. I think if he works on his offensive game some more he will make a fine SF/Wing in the NBA for many years to come. Glad he's a Rocket.

14. s3ts

s3ts Member

There's something called passion. You can't fake such a thing.

BamBam and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Moronical obsession with height and wingspan and age. It ain't NBA 2K. I know half you guys want to field a team of 18 year old Zhou Cheese... :D

Tate can defend multiple positions at a high level, a championship level. That is all that matters, height be damned. If we truly want to critique his fit on a contender, the conversation begins and ends with the progress he makes or doesn't make in regards to shooting the basketball.

It's a copy cat league, and right now everyone is trying to go big like the Lakers. You won't beat the Lakers trying to play like the Lakers. Facts. "If we try to play like the Yankees in here, we will lose to the Yankees out there."

gfab-babyboi and mightybosstone like this.
  16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Thanks for posting this @Clutch City1993!

The Rockets “Rocky”?? Who honestly doesn’t want the underdog to succeed??

If he ends up getting a ring, that article could be used as a movie script!! Remember the “show me the money” quote from Jerry Maguire, well we could all be saying “IT’S JUST WORK” if they decide to make a movie in the future!

I know I’m a big time homer when it comes to my Rockets and our players, but Tate is a keeper!!! There, I said it....o_O

#KeepTankAlive

bballjunkie likes this.
  17. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

put his picture on the clutfans banner

burlesk likes this.
  18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well deserved feature article on Jae'Sean. Glad to see the kid getting some shine.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

All I know is that Harden threw the ball at JST, so he must have gotten in his head.

20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Great find and awesome story! These are the kind of folks you want to see succeed and enjoy the fruits of their labor because of what they've had to overcome. Truly Tate has been a silver lining in this dark cloud 2021 season.