1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Body Cam Video released in March shooting of Chicago-area 13-year-old

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DVauthrin, Apr 15, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

But he did stop running the too stills you show are when he stopped but it misses what happened after that.
    in the 1st still he is in front of the fence with the gun but the gun ended up about 3 to 4 feet down the fence.

Look at this video, he stops at the opening at the 9 second mark and gets shot at the 12 second mark and the police has stopped and was giving orders as well. This is why I asked why did he not shoot him when he stopped you yourself said that's what a suspect usually does stop and shoot but its 2 seconds before he actually turns around and he is raising his hands and complying.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude get a drink or take pill and clam down.

So now you are the spelling police and the language police and I am the one being emotional?

LOL.

3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

The second still I show is when the gunshot went off. After that is him laying on the ground dying.
    Yes, he throws the gun while he is turning. That is how the gun gets further down the fence line.
    That is just not true. He is still moving at the 9 second mark. He reaches the right side of the opening and stops at some point during the tenth second and is shot during the 11th second. You can clearly see is takes less than a second for him to turn around and then be shot. It is even clearer on the body cam that is not from half a block away and has a timestamp on it, but the timing is exactly the same, because they are both video of the same event.
    I said nothing of the sort. In fact I said the opposite and you bolded it. In my prior post I said he was no more a threat when stopped than when running. Stopping is not the triggering event. Stopping is what you are supposed to do. When you are holding the gun, turning toward the officer is the triggering event.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I don't really know what the right thing to do in that situation but I am pretty sure it was not to take that shot with the victim still in the line of fire.

The thing that stood out was the guy saying did you shoot my baby girl when he was nowhere to be found trying to stop the entire thing, I know everything was moving fast but he should have been trying to deescalate things.

5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

It looked like a stabbing was about to occur, and taking that shot came with professional risk to his career - if he shot the wrong person he'd be in a world of doo doo right now. He deserves the benefit of doubt imo.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

A lot more people will click on “police kill 15 year old girl” vs “police save a 15 year old girl”, so you’ll always get clickbait like this.

jiggyfly and NotInMyHouse like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He has not holding the gun.
    Again why did he not shoot while he was turning around if he thought he had the gun, he was fulling facing him and his hands where up when he shot him.

And once again you ignore the video and what happens once he tosses the gun you act like it was one continues motion when it is not he paused before turning around after he tossed the gun

He stops at the 9 sec mark and even if what you say is true that proves my point that the stills are not in sequence and it was longer than the 1 second you are pushing, the cop has stopped 2 seconds before he shoots thats long enough to give commands and watch him turning around.

Anyway I am done with you I have seen this show before and I don't like how start with the semantics and argue around the edges.

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'm not surprised, but disappointed that there are protests and statements denouncing the cop.

This is a good reason why full body can video should always be released soon imo. If the public doesn't understand the intricacy of why cops do the things they do from the videos, then the cops should publicly communicate their procedures better, not hide the videos.

There are a lot of damning body cam videos out there.

Here though, it's clear as day that the video shows the grieving mother, dead girl's friend, and enraged protesters are factually wrong. The Ohio cop killed a girl to save another girl's life who was about to be stabbed.

As a side note, why are the cops' unis white? They look like mall cops.

9. StupidMoniker

Supporting Member

It takes time to react. I don't know why that is hard for you to understand.
    I am not ignoring the video, I think you are seeing something in the long shot and misinterpreting it. The body cam is much clearer and more instructive. Toledo has the gun in his right hand, you can see it in the first screen shot. From that point, in less than 1 second, his right arm goes to the area on the opposite side of his body from the officer (this is presumably when he is throwing the gun) and he turns to his left, raising his hands. The shot goes off at that point, less than 1 second after the gun was visible in his right hand. The screenshots show a time difference of 1 second and in the first you see the gun in his hand and in the second the shot had gone off. You can watch the video yourself on youtube at 1/4 speed. I don't have access to anything anyone else doesn't have.
    The time stamps are not modified. You can literally watch the video I took the screenshots from, it is on page 1 of this thread, the first post. You can see where in the video I took the screenshots, because the progress bar is visible at the bottom. There is no discontinuity in the time stamp, it advances 1 second at a time. In less than 1 second, Toledo goes from facing away, gun in right hand to turning around counter clockwise, to being shot. It doesn't matter when they stop. It doesn't matter when Toledo stops. It doesn't matter when the officer stops. (I am pretty confident of my analysis that the Toledo stops at second 10 and is shot at second 11 on the long shot video anyway though).
    I have noticed you don't like to deal in facts, yes.

Edit: had a lose quote tag floating.

#149 StupidMoniker, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    jo mama likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Well you would the be the expert on that.

I mean you still think Chauvin was not on Floyds neck.

11. StupidMoniker

Supporting Member

I never, ever said Chauvin was not on Floyd's neck. In fact, quoting myself directly (bold in the original):
    You are a liar. You have been proven wrong, don't want to admit it, and are flailing, trying to deflect attention.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok maybe I remember incorrectly but it might be because there was a whole lot of this.

That he was restrained after resisting arrest in a manner taught to the officers in their training manual. The coroner's report also indicates no injuries to the neck. Bruising to the shoulders and some abrasions on the face.

And this.

There is a training manual from Minneapolis PD that has a photo that could be taken right off the body cam.

So it was all of your other lies that made me think this, my bad.

#152 jiggyfly, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.