1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021: NBA Draft Hidden Jokic

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets13champs, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

I don’t keep up with non-ncaa prospects until closer to the draft and then all I do is watch highlights, but I’m talking even looking for high upside guards from overseas or freshman that were highly touted that slipped their first year but still came out (see Cole Anthony even though he was lotto or rj Hampton for an overseas guy)...just anyone that has a high ceiling with one of our first picks in the teens or 20s

saleem likes this.
  2. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

I change wanting a high ceiling guy... if there a guy named bones available you take him...his name is BONES, how cool is that?

D-rock likes this.
  3. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Depending on workouts and measurements, this kid might get picked in the 6-10 range. I'm still wrapping my head around what he's currently doing.
    • 18 years old. Will still be 18 when the draft rolls around. The appeal of college one and dones is buoyed by their age potential. Sengun should get the same consideration. I think his skilled post game paints him as this matured and developed prospect, so people treat him like he's Luka Garza or something.

• Averages 19 pts - 9 rebs (4 offensive!) - 2.3 ast - 1.4 stl - 1.6 blk. Dominant stats in a league of grown men. I'm not an overseas league expert, but more informed people say the level is better than the NCAA.

• 69% TS. Leads the league in fouls drawn. 80% FT shooter. People say he hasn't shown much in-game range, which is true, but why would his coach let him to shoot jumpers when he's Shaq efficient in the paint? I think more of his perimeter skills will be displayed in workouts and in the NBA.
    The team drafting him really has to examine the fit and paths to progression. Especially on defense. Looks like he'll have to play a lot of drop coverage, and will be average at best in PnR coverage.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bones is nick.

Real name is Nah'shon Hyland.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lottery pick

saleem likes this.
  6. Rockets21

Rockets21 Member

Does it have to be Jokic? What about the hidden Goran Dragic

Rokas Jokubaitis

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Another thing about 6'8 Ziare Williams.

His NBA comp is a longer De'Andre Hunter, or Nic Batum.

Giannis was compared to Nic Batum too coming out before he had his growth spurt from 6'9 to 6'11 after 1st pro season. Ziare may have another spurt in him too, only 19.

Interestingly enough, another guy with Nic Batum NBA comp is 6'11 Kai Jones (also compared with Jaxson Hayes or Nic Claxton - skinny athletes but without Kai's 3ball).

Kai is even more impressive athletically than Ziare, lives high above rim AND has preternatural lateral agility so can defend 1-5. Underrated passer and ball handler, like his intangibles too.