1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cade, Green, Kuminga, or Suggs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Mar 12, 2021.

?

Who should the Rockets draft?

1. Cade Cunningham - 6’7 PG, 220 lbs, 19 yrs old

414 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Jalen Green - 6’5 SG, 180 lbs, 19 yrs old

61 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. Jonathan Kuminga - 6’8 SF, 210 lbs, 18 yrs old

33 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Jalen Suggs - 6’4 PG, 205 lbs, 19 yrs old

50 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Other

44 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. thekad

thekad Member

If the Rockets lose the pick, they need to immediately trade Wood for the best return possible. Even just Wiggins and the Minnesota pick is fine with me though I’d like to take a flyer on Wiseman as well.

2. csc177

csc177 Member

This damn thing stresses me out knowing that we could really be screwed if the right ball (pun intended) doesn't tall our way. I've been messing around with it for the last 30 minutes, and I'm not liking the results one bit.

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just tried 10 times and only 3 times Rockets were not in top 4.

I was not sad with getting Giddey-Kai Jones-Shannon on those 3 times.

Other 7 times, Cade was picked twice, Suggs was pick twice, Green picked twice and Mobley once.

csc177 likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. JD88

JD88 Member

How many Knicks lotto picks are having an impact on their incredible season?

6. JD88

JD88 Member

Why? You want to give up on a dude not even in his prime on a team friendly contract because...?

Because we may not get a top 5 pick next year?

BFD.

Like the Wolves, we'll just keep taking shots at the top of the draft hoping something pans out, I guess. If it doesn't, oh well, we'll keep being ass for eternity.

7. thekad

thekad Member

Glad you went to the Chicago Bulls school of team building. Unfortunately, the goal in the NBA is to win a championship, not perpetually finish 10th in the West.

If the Rockets lose their pick, Wood has little to no value for the team as there’s no path to contention in the next three years under Wood’s small contract.

Good management would sell high. Rockets management...yeah they’re probably as short-sighted as your post is.

8. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

9. JD88

JD88 Member

The Knicks went to that school, too.

But, selective memory is selective.

The Suns were pretty good before CP3 got there, I guess... how many lotto picks did they have in the years before this season?

Or the Wolves? Or Kings? Or Cleveland? Or Detroit?

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't believe anyone here doesn't think Suggs game will translate to the NBA , Most seem to think he's a lock to be a very solid player , probably the highest floor among the top 5-6.

Thing is , most seem to believe his ceiling is lower than Cade , Green and Mobley. He doesn't have the size of Cade or Mobley and lacks the explosiveness of Green and isn't as god a 3 point shooter as either Cade or Green.

Picking this early (assuming they keep the pick) everyone wants a home run , not a solid double. Cade is compared to Penny Or Grant Hill .... Mobley Durant or Bosh and Green might have the most upside of them all. Suggs comparison is Kyle Lowry.

Honestly I think many are overlooking the the flaws of their favorite .... Cade isn't particularly quick or explosive. Mobley isn't a good 3 point shooter and isn't big enough to defend NBA 5's & Green is light in the ass at 6'6" 180 and is a streaky shooter. They all have a wart or two ....

I bounce back and forth between Cade , Green Suggs every other day .... Glad I'm not the one making that decision.

RedIsen likes this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Im going Banchero over Chet all day every day and twice on Sundays. Banchero has the same skill set as Chet, but with an NBA ready body. I think Chet is going to get BODIED in the NBA.

13. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Yeah for sure, Chet aka Adam Morrison.

Give me Banchero. Tilman will go for the Italiano branding.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  14. H.D.

H.D. Member

Cade does not look fast-twitch to me.- I'm not convinced he can carry the ball up each possession, meaning you need a real PG on the floor with him.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ seems to be a PG and PG only too.

KPJ
    Cade
    Tate
    KJM
    Wood

(need our young guys to evolve their shooting though...)

H.D. likes this.
  16. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Lol...ran it 10x. 5th pick 7 times, 1st, 2nd, 3rd each once.

saleem and csc177 like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mavs fan? Can’t draft him. ;)

"Right now I watch a whole bunch of Luka Doncic," Cunningham told reporters last July. "I grew up in Dallas, so Dirk [Nowitzki] was my guy and now Luka's the new Dallas Mavs guy. So Luka, and we have a pretty similar body type."

[...]

Obviously there are many differences between the two players, and Cunningham has a long way to go to get even close to Doncic's NBA accomplishments. But when you watch the video it's easy to see why the comparisons exist, and why Cunningham has been the consensus top player in his class for so long.

"I think I'm just a basketball player who is good with the ball in his hands," Cunningham said in March. "I don't know what position you want to call it, but I think I'm at my best when I'm making plays. I think that's how I'll translate to the NBA."

18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Would be ironic if the league is rigged and Warriors jump to #1 to get Cade, just for a Lakers vs Warriors Fiasco for few years. I bet Silver finds a way to pay for it to happen as well. If i see Warriors pick #1, im done with the NBA.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I ran it for the first time. The Rockets ended up 4th and picked Jalen Green. I'm happy with that. Unfortunately, no one has control over anything.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I was going to run it once but it had OKC with the 4th and 5th picks. **** that. Ran it 4 more times and the Rockets picked 3rd twice and 4th twice.