1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ma'Khia Bryant Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Apr 21, 2021.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whether you have any knowledge of it or not doesn't change the fact that there is a double standard.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Twitter should ban him, which would be alright because they're a private company ;)

Corrosion and Tomstro like this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only if he repeatedly violated the agreed upon terms of use. He hasn't done that to my knowledge. If he did, then yes, they could ban him.

However, as I mentioned, I side pretty much with ACLU on this issue and haven't supported Trump's ban from Twitter.

Corrosion and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I dunno. Double standards exist both ways all over the place. Im not into bean counting. All I know is a moron is a moron. Skin color has nothing to do with it. If someone calls Lebron a moron, its not simply because he is black. Thats a foolish thing to say. It’s because he says incredibly stupid ****. There are plenty of black people who say very intelligent things. Still plenty of dipshits in this world following dipshits. Skin color has no place in this convo.

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I only knew about LeBron's comment from here, though I've since seen stories, just haven't clicked on them.

Ted Nugent is going to be way more impactful to conservative old white people while LeBron is going to be more impactful to a younger crowd with way more being minority. There's no question LeBron is going to be way bigger on a basketball forum like this one. I'd definitely say other than my one son (who is 11) nobody I talk to would know anything about what LeBron puts out on Twitter, unless it is covered on conservative talk shows.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I think most celebrities should stick to their expertise unless they're educated on the matter. Everyone should in general, but celebrities have more influence and responsibility to.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He's a huge rock star from the 70s. His relevance today is purely due to stupid, often times racists things he says and his hatred of Obama/Hillary and love of DJT.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Clay Travis so dam thirsty.

LOL.

9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

you must be suffering from cat scratch fever.

couple of d's and Tomstro like this.
  10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's fair to say LeBron needs to be informed before he says something related to a serious topic. There are too many blind LeBron followers for him not to inform himself. Plus, the media has built his opinion up to be impactful and important even though he never really says anything that is ever profound or original. This has been the most impactful thing he's said but it makes him look like an emotional idiot.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wow ya'll been waiting to go after Lebron.

Everybody and they mama got a hot take on Lebron.

I hope it is satisfying to you because he still gonna be worth almost a billion dollars not really caring about you poors.

And still saying **** on twitter to piss you off.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's their decision.

13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Im pretty sure most people here don’t give a **** about what Lebron thinks of normal people.

Sajan likes this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Lebron out there runnin his mouth about police is the issue. The officer doing his job isn't. the girl got shot putting someone's life in danger isn't a law enforcement issue

In another thread I wrote about these politicians runnin their mouths like police look to kill minorities after the Floyd verdict then reality bites them in the ass with this incident. On Fergusen, the black president sent his black AG to investigate and didn't find **** because Michael Brown was an out of control idiot. All these incidents are their own cases, there is not big problem other than black men and crime. I know every shooting isn't a criminal suspect but most are. we need to address so many black men ending up in the criminal justice system. A much bigger problem and its not close

J.R. likes this.
  15. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Just goes to show that you can be a complete moron and still be worth billions in this country. Thanks Capitalism!

Sajan likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I kind of figured it was a bullying situation or a group of girls that don't like another group of girls.

I see that all the time in my school not knives being pulled but bullying and girls going 0 60 because of some perceived slight.

And it's usually grown folks egging it on.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

You act like this is the first time LeBron has been guilty of something like this.

He has this absolutely massive platform to make change. He's supports the CCP and tells Morey to keep it zipped, he won't support vaccinations, and now he publicly lambasts a cop who may have saved somebody's life. The last one was a simple mistake at a heated time, but being who he is he couldn't even bother to issue an honest mea culpa when the situation was made clear

Andre0087 likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's what happens when you get caught up in your twitter mentions and the accolades.

Not surprised or angry it's what people do but I am disappointed.

He feeling himself.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who do you think actually listens to him?

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I can't tell with all the vitriol he gets both here and in the other forums.