1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ out til Sunday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Apr 21, 2021.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There's this thing available to all US adults called a "vaccine" that pretty much obviates protocols.

Rockets may want to look into it. I'm hearing good things about the latest MS nanobots

Deckard likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sure but I still don't understand the protocol when a simple Covid test can be done with results within hours.

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

So they both got they ass whipped?

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

Where the hell was John Lucas?

Lucas, you have one job.

ashleyem, cheke64 and chadyang like this.
  5. fattz

fattz Member

They need Calvin Murphy with them if fighting is involved.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Idiot - I mean how ****ing stupid do you have to be to have a 2nd chance after basically being cut and do this ****.

Man, I want to like him, but he has a HISTORY of making poor decisions.....and you can't count on those people.

DD

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

FIFY

8. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

Wow. Poor decision making happening at a strip club at 6:53 AM on a game day. Who would have thought?

9. PatBev

PatBev Member

I honestly think Wood hates that KPJ is low key the future when he thought he was going to be the face of the franchise. Wood looks like a hater on the court when KPJ playing

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. Rockets4Life13

Am i the only one who thinks that NBA players all go to strip clubs etc. even if they're not allowed to and Sterling just happened to be pretty unlucky getting caught because he was assaulted?

12. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Protecting his teammate being assaulted is a great thing for him to do. This season is lost so the COVID protocol is what it is, everyone wants to lose anyway right? We can't expect these players to be angels, let this be a learning experience. Next time, leave with your whole crew.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

juanm34 likes this.
  14. TimDuncanDonaut

Regular club culture is whatever, but if the NBA (their league/employer) has a mandate to avoid the public gathering during a pandemic with a penalty to miss games.

Why risk it; for themselves, the team and the fans... it's being selfish. They hurt their own development by missing games and also shows where their focus and priorities are. Partying until 6-7 am, when the team is losing this badly.

If the players lose but is putting in effort that one thing, but basic stuff like not getting proper sleep before game day; that's just bad habits, no matter what job you have. To be blunt, they're not good enough for the fans to look the other way.

If I do a poll here, where for the next two years, if you don't go to a night club, but can collect a 2 million dollar paycheck. Just about everyone here turn to a monk for that kind of money.

We can joke about where is John Lucas, but if you're over 18; you're an adult man. Own your decisions. By that age, you shouldn't need a chaperon. Life is only going to get harder.

All the G-leaguers on this team, including KPJ, you're not untouchable.

#34 TimDuncanDonaut, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    Bo6 likes this.
  15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

The NBA helping our cause....

[​IMG]

16. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Yeah they all go to strip clubs, but why was he assaulted? Getting in the wrong van seems like only part of the story.

17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

On the bright side the Rockets are likely to draft another 19-20 yr old and this is the guy that will teach him about the NBA life. This team is so ****ed.

There is a legit reason Porter got traded here for peanuts.

Bo6 likes this.
  18. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I think we are being really harsh on Porter. The reports I read said he try to remove Brown from the situation which mean he could have saved Sterling Brown's life.

Unfortunately Kevin Porter Jr dad was murdered trying to help a friend who was involved in a bar fight. also. Its scary that history could have repeated itself. Glad everyone is okay.

rpr52121, Little Bit, Denovo and 4 others like this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm loving this team chemistry now!

not exactly the best choice of activity at 6am, but KPJ stepping up for Brown is something Maxwell would have done for his teammates
    @Reeko @Jontro
    @mikol13

KEEP HIM FOR SURE

18pbr likes this.
  20. CXbby

CXbby Member

Yeah! How could he...checks notes...go to a strip club? Deviant activity like that surely was the downfall of players like...checks notes...James Harden?

What are you people, puritanical prudes?