1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Athletic] What happened on the night Sterling Brown got jumped in Miami? Here’s what we know

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Apr 21, 2021.

1. fattz

fattz Member

IMO, not many street thugs hang out in vans. White collar people doing things they shouldn’t and don’t want anyone to know, would be in a van at 7 o’clock in the morning at strip club. (Most can’t afford to stay at the club that long) When unexpectedly confronted by a larger individual things escalated quickly and mob mentality took over. Fear, shame and maybe racial profiling fueled the behavior. I believe it was as simple as him going to the wrong van. A misunderstanding that could have been avoided.

2. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I read it went down at "Booby Trap on the River" which has a different address and façade than the first pic. I think those are two different locations in the Twitter pics. I'm not totally sure but the neon lights and name sort of says it all either way.

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I doubt the "Booby Trap" offers anything worth risking your life for. Maybe this situation will be a valuable lesson for some of the younger players. Silas and Lucas should be using this as a teaching moment.

4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I took a break from CF and come back for this?

dammmm.. it’s hard enough watching wall brick layup after layup and the other trash Houston teams... hopefully this type of fvckry doesn’t carry over to next year but it looks like it with our “leader” management and coaches...

BamBam likes this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Nobody fights in VIP. Harden drops SERIOUS $$$’s in these type of places. The club’s ownership won’t let you bother him.

cheke64 likes this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

karma to those bastards that jumped him.

3 on 1 fastbreak gone bad.

txtodd likes this.
  7. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Strippers and booze :cool:

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

because it was open

9. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Bobby trap strip club?!! Hahaha. Seriously, what are these guys celebrating to enjoy strip club? They are the last place in the league for god sakes.

Bo6 likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sterling just cost himself some serious FA coin.

Not smart.

Bo6 and groovemachine like this.
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

Nothing added up when we first got the story, and nothing adds up now. It's all half truths and lies they are spitting out. KPJ and Brown were up to no good. Bank it. Sounds like drugs, but at the very least Brown wasn't finished with the argument in the club and pursued it. There will be witnesses. More to come, and it won't look good. There is likely going to be good reason to cut both players loose. And that's something the Rockets can afford to do right now as it will make almost no difference to us.

12. fattz

fattz Member

IMO, if it was drugs or thugs shots would have been fired. It looks to me like perfect storm of fear, pride (embarrassment) and group rule spun out of control in a misunderstanding. Not knowing when to stop and objects used shows it wasn’t planned.

13. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

It's hard to believe, but this proves Rockets still haven't hit rock bottom.

14. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I'd get rid of Brown yesterday if he was the instigator of this episode. No tolerance for guys who are barely fringe NBA players getting into trouble like this. Like, how stupid can you be? Similarly, the Rockets should have cut House after the idiocy in the bubble.

KPJ would hurt though. Yeah, we can afford it since it's not like we're going anywhere this season, but he's 1 of only 3 bright spots in this organization at the moment (the other 2 being Tate and Wood). The pessimist in me says this is not a good sign for KPJ's future (at least with the Rockets).

DaDakota and Bo6 like this.
  15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Gut feeling the assault was made by some darn hooligans still upset by the proposed “Super League”.

Those guys will fight anyone, anywhere! Wouldn’t be surprised if Booby-Traps is their main hangout! o_O

[Serious] Hope Brown fully recovers and this doesn’t negatively impacts his NBA career! Also hope that Silver doesn’t go ballistic on the Rockets organization for having its players once again breaking NBA COVID protocols....

#KeepTankAlive

16. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Same. Celtics players having private parties in Denver a couple weeks ago. The entire team showed up just about.

17. kevtse

kevtse Member

I wonder how much these guys spent on strip clubs annually....they even sneaked out between back to back games!! Impressive!

18. bmelo

bmelo Member

bruh I remember Carl Landry being shot lol. How many rappers died last year? How many escaped dying? How many regular people were shot even by police? Like WTF? Do you know what the **** you have to do in let's say Berlin, Madrid, London, Warsaw to get shot? I can't remember when I last heard celebrity even being attacked... the worst they do here is robbing their houses. I think there was one accident of some football players being attacked(and still no guns, I think they had knifes) in UK but it was gang related

19. Bo6

Bo6 Member

all i wanna know is if jae'sean tate was there. i can't take anymore heartbreak.

don't half these guys claim they follow "mamba mentality"? no wonder Kobe was so good when half the league partying till 7am before games.

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Anyone else annoyed that he refused to share info w police on the attackers? These are criminals who nearly killed a man, supposedly for a simple misunderstanding. They’re going to attack someone else because they clearly don’t value life or respect anyone. I seriously hope the police have some info on the attackers and that they are promptly prosecuted. Violent crime is increasing and refusing to report it does not help the situation.

kjayp likes this.