1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ma'Khia Bryant Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

1) Too many (some BLM types) jumped the gun to blame the cop
    2) It's okay to comment on the sadness of the situation at large and not be blaming the cop.
    3) Some anti BLM types are falsely stating things like the White House is blaming racist cops. WTH? Is there no nuance anymore? Do we just put words in other people's mouths and call that journalism?
    Too many damn idiotic statements: LeBron, pro BLM, and anti BLM. All of them.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Don't forget OAN and Fox News...

3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

huh? are you just trolling?

malakas likes this.
  4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Not at all. I sincerely hate Morey's guts. I hold him, D'Antoni and Les Alexander personally responsible for the disaster that is the Houston Rockets.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

so ya, just trolling, cool

malakas likes this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The cop was justified in this case.

I dont see how anyone can blame him.

And I dont care if she was 16 or 10.

If she is about to stab someone, shooting her is justified.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Good cops now have to fear for his own life for saving a girls life, smh

waytookrzy079 and NotInMyHouse like this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The White House's statement on the shooting was pretty awful.

couple of d's and NotInMyHouse like this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Can you elaborate?

I think it would have been better to at least say we should wait for all the facts to come in before rushing to judgment. But that's a critique of what the statement didn't include. The actual contents of the statement seem fine to me.

11. malakas

malakas Member

It was clear cut attempted murder and would have been successful if not of the police

Maybe some people want to speak for the human rights of murderers but I don't gaf.

When you attempt to kill someone you forfeit any human right you have and any protection by police, in my book.
    I don't care if she had schizophrenia, mental issues or what not.

The life of one innocent is worth more than the life of a murderer.

So the police is justified to use any means neccessary to stop an ongoing murder attempt. Killing included.

Nook, mikeiah, DVauthrin and 3 others like this.
  12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm trying to figure out what is going on there. What kind of disagreement ends up with her attacking 2 other people, one of which is also attacked by a guy.

13. malakas

malakas Member

My guess is that it's a boyfriend.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Foster dad.

malakas likes this.
  15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Let a girl get stabbed to death ...can’t win...shoot a girl with a clear knife in hand to prevent a stabbing per video...can’t win ... who the f.u k wants to be a good and decent cop these days..., absolutely no incentive to, btw everyone seems to be on the same page here that the cop did nothing wrong regardless of politics so thank you

J.R. likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So why are you b****ing?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

If you're a cop, here are 7 non-lethal techniques you need to start using immediately:

Show them a series of Jordan Peterson clips on your phone: Within 2-3 hours of viewing, the criminal suspect will be ready to take personal responsibility and find the meaning in life!

Squirt gun filled with pee: Right in the mouth. Works every time.

Bring Joe Biden with you: Biden is widely feared in the criminal underworld ever since his courageous showdown with Cornpop. One look at Biden and the criminal will surrender.

Try a Three Stooges finger-jab: Moe famously used this ancient technique to non-lethally neutralize Larry. Follow it up with a cheek slap and a nose pinch if the suspect continues to resist.

Call a compassionate social worker: Within 30-45 minutes, a professional will arrive with a clipboard to question the suspect about their relationship with their father. While you wait for the social worker to arrive, be sure to distract the suspect with the pee squirt gun.

Declare a thumb war: best 2 out of three wins! The loser has to drop their weapon. Foolproof!

Walk back to the police car, drive away, and get a job in sales: This is probably your safest option.

Corrosion likes this.
  18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

My initial thought
    Adds to the intrigue. What if she was defending her home? Would that change anyone's mind? It certainly wouldn't change mine, but we've seen certain posters be okay with shooting criminals running away (one time over stealing a flag IIRC) and being strong supporters of castle doctrine.
    There isn't supposed to be winning in taking a life. The cop goes home knowing he saved that girl from being stabbed and hopefully remorseful he had to kill somebody to stop it, but capable of understanding he did what he had to.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Babylon Bee, always funny, always amusing. @Mr.Scarface

J.R. likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Does one justified shooting on video means law enforcement doesn't need reform.

How simple is your brain?

Btw, in the United States even with the proliferation of firearms amongst the populace, law enforcement doesn't even crack top 20 of dangerous jobs statistically. Airline pilots have higher death rates. And even when you just filter out deaths by intentional homicide, taxi drivers and barbers have higher fatality rates in that regard than cops.

It doesn't mean their job can't be difficult but let's stop pretending they are fighting in a warzone.

#60 fchowd0311, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021