1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden Cabinet

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 7, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I did not fault people who voted for Trump 2016, I thought he never should have been nominated but was willing to give him a chance because I thought he would govern from no ideology and would take to the middle never thought he would double down on the divisiveness.

I still don't see how you can have sympathy for progressives that want to have a bizzaro trump for the sake of "The People" how is that not also dire for our Democracy?

At some point we are gonna have to start working together and I still believe we can but its gonna take another election cycle to get rid of the obstructionist and I am worried that the Democrats will splinter before that is accomplished.

Andre0087 likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't know how you took from that the notion that Progressives want a bizzaro Trump on the left. If they wanted that, they would've ran someone like Kanye West or something. The example I gave was supporting a Lefty President who would do something like disregarding a Supreme Court ruling on abortion, or something of the like.

I don't even think Bernie would go that far, and Bernie was about as far left as Progressives have ever gone for so it's not really fair to say that there's any equivalence in the near future. Maybe Fidel Castro without the violence in the most extreme scenario... which was kind of his thing since the guy was 99% of the time literally in a military uniform.

But your notion about working together is a real thing. I don't think Progressives have any hope at all of sharing government with a partnering Democratic party, and for good reason. Since really Newt Gingrich came into office in the Clinton years, there has been an erosion of any goodwill whatsoever, and the Obama years show pretty pointedly that Democracy in a way where two parties work together for the common good is broken. I've seen nothing yet to prove to me they have changed whatsoever although Romney, Collins, Murkowski, and a few others could change that IF they decide to caucus together and power broker good bills with the Democrats.

I think we still have some life left with Progressive's to give it one more chance, but I think we are seeing the last Democratic president that the Left will give a chance to who will entertain bi-partisanship. If Biden fails, I definitely think in 2028 most of the people on that stage running for the Democratic nomination will have a tear it all down populist approach.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

When I say bizarro Trump I mean somebody that's beholden to only the progressives not crazy, its meant to be opposite Trump.

Sadly I can see that as well I hope 2022 is shock and the Newt way of doing things will stop.

But it seems that progressives kinda want republicans to take back over to make a point, i don't really think if democrats vote as a block again they have a chance and that does not mean progressive candidates can't win in 2022 but I think they need to message better and stop antagonizing moderates..

4. dobro1229

I'm of two minds on this. Yes... progressives cannot push out moderates and ultimately cause a two party liberal faction that breaks up that Biden coalition.

However those Senators like Manchin, and Sinema have to understand that if they are seen as holding up basically every single bill sans military funding, etc. they will deservedly get hell for that. If they are going to basically be Mitch McConnell and act as Grim Reapers of legislation within the party... I'm sorry but they deserve for Progressive pit bulls to jump on their a$$.

It's a bit early to be attacking them already, but if we get to May and not one bill has been passed other than Covid relief, it's time to give them hell. It could be another SIX YEARS (assuming Biden wins re-election hopefully) that any sort of legislation could get passed. This two year period is likely it for any sort of reforms to our Democracy, and it's not an understatement to say that this lies squarely on the shoulders of those two or three Conservative Democrats who care more about their re-election than our Democracies longevity if they sit on their butts and side with Republican Obstruction just because they think that's what will get them re-elected.

F- that in that case... but we'll see.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't think manchin and Senima don't deserve to have people question their choices I just don't like if they don't get a chance to explain and just get painted as Republicans or on the corporate dole.

6. dobro1229

I agree. I think the grassroots messaging to Senima and Manchin should focus on the implications of inaction rather than personal attacks.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Perhaps President Biden should name an acting AG... Sally Yates is available...

8. NewRoxFan

republican hypocrisy on full display...

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

Suddenly, mean tweets are bad...

Blatz likes this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Especially if done by a brown woman. @tinman

Blatz likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

The two no votes...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They have explained and their explanations are really bad.

Manichin Op-Ed in defense of the filibuster was riddled with historical and factual errors or inaccuracies.

Their other promise is that they can get to 60. The clock is quite literally ticking, and neither of them is remotely close to delivering 10 Republican votes on renaming a post office, let alone the policies that put them in the majority.

They can't even name 10 senators to talk to on major bills.

Synema meeting with Mitt ("Corporations ARE people, my friend") Romney - great.

Now she's gotta find 9 more Mitt Romney's to take her meeting AND convince them to change their votes on whatever.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those two are the creme of the crop when it comes to worthless slimebags. Come on people, vote out Ted, Cuban Canadian, Cancun fleeing River Oaks man, Traitor, calling himself a Texan out of office.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Senator Murkowski was the lone republican vote for Gupta.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. NewRoxFan

Biden asked for the resignations of a number of trump appointees (trump appointed at the end of his time in office). kellyanne decided this was the hill the remaining part of her dignity would die on...

18. NewRoxFan

And spicey is going to sue President Biden for asking for his resignation...

[​IMG]

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

What a bunch of scums Trump hung out with.

20. NewRoxFan