1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Houston State Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ima_drummer2k, Oct 29, 2012.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Confusing. Will SFA be joining in July 1 of this year? Or 2022?

EDIT: Ah, I see. They HAD been...

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. ima_drummer2k

So is the FCS playing a full on season now? I'm confused as to what's going on. Will there be a playoff? A National Champion?

Nicholls is currently ranked #7 and we spanked them pretty good. Should I get excited?

5. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

SHSU is the number 2 seed for the FCS playoffs. It's only a 16 team playoff, so not a "normal/full" season, but they will crown a national champion.

NDSU, EWU, and JMU are all on Sam's side of the bracket. This week we play Monmouth. If we move on, we'd get the winner of EWU/NDSU. All games will at least be on ESPN3. There are limits to the number of tickets being given out.

6. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Bearkats won their first playoff game.

NDSU comes to Huntsville on Sunday for the quarterfinals.

7. ima_drummer2k

How do tickets work? I'm definitely wanting to go on Sunday.

And how many seats are going to NDSU? They travel well, hope they don't have more people there than we do.....

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

NDSU actually lost 2 games this season and SHSU has the run defense to slow them down (that seems weird to say for a Keeler team). I doubt they will travel all that well with the limits on tickets so their crowd won't be an issue. I don't care how weird this season is...would be nice to finally get over the hump against them.

ima_drummer2k and raining threes like this.
  9. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

They've released them on the website, I believe (I got an email). gobearkats.com.

I think it's pretty limited, like 3k to 4k or so.

10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Bearkats are 3 point underdogs this weekend.

11. ima_drummer2k

I saw some talk on an alumni site that they sold out very quickly - which is a good sign. I think they released some more and those sold out too.

Too bad about covid. How sweet would it have been to actually have a packed house for an ESPN game...

I'm cautiously optimistic. I still have PTSD from all the other times we played NDSU. They seem to have our number until proven otherwise - hopefully on Sunday.

12. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I actually just got an email where looks like they have seats left. Looks to be near the goal line on the visitor side.

Sam definitely has to prove it against NDSU. Think the line is NDSU is favored by 3, even though we're the two seed at home.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Felt like 2011 for a minute there...but was surprised and happy that they drove down and scored after NDSU took the leady in the 4th.

Looks like we're playing JMU, so should be another "revenge" game, since the last time we played them, they rocked us.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Saw the highlights of this on SportsCenter this morning. Go Sam Houston!!!

16. ima_drummer2k

Game's going to be on ABC. This will be the 1st time for us to be on non-ESPN national TV since we played Steve McNair and Alcorn State.

We completely dominated NDSU except for 3 special teams plays. Their offense only put together 1 actual scoring drive against and it was a FG.

Still trying to get used to us actually having a DEFENSE instead of having to win games 56-55 every week.

leroy likes this.
  17. boomboom

Supporting Member

Lines are opening +1 1/2 (SHSU) to Pick 'em.

I like Sam's chances.

18. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I was more impressed that we were behind, and were able to come back after their field goal. Only one score, but always seemed like previous teams made big leads and tried to hold on for dear life and then crumbled.

I do like our odds against JMU, but definitely think it'll be a tougher game than NDSU. They were the number 3 seed for a reason. Should be a good game though, and on ABC so everyone can watch.

19. Buck Turgidson

Crazy game through 3Q

boomboom likes this.
  20. boomboom

Supporting Member

Wow...just wow! Don't think I've seen a game turn like this ever.

Sam Houston kicked it into another gear... big time!