1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Floyd Murder Trial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 11, 2021.

1. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

LOL smh. Libtards will never let it go

Roc Paint likes this.
  2. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

there will be different pressure and incentive on both sides regarding plea deal. For the LEOs, they of course want to manage potential jail time and could be alarmed by the 2nd degree conviction. But they can’t be surprised that there was a conviction.

I wonder if police union leaders want no deal and a trial because they don’t want to set precedent for this and a jury verdict can be labeled as a one off case driven by the horrific nature of the chauvin murder of Floyd.

For the DAs, they know these cases are far less straightforward and they would be able to sell a meaningful plea as a win or precedent setting, particularly with the chai in conviction in hand.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

And you know this

I am so damn glad this cop got what he was owed

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Damn near a life

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Do any news people report “the news in an unbiased fashion” these days? Do any of those on Fox holding a position similar to Williams? No, they do not. They don’t on MSNBC. They don’t on CNN, either. It’s not “fashionable.”

As for Williams being “a pathological liar,” that’s an absurd statement, with all due respect. “Pathological liar” aptly describes trump, for example. Williams, however, has one instance of lying about his coverage during a trip to Iraq and for that he took a large hit to his career. That hardly deserves the description you used.

Anchors on Fox, however, lie constantly. They knowingly lie constantly, yet I wouldn’t call even them “pathological liars.” A pathological liar lies constantly because he or she can’t control it, even if they want to. Like trump.

6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

If I watched Fox, I Wouldn’t have been watching Brian Williams. Not sure why people keep bringing up fox news.

Astrodome likes this.
  7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Your post is emblematic of much that is wrong with the whole criminal (in)justice system. The idea that the police have the right to detain you for even minor matters should change, both for the safety of the public and also the police.
    Arresting people for speeding, jaywalking, driving with expired inspenction sticker and many other crimes is nuts. Combine this with the ignorant right to have a gu except for a single shot long barrel hunting rifle and you have the needlessly grave threat to public safety. It leads to frightened police and the public shooting each other. Arresting people for the vast majority of traffic offenses is just stupid. Take a picture of their plates and send them a ticket. Also stupid is chasing folks for minor offenses. A close friend had his wife killed before his eyes when they were at a stop sign on their bikes and a fugitive being pursued by the police in a car chase lost control of his car. His offense-- failure to pay child support.

Time to become a sensible 21 century country.

DVauthrin and jiggyfly like this.
  8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

You are conflating arresting and detaining, they are two different things. You are detained temporarily so that a brief investigation can be completed. You are arrested if and when the police have established probable cause to arrest you for a felony or a misdemeanor committed in their presence. No one is arresting people for speeding (except under certain specific conditions where it constitutes reckless driving), jaywalking, driving with expired tags, etc. You are detained (usually by having your car pulled over, sometimes in handcuffs if officers determine safety demands it) so they can look at your tags or see if you have been drinking, or to get your information for a citation.
    I disagree with you on the wisdom of the right to bear arms, but I can tell you that the vast supermajority of police/citizen interactions doesn't involve violence of any sort.
    You will not generally be arrested for traffic offenses, other than DUI and reckless driving.
    How do you know who is driving? What if they don't have a license plate?
    Increasingly it is becoming policy not to chase people.
    We get what we vote for. Unfortunately, I don't think we end up with the best and brightest.

9. Buck Turgidson

I'd just like to say thank you for giving us a very level-headed on-site sort of reporting. I can't imagine how stressful this has been, happening in your city/neighborhood/backyard and all. People from all around the country want to make things into their pet political projects, but you actually had to live it.

Again, thanks, and I hope all is well enough now and continues to get better in your neck of the woods.

10. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

It's not a surprising reaction coming from scum like Carlson but It's depressing reading comments and watching other people react to the verdict. What exactly did they think was going to happen after a man dies like that? The fact that some thought Chauvin should get away with it is disturbing to me.

11. Buck Turgidson

Jewish Space Cameras?

mdrowe00, Invisible Fan and Xerobull like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

"Your pillow?"

That's his My Pillow.

13. Buck Turgidson

This is a very real product, btw:

[​IMG]

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I saw some CNN headline on google news about Pelosi thanking Floyd for "sacrificing his life for justice".

Talk about ****ing gross.

These old pols gotta GTFO and hopefully regain their humanity. Even their messaging sounds like moving around chess pieces

#874 Invisible Fan, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    DVauthrin, B-Bob, deb4rockets and 4 others like this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What a out of touch lady.

DVauthrin, Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

So the jury voted guilty to avoid riots/looting?

Seems encouraging of rioting/looting if that is what it actually takes to get a murderer sent to prison.

jiggyfly and Air Langhi like this.
  17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Crazy q lady trying to drum up racial discord, and lying in the process. Who woulda thunk?

mdrowe00, B-Bob and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought that exact same thing when I read that.

19. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

What happens to MN last year and your fear of what may happen is sad. It's part of history - we see this from time to time and will again.

If we want to never see what happens to MN again, anywhere else, we need a law enforcement system that actually works and treats everyone equally. A public that doesn't see black differently than white. What MN went through is the price of not doing that, not even close. And we won't get there, I don't think, anytime soon. It might quiet down for now, but the next one is going to again ignite problems somewhere in the States.

In this case particularly, not that many people believe Chauvin shouldn't be found guilty, even those ideologically opposed to BLM. The video, thx goodness for it from that teenager, who had the awareness to record it all, is hard to see and made it quite clear how wrong it was. If not for the video, it likely would just be another case of 'not following direction' and acceptance by a large segment of the population while another segment knows the pressing issue. The police report made it also clear, before the video, that it was just ordinary business - a systematic issue of police reporting. And again, why we need an independent party to investigate, judge, and place those that did wrong accountable.

Historically, Chauvin, like former KKK member of the police force who killed and got convicted (although sentenced of only a few years) for the murder of blacks is, I think, people that living in the past, stuck to a small view of white supremacy and that actually believe they could use the power of the police force to protect them for murder. 2020. The 1960s. 80 years or so. Much has changed, but much also has not changed. You still got people in law enforcement that abuse their power and a system that mostly protects them - this time, we have a stronger conviction that should yield stronger sentencing. Maybe in another 50 years, we don't see these types of behaviors in law enforcement, but maybe not. And the next one is just some days, weeks, years down the road. Cycle it again.

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She and Lauren Boebert are the types of New Republicans in office who do absolutely nothing of value. These new Republicans are radicals, tied to militia groups, who spend their days collecting donations by doing nothing more than spewing hate, conspiracy theories, and outright lies meant to incite racial division and hate towards people of color, the President, and everyone in the Democratic Party. The Republican Party is becoming more and more crazy and disturbing each and every day.

BigM and DVauthrin like this.