1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sterling Brown assaulted in Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Apr 19, 2021.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

The at-risk population is now about 85% vaccinated... asymptomatic transmission, while possible, is exceedingly rare... so many reasons why your post is flawed... and yet you refuse to adjust to the 31 million sample data set that proves you totally wrong.

In a recent study, a majority of respondents thought that if you caught COVID, you have a 40% chance of being hospitalized. It's actually a 1% chance if you are below 50 y/o. How can our population be so misled with bad info? Doctors and the media have utterly failed us by grossly exaggerating the threat to the healthy among us. And the trouble for society now is that it's really hard to get people to admit they were wrong.... as you are/were.

So Sterling Brown - do your thing.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so if you sell alcoholic beverages you're a murderer as well?
    if you manufacture cars you're a murderer?
    etc lololol

3. fattz

fattz Member

Brown has show value on the court and could help the youth grow because of his playing style and versatility, IMO. Here we are because of decisions made putting not only him, the team and franchise but the league as a whole taking notice. I thought he could be key in the development now not so much. I wish him only the best in all he does. Still a fan of his play but not our long term answer as a mentor. We should have got a draft choice for him instead of his contract just expiring.

4. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

If Kelly Olynk was with him, this would have never happened.

bcast89 likes this.
  5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

gun nuts solution is always more guns.

back to sterling, i do feel bad he got assaulted... but like others have mentioned, if i'm a fringe nba player i don't think i'm staying up late the night before a game at a strip club.. on a sunday.. in the midst of a pandemic... called ****ing BOOBY TRAP. lol

UTSA2step likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Back when it all started, railing against masks:
    :D:D:D What a dork... Indeed, the trouble for society is that it's really hard to get people to admit they were wrong.

7. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Dare I say you want to take the backdoor at a place called the booty trap.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

tinman likes this.
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

Wasn't Sterling still out on a knee injury. Don't think he was going to play anyhow. But this nightclub injury may prolong it.

He's free to go out or whatever; Sunday night before a team game (since traveling with the team)... I just equate it to like a student clubbin' on a school night.

10. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

this guy is prone to get assaulted..move on

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd actually prefer to see Armoni Brooks start over Bradley too because I feel like we know exactly what Bradley is but have the opportunity to see what Armoni Brooks can be. HOWEVER, I think "deserves" is way too strong of a word. Two good games hardly entitles you to a starting position in the NBA. Also, I don't know how they view Armoni or what their plans for him are. They may very well believe his best case scenario is as a 6th man role. If that's the case, why even get him accustomed to a starter role? Instead, it would make most sense to get him run in the role you envision for him.

TimDuncanDonaut and rockets1995 like this.
  12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

7AM?????!?! what the ****

HardenVolumeOne and tinman like this.
  13. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I don't wish anything bad on anyone, but again, I don't care about what you and Sterling Brown do to yourselves. You're also correct, you and Sterling Brown will probably be fine.

I clearly stated that I was concerned about the other people you could harm. It's what we refer to as society. People work together to achieve common goals. My mom is older now, and I take care of her when she needs help. That includes doing my best to not infect her with an illness that could kill her. I also extend the same courtesy to everyone else I know and society as a whole.

If you and Sterling Brown vaccinate, mask, and take reasonable precautions, then I have no issue. However, you're just ranting that "People have ignored the data for so long and it's wrecked our country".

malakas likes this.
  14. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

If you sell alcoholic beverages, you should be able to rely on the individual you sell them to to act responsibly. The same goes for car manufacturers. It isn't wrong to assume others will abide by the law.

If you sell alcoholic beverages to someone that has had WAY to much to drink and is holding their car keys ready to drive away from the bar, then yes you are negligent and at fault. If you manufacture and sell cars that have incorrectly designed brakes and you are aware of it, then you are negligent and at fault.

In any situation, if you harm someone else through negligence, then YES you are at fault.

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wait, he went to a Titty bar while Covid restrictions are in place?

Man, it is just unreal that athletes and their money are so easily parted.

DD

16. PhiSlammaJamma

There's either a lot of stupid going on or they were involved somehow.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

7am?

Maybe he was just going to Denny’s for breakfast and took a wrong turn.

18. H.D.

H.D. Member

Harden gave Brown a review of the place.

19. junk151

junk151 Member

Their wings must be fire

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

90% of NBA players party every night and have girls in diff cities. 75% do drugs. This is a normal night for a ball player, he’s just stupid and doesn’t have the right guys around him when going out.

joshuaao, tinman and J.R. like this.