1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Floyd Murder Trial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 11, 2021.

1. SuraGotMadHops

[​IMG]

2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

my boy??

Ok Mr. Racist

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right!!

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Uh, I don't see anything in that article about Biden having any contact with the jury prior to the veridct being reached. It wasn't possible anyway since the jury was sequestered. The article does reference his and Maxine Waters' comments before the the case went to the jury:

The judge in Chauvin’s trial declined to sequester the jury during oral arguments, a practice sometimes used in cases that garner significant public interest. Multiple Democratic politicians weighed in on the case, including President Joe Biden and California Rep. Maxine Waters. Waters told protesters that they had to “to get more confrontational” if Chauvin was not convicted of murder in Floyd’s death.

However, I'll be willing to bet that Fox News will be all over this "story" tonight.

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True the video was devastating. I don't know though if without the Darnella Frazier's video if this would've gotten to charges but once it got to trial and the other video too including the body cameras really hurt Chauvin's case.

The defense did use the "scary black man defense" but they did argue forcefully regarding several issues such as drugs in George Floyd's system and made the most out of their use of force experts. It was still weak and I'm guessing even Chauvin knew that he likely would be found guilty on one of the counts.

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You can do better than that...Mr. Racist? lol

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

B-Bob likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I figured the liberal deniers would be all over this.

9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I quoted your post. Those were your words. No more explanation is needed unless you’re stupid. Most racists are though.

10. KingCheetah

No excuses -- Joe shouldn't have been in contact with the jury.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Not a lawyer, and only sat on one capital murder jury. But I don't think simply showing a LEO kneeling on a detainee for 9 minutes would have been enough... since in this case, the LEO kneeled on the murder victim's neck for minutes after the victim was dead.

12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Going back and forth with you has definitely clarified that point. Consider this brief conversation over.

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately! I used to work with a guy who had a fetish for guns when I was in the Navy. I worked with him out on San Clemente Island. One weekend when I was off duty I came across him with camouflage paint on his face as he was out in some area looking for old military crap where military forces often wandered doing their war games stuff. He was smart as hell, but odd. The dude never missed a day of school in his life, was his claim. There was something about him that always made me wonder if one day I would see him on the news as one of these mass shooters types. He just fit the typical profile.

He went to Kingsville from there, and he and some dumb drunk friends made the winning bid on some expensive horse at King Ranch. Obviously it was a joke gone bad, but luckily for him the military got them freed from going to jail. To this day I still expect to see him on the news.

14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Yep. Now carry on with your racist posts.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

The one thing that somehow escaped everyone is the fact that this whole episode occurred because Floyd allegedly (and unknowingly) passed a counterfeit $20 bill. I truly believe that he didn't know it was a fake as I've witnessed this happen several times to people at Walmart, Kroger, Best Buy and Foley's. The average person couldn't spot a fake if they tried. All this over $20 - what a tragic waste.

jiggyfly, BigM, noize and 3 others like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My understanding is that this has already led to a change in policy regarding how MPD responds to a report of a counterfeit money.

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

In principle yeah, but his job is to keep the peace. He'd rather take this hit than fail later.

Can't say much about long term damage over short term benefits for tipping the scale though.

18. NewRoxFan

19. NewRoxFan

20. KingCheetah

I totally thought that Jesse Jackson had died - it was really weird when Sharpton introduced him -- he doesn't seem well.

ElPigto likes this.