1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lance has had even less success and Fields has had about the same as Wilson.

All 3 are similar type athletes. Wilson is the most dynamic passer.

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Hey this is about mistreating women as the title suggests..

Ex-girl, she the female version of me
    I got strippers in my life, but they virgins to me

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Lance threw 28 TD's and 0 INT's as a Sophomore, Fields was in the Playoffs 2 years in a row and was also a top recruit coming out of college. Zach Wilson was essentially a nobody, who had one good season during Covid and is now considered worth a top-2 pick. I just don't know about his body of work. I just think Fields may be a little safer.

But to be honest, the only one of these guys who's worth a top pick In my mind is Trevor Lawrence. The other guys all have on the field red flags.

But I digress.... As I've seen other posters mention, it'll be interesting to see how this shakes out, and if Deshaun is still requesting a trade.... I can't imagine he'd be willing to stay....but you never know. At least the Texans can let him rot on the bench and not get nearly the flak that they would've gotten in the beginning....

jiggyfly and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I can agree with most of this.
    Wilson has still had a better season than either Lance or Fields.
    I would take Lance over Fields personally. But I’d take Wilson over both.

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I thought all the civil cases were consolidated? I guess they can be severed again? I don't see this resolving in less than a year unless it's all settled, and even then you have to wait to see if any criminal cases are pursued or how the NFL proceeds based upon the settlement language details.

6. Fantasma Negro

This whole thing hinges on the hpd investigation. If hpd finds no criminal activity, Deshaun could get off free and clear and probably only serve a 2-4 game suspension.

UTSA2step and jiggyfly like this.
  7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Because the women didn't go to the cops earlier they probably won't be able to get evidence, and I don't the Houston DA is going to take a he said/she said after the fact to trail.

8. Fantasma Negro

There is no accusation of forced rape so there could be no rape kit, unless one of the women went Lewinski and kept the towel he nutted on or the shirt they were wearing when he nutted on them all the evidence is he said - she said. The issue Deshaun has is the two women that said he coerced them with the use of intimidation and threats into giving him head. If hpd finds those two claims credible he could be tried for two counts of sexual assault, if they don't that pretty much deads the whole thing.

#2348 Fantasma Negro, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    UTSA2step likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why are you always trying to paint me as angry, its a weak come back.

Why would I be angry about any of this?

There is at no time that he would have been benched.:rolleyes:

Wilsons entire schedule was cupcakes and did you miss what Fields did in the CFP game?

I am not even saying Wilson is not better but to say Fields had a bad year is just a flat out terrible take.

Cris Simms, The guy who has Kellon Mond over Justin Fields?

Really?

You can take Simms and I can take any other number of evaluators and remember Simms had Mitch Trabisky over Mahomes and Watson, so he has no greater in site than anybody else.

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

They are just consolidated for purposes of discovery, but if any of the cases went to trial, the trials would all be separate. And the evidence pertaining to the other Plaintiffs or other bad acts by Watson would not be admissible, unless the Judge believes they constitute evidence of a habit or routine practice and that the probative value of the evidence outweighs the prejudicial effect.

Kim likes this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

We can break down Fields last year. I know some people aren’t capable of looking past stats.
    He had two games against ranked opponents that were good. Penn St and Clemson. The rest he was garbage and they won because of the talent around him.
    He’s not a proficient quarterback in terms of reads and the offense is basic one read/half field read system.
    Ohio St QBs are terrible at short throw and intermediate throws in general.

Wilson has played in a system that has multiple looks and is an elite athlete. Fields is an elite athlete that has played in a simple system.

Also Simms had Mahomes as the best in 2017. His rankings have been spot on for a while bow.

#2351 cmoak1982, Apr 20, 2021
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And, you’re an angry person for reasons I don’t know.
    You claimed I was putting someone down to prop someone else up. Your takes are generally hostile. Relax, it’s ok to be wrong and it’s ok to have bad takes. The sooner you realize that, the less stressful your online life will be.

#2352 cmoak1982, Apr 20, 2021
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

IBTL and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nope.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705493-2017-nfl-mock-draft-chris-simms-final-predictions

5. Tennessee Titans

Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina

10. Buffalo Bills

Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech

31. Atlanta Falcons

Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

@jiggyfly @cmoak1982

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/
    go there but add at the end 2705937-simms-spotlight-patrick-mahomes-is-2017-nfl-drafts-most-special-qb-talent
    Not sure why it won't show up... Simms thought Mahomes was the most special QB in 2017... mocked Trubisky way higher. Difference between his evaluation and his mock.

Here is his takes from 2018 forward.

I generally like Simms' QB takes over most peoples...

That said, my current ranking is:
    Lawrence
    Fields
    Wilson

I honestly don't know much about Lance.

Generally agree that Lawrence is really the only one worthy of a top 10ish pick at this point.
    Wilson could be amazing. Fields could be amazing. It's really hard to tell...

#2358 JayZ750, Apr 20, 2021
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah this is why I like Simms.
    And I wouldn’t knock anyone that had Fields over Wilson. I just prefer Wilson over him. Better arm and has wheels.
    Fields has better wheels and a strong arm.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have no problems with Simms I listen to him but he is just 1 of many guys I listen 2.

He had some real issues with Watson as well.

My issue is with saying Fields had a bad year last year. but I am done and don't want to derail the thread.