1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Juicy details around Harden Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Mar 3, 2021.

1. fattz

fattz Member

Putting Harden on the 76ers wouldn’t yield high quality draft picks. Harden paired with a younger mvp type center and a yet another more than capable big plus both don’t need the ball. Crazy to think of the success and for how long they would have maintained it. Making their draft picks in the low twenties and then the Rockets (with Ben) mid teens when we have them. Treadmill trade for sure even with the draft compensation. Ben Simmons is not the face of a franchise. He is a solid second player. Wall Simmons is just horrible, IMO. Wall and floundering and potentially stealing back a draft pick from OKC, plus watching the Nets blow through assets now to win now sets up our pick to become even better. Delayed gratification is usually better.

BallSoHarden and Wooderson like this.
  2. DonatelloLimestone

Are you one of those guys who just reads the stats and doesn’t watch? Thybulle is a major contributor, its either him or Simmons guarding the best player on the other team and he has done a phenomenal job. he is all nba defense level, and he is in his 2nd year in the league. Did you see londo add a 3 point shot ? You are writing off growth. Look at his form, its not even bad like Lonzo s what, he should be a serviceable 3/d while being an elite of the nba defender.

MPJ is an obviously at another level, Maxey is still more promising than Armani brooks and I love that we got brooks. Another great steal by stone, but like I said. There is no one in this entire league, not clutchfans, in the nba that would trade House and Nwaba(two older standard role players) for Maxey and Thybulle. Maxey and Thybulle have a far far greater ceiling. Go check some of even the great players rookie year like kobe or who ever else, rookies aren’t efficient, or is a bonus when they are. That’s what you’re using to write off Maxey visual ability to shot create, man the point/sg? He’s 19/20, was high rated out hs and college was a close to lottery talent. You would take Nwaba and house over that? Are you Vivek Randive or Dolan by any chance?

Rivers is in win now mode, they are the number one team in the east. Thybulle was a 36 percent 3 pt shooter, 30 this year. He needs to get better, and he will he has the mechanics. He’s in his 2nd year in this league and is already considered an elite defender. He’s already averaging a block a game. How is Nwaba or house a good rebounder if these two aren’t. I’m not sure how you’re simplifying this stuff, but theres homerism and then theres whatever mental gymnastics you’re doing to not just be objective. Like I said, I like what house and Nwaba bring to our team. So long as there are no women and we’re not in a bubble, house is a solid pick up and at a great price. Great find for morey. Nwaba has been a journeyman but a pleasant surprise, I feel like he can really compete and is undersize but plays big. I’m a fan. But if sixers ever offered Thybulle and maxey for Nwaba and house, we’d be damn fools not to take it. its not even close.

D-rock likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Sixers being in win now mode has nothing to do with Maxey and Thybulle playing like trash, they get PT lmao they just dont produce. Thybulle for example played 20 mins and got 2 pts 2 rebs 2 ast. He was -18 so it doesnt matter how good his defense is, if he cant produce obv his D not good enough to cancel his inefficient scoring and non existent rebs. You are the one who is aping Dolan and Ranadive if you think great defense while scoring 0 pts and putting 0 rebs on the table is a great player in the making wtf. Maxey got 15 pts but shot 38% from the field. Rookies arent efficient but Maxey is shooting at Adam Morrison level, if you remember we cut Mason Jones and he shot better than Maxey.

The only thing Thybulle and Maxey have for them is their youth, but like I said there are a lot of rookies out there so there isnt exactly a shortage of rookies with potential. The Rox would take Maxey and Thybulle simply because they are a bigger name and the Rox dont need good role players, they are tanking. But if the team is competing journeymen like Nwaba and House are better just becsuse they are better players now.

#123 roslolian, Apr 25, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member