1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020/21 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Sep 11, 2020.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

The one funny thing about all this Super League stuff to me is Tottenham.

HOW IN THE F DID TOTTENHAM GET ALLOWED INTO THE SUPER COOL EURO CLUB?

I mean, Daniel Levy is an ingenious rascal. Spurs who haven't won a league title since 1960, have only won two mickey mouse cups in the past three decades, and obviously have no UCL wins(at least Arsenal have won the Prem in the past 20 years and hold the FA CUP) are rubbing shoulders with Madrid, Barca, Juve, etc. All because Levy built a new stadium, has close links to the NFL and the American owners,and can say his team made it to the UCL final recently. Lol, pure rubbish. :D

#361 ferrari77, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

ferrari77 and malakas like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

hahaha well look at this.
    Liverpool fans who died are "legacy" fans.
    Isn't it funny?
    These fcking americans.

As I said this is only the beginning. They will soon straight up move the teams to more lucrative markets like China.
    I have witnessed many times how these american franchises treat their "fans" aka customers.
    Alexander even took away the nba trophy in his home. Disgrace!
    I have seen how Bucks fans were running in panic and in tears phoning politicians and lobying trying to make their team that they grew up watching with their grandfathers to stay in humble poor small market. And it broke my heart.
    We can't allow these things in european football. It is our clubs and they are only the custodians they don't own the history and the clubs.

As for the legacy fans from what I am seeing british legacy fans are extremely pissed off and quiting their teams, italian legacy fans are disgusted and the only ones who seem accepting is the spaniards.
    How you say piss off in spanish?

Boycott, protest and riot.
    Americans bless their hearts don't have hooligans. But european football is full of hooligans.
    I want to see Kroenke have a full taste of good old european hooliganism.

Yung-T and ferrari77 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

FPL Dude said it.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Also, Jose Morinho was sacked mid-season, again. lulz.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  6. Raz

Raz Member

In the same time UEFA announces Champions League reforms with more meaningless games that weaken the competition and open spots on the basis of past performances, not recent achievements. **** them all, seriously.

By the way, I'm really surprised PSG didn't join that travesty, thought they'd be the first one to sell-out, next to the Manchester clubs of course. The sheiks must have some sort of arrangement with the French government.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sheiks : 'Your TV money cannot rival our oil money!'

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. ferrari77

Thanks. It's been confusing re. the German clubs and PSG- will they, won't they.
    Glad to see the German clubs doing the right thing in comparison to the English clubs- as usual.

10. ferrari77

So we're blaming players for this? Only two culprits to me here

1. The Super League teams and their owners
    2. UEFA

Players are so far down the list if even on it imo

11. ferrari77

The wild thing is that barely gets any notice because of the Super League. Another win for Daniel Levy. His terrible hiring and now sacking of Mourinho goes under the radar.

Qatar WC most likely playing into that.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol, the UK fans are normally proud that their 'boys' were sticking with the Federation......so yeah, they are shell shocked.

13. Aware

Aware Member

i guess we'll see how this all plays out in the following days.

i do feel bad for clubs like ajax and psv who have european club history that is at worst on par with some of the super league teams. porto/benfica as well but i guess we'll see if they join too.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. ferrari77

Benfica, Ajax and Porto have to be looking at the Super League list that includes Tottenham and just throwing bottles at the wall in disgust. Tottenham?? (unless they were broached and refused)

Aware likes this.
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Platini's son (or son in law) is part of the PSG ownership group iirc, they are deeply intertwined with UEFA.

I feel like the CL reform is pretty fair actually, four more teams and also at least 10 games guaranteed for everyone, so a lot more TV and ticket money than before.

malakas likes this.
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

17. malakas

malakas Member

Porto president said that they were indeed approached and refused.
    https://www.macaubusiness.com/porto...ng-european-super-league-says-club-president/

At this point it's obvious to me that most historical great teams from various countries have been approached and refused.
    If Porto was so would Ajax,Eidhoven, Benfica etc.

I don't expect to see any other team announcing participation at least until the UEFA and FIFA sanctions are announced.

ferrari77 and Yung-T like this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

Merseyside reds lol
    Premier league teams have their names with the allowance of local city councils.
    So Liverpool council could easilly say you can't name your team anymore as Liverpool.lol

Johnson and the UK government are saying that they will look into a lot of things like taking back the subsidies for Covid relief, refuse policing games, enforce the german ownership model etc but nothing would hurt more than taking away outright their "brand" from the decision of the city's people itself.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If FIFA bans players from the SL playing in the WC, it would get very interesting....

DD

20. Aware

Aware Member

This is great lol
    We are living in some real life pro evolution soccer ****