1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 4/18/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I have it very clear and I understand your point; the problem is that the margin with the fourth worst record is, because of today's result, smaller. I hope the management knows what they are doing.

HP3, saleem and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

there are guaranteed wins coming for our competition, too, in H2H where someone wins

DET plays MIN and ORL once more
    MIN plays ORL as well

we play MIN one more time

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We must end up in the bottom 3 ranking in my opinion. The Magic have out tanked us.

Tfor3 likes this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I didn't watch but it looks like Tank Commander Wall took the night off so we snuck in the win?

B-Bob, IvanLCPM, Dankstronaut and 5 others like this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Missed the game? We won.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

@Jontro See bro you have started a movement.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It was a crippled Magic team and the noob Armoni Brooks didn't follow the gameplan and decided to play heroball. Then no Tank Commander didn't help in the 4th quarter.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

dam brehs be stealing my thunder. now i will really have to watch games

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Why?

11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

We need him to continue Tankathon as our fearless Tank Commander. So not yet ...

sirjesse likes this.
  12. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I told you guys Bradley is not ready to be a general yet. He is a captain at most. One more screwup by making two shots and he needs demoted a rank. Without those two buckets good chance we could have achieved our objective. It takes a general the caliber of Wall to nullify the performances of KPJ, Tate, and the mini vanilli towers.

don grahamleone and vick like this.
  13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

wait, I thought we were tanking?

don grahamleone and sirjesse like this.
  14. JW86

JW86 Member

Olynyk messing w/ our plans, I knew he would be a pain.

don grahamleone and sirjesse like this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I know this is from a couple of days ago, but I've just been really busy. So busy. Do you maybe want a link to my onlyfans account? That's what I'm busy working on. I'm doing some really cool stuff with cuisine on there. A lot of people enjoy watching me eat nachos while laying in bed right now. They go nuts if like some cheese slides down onto my chest or a jalapeno slice finds it's way near my man-belly button. There's a lot of crumb fans out there too, so don't feel like you have to be pigeon holed or anything. It's low stress over there. A very safe space for exploring... mostly with nacho deconstruction and body dispersement, but hey... onlyfans like what they like.

So to answer your question: Yes, yes I am... and I'm happy to know my charm is real.

This was a really nice thread for me. I had to miss the game and watched it as soon as possible. Afterwards I was able to read the whole game thread in well under an hour. Very low stress... much like my only fans environment I try to create above.

@Os Trigonum @Salvy

The Greta material was fantastic. I find her tactics a bit pushy and dramatic while understandable. I find your tactics cheeky and amusing. Thanks. It felt very fresh and lively even though I was reading well after the end of that magnificent display of basketball by Kelly O.

J.R... to quote you from the Warriors thread... oh how the mighty have fallen.

@Roc Paint ... I miss one game and it was this beautiful masterpiece... FML. I mean, KPJ/Scoot was incredible mixed with incredible foul stupidity. Good thing you can fix stupid because that guy is fun to watch. I thought maybe Avery Bradley was the next Tank Commander, but nope! He's the worst tank commander of all time! Great win! I mean, hopefully I can say that if the lottery ballz bounce correctly still.

@HP3
    [​IMG]

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I missed the game, did we win?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. MONON

MONON Member

Just looked up the schedule. We have a 4/27 home game with Minny. The only other team we play with a loosing record is GS, but don't worry Stephie'll go off on us like he always does. We finish @Bucks, @Utah, @Blazers, @Lakers, Clips and @Hawks.

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. PatBev

PatBev Member

Gods plan

20. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

The box score is lying, this should've been a much easier win.

On offense:
    Wood & Wilson missed bunnies
    Wood & Brooks missed free throws
    Porter Jr had some bad turnovers (the one on a 4-on-1 fastbreak particularly stands out, led to Magic scoring on the other side and gaining momentum)

The Rockets should've scored 10-15 points more.

On defense:
    The effort was there to start the 3rd quarter. I guess Silas seems to coach at halftime only when the team is down. They clamped down Orlando and went on a 22-6 run during the first 6 minutes of the 3rd. This legitimately shook the Magic and they scored only 12 more for the rest of the quarter, although the Rockets significantly relaxed their D.
    You don't need to play 48 minutes of fantastic defense against bad teams, just shut them down a few times for 6 minute stretches, and they'll start missing when they're open too.
    1st, 2nd and 4th quarter were crap, giving up 30 points on average, playing subpar D (Rockets would give them plenty of space initially and then close out on the shooters just to make it seem they care) and taking bad fouls (Porter Jr had 6, half of them were reckless).

There is no reason this Magic team should score more than 20-25 points a quarter.

Realistically, with good coaching, a fair result would've been 125-90. No disrespect to Orlando, but the players they put on the floor are vastly inferior compared to what the Rockets have.
    We can talk about the tangible benefits of tanking all we want, but the truth is the 3 worst records have the same chance of getting a top 4 pick (52%) and that Houston has the toughest remaining schedule in the league. Even if they tried their best, I can't see them going better than 2-13 or 3-12 (maxing out at 17 or 18 wins), which is enough as Detroit (17 wins atm), Minny (15) and Orlando (18) still need to play each other.

A win against this G-League Orlando team won't make a difference, but a good win would show that there is something to look forward to in the future. Of course there will be growing pains with young guys on this team, however, the effort level on defense and missing free throws is what annoys me. That's just bad basketball.