1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

"The Ring"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheReasonSF3, Oct 19, 2002.

Tags:
  1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Necrobump. Just saw this movie for the first time. Maybe we are a lot more desensitized now, but it wasn’t as scary as I remember being told back in the day.

Also, the ending. I still don’t get it

#41 RKREBORN, Apr 18, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    CCity Zero and Jontro like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

i mean... it wasn't even that scary. I laughed thru it as a kid watching for the first time in theaters

CCity Zero, Aware and RKREBORN like this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I saw it when I was like 10-11 , was freaked at one scene but that’s about it...

Will say this, some people are scared of clowns etc, for me it’s pale girls with dark black hair covering their faces. I legit freaked at that scene in haunting of hill house where the chick is hover over the person as they’re asleep (I passed out before and woke up to it on the screen as soon as I opened my eyes straight —-lost my ish)

#43 LosPollosHermanos, Apr 18, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    jiggyfly, Jontro and RKREBORN like this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

kinda cool bump, seeing refman and drapg and the gang on page 1.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

A little girl that was super black and had an Afro wouldn’t scare you in the middle of the night staring at you in the corner while you were sleeping ?

lol

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

We watched it in Spanish class...in English.
    We also watched Joy Ride In that class, in English as well.
    I learned no Spanish that year.
    Good ol’ Hightower

Jontro likes this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I saw this in the theater when it came out and I don't think it bothered me much but I was also in my early 20s so it probably wouldn't be like watching it as a 10 year old, but regardless I definitely agree with you on us being more desensitized to movies (especially now).

Like at the time I think I remember it was a good movie so I'm not saying that it was bad or anything, I also want to say the theater/audience maybe added to suspense but I kind of felt the hype to see the movie was better than seeing it.

Anyway, other than the tape aspect that most kids probably wouldn't know about today, did the movie age well/was at least enjoyable? I also don't remember much about the ending.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Still one of my top 5 scary movies I immediately started watching all the JHorror I could.

9. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

"Cindy, the TV is leaking."