1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Beauty Store Attack: Racist Attack or Normal Beauty Store Attack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Mar 25, 2021.

?

Who's right?

1. Beauty Store owner - video of the attack

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Attackers - claims before video there was racism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both - owner and attackers were racists to each other

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Neither - normal retail risks in 2020s

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hair is everything. If Raf Stone had hair we'd be a 60-win team with a future.

NotInMyHouse and tinman like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These two aren't going to be mistaken for Beyonce and Kelly Rowland for sure

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Fatty wouldn't know the difference.

[​IMG]

tinman likes this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this story about sums up the inner city dysfunction. Sad some of the black posters are taking offense with @tinman for posting this. When I see these ghetto beauty stores with the ghetto, its sad. i told a story in the hpd cop getting arrested for capitol rioting thread about my korean neighbor. she owned one of these beauty stores. I just can't stand black women wearing those cheap weaves. they are so bad looking. black women feel a lot of pressure to live up to beauty standards that include straight hair. luckily wearing hair naturally is becoming more accepted and really not just accepted becoming more fashionable. My neighbor has since passed, i never looked at her owning this store as a negative but there is also a bigger of us not owning businesses. I admit i've never tried to start a business but i digress. its especially sad we can't even make money on our hang ups. i think all these are owned by asians

tinman likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

I didn’t make this story up .
    The family said they received lots of support from the Houston African American community after the incident.
    Showing what I thought this was, an isolated incident but a very Houston incident. No crazy excess events after this . Because people in the community like the store and owners.

pgabriel likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not going to judge the women for wanting to look a certain way and that's not really relevant to the story. This was clearly assault and that they made racial insults elevates it to a hate crime.

pgabriel, tinman and Andre0087 like this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If this is in part response to my post, black women trying to fit European beauty standards has been a big issue since we got here.

The hair extensions these stores supply are terrible and for me it's really sad to see young black women wearing these cheap products. That being said, yes it has nothing to do with the particular story but I would suspect you know black women trying to fit into European beauty standards has been an underlying issue in the black community. I expect you in particular to know because I respectful your world knowledge. If you didn't know now you are even more informed

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually I just skimmed over your post. It was a response to several post that were discussing why these women were there in the first place.

Whatever the reasons they were there doesn't justify or make their actions any worse.

tinman and pgabriel like this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes
    That 300 pound woman in her 20s attacked an elderly woman who weighed less than 100 pounds

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I wasn't making excuses for them. Just telling you what I think about these ghetto beauty supply stores

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Women of all races dye their hair in colors that are either non-organic or intentionally emulating that of other women. They also wear blush to emulate people with less melanin, or spray tanner to emulate people with more. Also if you think black women are the only people to wear hair extension or are dense enough to not factor that into your reasoning then this is once again about projecting your racial insecurities, this time on black women's self expression and consciously chosen aesthetics.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If you home moralize my posts read the whole posts

The extensions in these ghetto beauty stores are cheap and ridiculous looking

You holler at women wearing that clown ****?

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

When Charlie Manson says he wants his white female followers to kill a white coffee heiress to start a race war with non-present blacks, I don't need to play his Beach Boys recording demos to hear the crazy. "Extensions" and "ghetto" are all the class-pretentious rice and misogyny sausage I need to smell this self-hate jambalaya. You should have dealt with this identity crisis decades ago, like Alvin Seville did in that one Chipmunks episode.

#33 Dairy Ashford, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    jiggyfly likes this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

These extensions I'm referring to are only sold at stores like this. These stores are only found in inner cities

tinman likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

Which destroys the argument that these women made against the store owner for racial profiling because the shop caters to African Americans.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

How do either of those false and trivial generalizations legitimately undermine any black women's choices for aesthetics, personal presentation and self-expression" You've had an entire childhood and half of your adulthood to visually process black women's hairstyles and then validate them as people without projecting your class insecurities, removing their agency and casting bizarre assumptions about their options, outlook or decision-making. What's the ****ing holdup?

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Dairy Ashford

As far as my self hatred you are obsessed with, I am actually very happy it's becoming popular for black women to where their hair naturally

Aa usual your attempt at psychoanalysis if me has caused you to totally miss the point. Black women have too long felt pressure to live up to European beauty standards and I am sympathetic towards their plight

It's not about what I like. The weaves are clown like