1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tank Booboo? based on Percentages.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

So the 3rd or 4th slot can’t end up 5th or worse? Do u not realize how stupid u sound? U clearly don’t know how the lottery works. Maybe u should start playing checkers and develop some sort of critical thinking.

Sooty, YOLO and DatRocketFan like this.
  2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Great we got HOF Now coming in here and insisting the #1 pick is based on critical thinking and not odds. Whatever dude...

[​IMG]

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

u seem a little slow...stay in school kids

Why is a Mavs fan even talking about anything Rockets related?

Sooty and vlaurelio like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Tank BooBoo sounds like a gay wrestler.

dmoneybangbang, B-Bob and vlaurelio like this.
  5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Remember when the Donald took a sharpie and drew a hurricane into Alabama? Don’t double down on stupid kids.

ak99999, napalm06 and vlaurelio like this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Hi, welcome.

Chinese what??

You make no sense.

ak99999 and vlaurelio like this.
  7. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

Op gets called out and switches to a racist comeback. How old are you? 10?

ak99999 and vlaurelio like this.
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

OP needs to post le$$

9. pass_to_Hakeem

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

OP if u don't really understand how the nba lottery system works, please take the time to look it up before getting offended when people call u out for your ignorance/stupidity.

Houston: has to get pick 1-4 or they have to give it up to OKC. OKC will give us the worst pick they get this draft which will assuredly be the heat pick (currently 16)

So how can houston get pick 1-4? Maximize your odds by losing.

Using your own cite article: The team with the worst record used to have a 25 percent chance of getting the no. 1 pick, and couldn’t fall below no. 4.

Now, the teams with the bottom three records have the same 14 percent chance at no. 1, while the worst team can slip all the way to no. 5.

So what does this mean? It means that u don't have to have the shttiest record in the league to maximize your chance of getting the best pick of the draft, you only need top 3 worst record. It is also means that it is still possible for the worst team/or top 3 shttiest team to get unlucky and drop out of top 4.

U increase your odds of getting anything out of top 4 by winning. SO WHY THE FK SHOULD WE WIN AT ALL?

u can argue that we can win some to have some pride of not being the shttiest team, but the odds of keeping the top 4 pick gets smaller. Say if we went on even a 5 game win streak, we increase odds of us losing our pick (assuming we aren't one of the 3 worst record wise team)

It's all luck based, u could argue that GSW can still get the best pick of the draft and make it into the playoffs (winning the playin). But it's a 0.5% chance......

Summary
    our goal is to get pick 1, 2 , 3, or 4. currently our odds are at 52.1% of getting any of those picks. U win too much and improve our overall record too much, our odds will of keeping our pick decrease -> increasing the odds of us giving it up. It's that fking simple

Honestly, it's not that hard to understand how the draft works.

#70 DatRocketFan, Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    saleem, Nick_713, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  11. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

There is some moron on Twitter (@whitemikelvick) spamming all the key Rockets posters with the same incorrect “logic” that somehow having the worst pick doubles our chances of conveying the pick to OKC. I’m guessing it is the same person.

For those in the back .... it doesn’t matter whether we convey 5, 6, or 7. Yes, 5 will hurt a bit more - but it isn’t our pick regardless.

it’s not complex - top 4 pick or bust, and the worst three records have identical odds of a top 4 pick.

We can keep explaining it to you, but we can’t understand it for you.

peleincubus and B-Bob like this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

in english, what's so bad about 1st & 2nd and what makes 3rd & 4th so great in your eyes?

13. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

was actually wondering if anyone else saw that. glad i'm not the only one lol

banzai likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

And change his name to Le'¢¢.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Our record in the last 35 games is 3-32. Over nearly 50% of this shortened season, we've averaged fewer than 1 win in every 10 games.

Maybe we aren't as bad as our record, but we're still horrendous. Nobody is at the wheel of the tank, the tank drives itself because of the team's complete ineptitude.

16. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I’m mean- he has a slightly limited point that he doesn’t understand in that the Rockets ideal scenario would be to finish with the third worst record. Same odds to retain their pick- if they don’t retain their pick it’s likely to be slightly less awesome when they convey to OKC. I wouldn’t want to even remotely come close to 4th worst record so I’m fine with 30th, but if given the choice this year the only rational answer is 28th.

COMPAQ CENTER likes this.
  17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Look the protection on the pick was really stupid. The luck of the draw based is that the rockets may or may not fall out of the top 4. They will more likely get a top pick, but the new rules making people worry a bit. Im sure they will get the first.

So its based on odds, and the odds are in favor of the top 3 right? But you never know, like i said since its been changed it could backfire on the top 3. So you guys can call me stupid all you want, but come draft night odds can not be predicted.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No offense, but I don't think you're stating anything that isn't already known, other than "I'm sure they will get the first". The probability is actually pretty high they won't get the first pick. And "the protection on the pick was really stupid". Yes, I'm sure OKC would've agreed to protections that completely favored the Rockets or maybe Morey just felt kind that night.

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I mean whats half of the points are mention in the Tankathon Extravaganza thread that seems to me that thread made 0 sense in the long run, and since either yet i posted the odds and people didnt enjoy :) Nobody knows what will happen on draft night.

If you want to toss this thread its ok, my point was really that Im sick of that thread as well. lol

Maybe you guys can close all tank threads? Ive seen 6 open up, but of course i get blamed for starting one.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

posters start thread repeating the same tank idea = bad cause of repetition

U start a similar thread about tank percentage, without even fully understanding wtf u r even talking about = just asking to get flamed. Not only is it repetitive, it's flat out misinformation/wrong.

Like i said, no one like repetitive threads. But honestly stop acting like the victim when u start a thread sprouting nonsense about something repeatedly talked about already