1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 4/16/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Upgraded what? Definitely not wall smh

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A shattering defeat. This hurts. KPJ'S worst game after some really promising ones. No rebounding from Wood. I don't mind us losing, but this was horrible.
    @ApacheWarrior

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Are you hitting on me because if you are it's working. ;)

don grahamleone, Jontro and juanming like this.
  4. juanming

juanming Member

Hey fchowd0311 ....sup!!! To bad ur in Massachusetts

But in regards to the game, I didn't watch the game but looks like Bradley got more minutes again than Brooks

It's just odd because we are rebuilding so we don't really need Bradley at all we're not trying to win games cuz we need that top pick so so why the hell are we playing veteran so many gawddamn minutes

and on top of that I don't think Silas is trying to lose I actually think he's trying to win to save face to look like a good coach... Maybe I just answered my question for myself he's playing the veterans because it gives them a better chance of winning which is really stupid because we should be playing the young guy such as Brooks to try to have a better team in the future

Just somebody has not given the memo to Silas 2 to quit playing veterans quit trying to win just put the young guys out there and get some experience what the heck!!!!

Okay I just took the box score they they were only separated one minute but still I would have given Brooks at least 30 minutes and not given Bradley 22 minutes

You can run a trio of wall porter and Brooks to cover the sg/pg.. dont need bradley

fchowd0311 and Killatron 2000 like this.
  5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

It’s not about the losing but how they’re losing. Even in the losing you want to develop and get better. I’m not seeing any improvement. The Rockets aren’t even doing basic fundamental things. KPJ is looking worse and Wood is inconsistent and needs to sit until he’s 100% healthy. Silas seems to be oblivious to his players strengths and weaknesses and which players need to have the ball more.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Most of these guys won't even be here in 14 months.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Exactly! Very well said. Silas is inexperienced. We need a more experienced coach who can relate to both young players and veterans. Defense first is needed, and we don't have any.

D-rock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

The only person who is probably fully engaged and giving 100% effort is stone.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

13. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Tbh it was kinda watching seeing the last few minutes. KMJ and a bunch of scrubs I literally have not heard of. Maybe I'm just out of tune with the team, but it was a bit odd watching a bunch of guys I've never even heard of. Hopefully we can get that #4 pick, retool in the off-season, and have something to cheer about for the 2021-2022 season. I'm dying to get excited about Rockets basketball again, but it feels very difficult at this time lol

14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Yah its tough to imagine. I am hoping it's like a James harden situation where they have paid 2 players max deals and can't pay a third.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Jontro likes this.
  16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

@pgabriel did you take over @fchowd0311 account?

pgabriel likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

iono breh, i missed it. was gonna ask the same thing

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. bmelo

bmelo Member

Silas is ass, NBA is creme de la creme if he didnt learn from being assistant for half his life then he will likely not learn at all. This team even with #1 pick needs ballsy coach with clear vision and direction, Silas seems defeated since Harden drama and just goes with the flow. All his ideas he presented to brass are not actual because neither Harden or Westbrook plays here anymore. And he has no clue what to do with whats left. Oladipo was his idea too

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This was the first game that the team looked like they were actively tanking. Most of the year they "just werent good enough", but lately they have started to do things out there that are hard to explain.

cheke64 and B-Bob like this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes my friend, out rebounded 54 to 35. Rockets are only better than 5 other teams in rebounding. Averaging 42.5 rebs per game.

I've been a driving force for more muscle in the front court that has potential to hit 3's at the same time (drafting Charles Bassey)
    because Wood/Olynyk are more of the offensive pieces or components to build an efficient offense with spacing.

I would say I'm one the first here to push the C Wood type at center to play Small-Ball. But I've always stressed a big to absorb
    much of the grind or punishment delivered from other teams opposing bigs. Rockets definitely need more strength near the rim.
    This is the reason I don't care for another weakling near the rim in Evan Mobley. I see him as far weaker than Wood. But I digress.

With Houston Olynyk on/off:
    On: team 115 ORtg................opponent team 123 ORtg
    Off: team 106 ORtg ..............opponent team 113 ORtg
    In Miami the opponent team 110 ORtg with Olynyk on and opp team 111 ORtg with Olynyk off. So I known if Olynyk
    can be assisted by improved defenders around him, his numbers would fair better. Ying-yang balance.

Summary of Last Night:
    Wall only took 8 shots. He has been taking something like 19 to 22 FGA's a game recently. He took a back seat last night.

Olynyk: 10-14 for 71.4% (FG%) and 3-4 from 3 (75%)..........Jokic 10-12 for 83.3% (FG%) and 1-1 from 3 (100%)
    Wood: 5-10 for 50% (FG%) and 2-4 from 3 (50%)..............Aaron Gordon 3-6 for 50% (FG%)
    Tate 9-13 for 69.2 (FG%)
    Porter 1-9 for 11% (FG%) 5 ast

Denver
    M Porter jr 7-13 for 53.8% and 4-7 from 3 (57%)
    JaMychal Green 6-8 for 75% (FG%)

Houston used 11 players
    Denver used 14 players.

Olynyk April 127 ORtg and 120 DRtg
    Nwaba April (2 games) 120 DRtg (-31.5 in those two games in +/-) [injured wrist]
    Sterling Brown March 119 DRtg.......April 124 DRtg
    Wood April (9 games) 120 DRtg (March was 112 DRtg)
    So, many players on the Rockets have checked out.

saleem and B-Bob like this.