1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We’re All Wrong About Wall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Apr 13, 2021.

1. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Buyouts. Don't. Open up. Cap space . Lotsa people still don't seem to get that.

Williamson and hakeem94 like this.
  2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

John Wall has been essential in giving us the best shot of landing a young franchise player.

3. HROZ

HROZ Member

They do if they agree to less money.

I made it clear Rockets only do it if Wall agrees to take 20 mill less in his final year.

That opens up 20 mill in space in that year.

(Also it does if teams use the stretch provision, but id prefer they don't as that takes away cap space in the future)

4. HROZ

HROZ Member

Wall won't be getting supermax either way.

If he embraces reality. He can make more money in the present & future.

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

It doesn't work like that unfortunately. The rockets could let him walk away from the Rockets to another team in return for him agreeing to not get the full amount of the contract(buying him out). Tillman would save the $$$ he doesn't have to pay Wall(don't give him any ideas, he might buy out the whole team).

But the contract still counts against the cap even if Wall agrees to a buyout. There is no opening up of that cap space. It's done.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Wall has thrown his career away by refusing to throw lob passes and taking way too many shots.

He was a great player 20/10 guy who played strong defense. Now he’s averaging the most shots of his career on the worst FG% and the least assists/game.

Had a lot of hope for him but he’s been Ty Lawson disappointing.

Bo6, GotGame15, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

when I see Johnny the Ballhog on my TV
    [​IMG]

Bo6 and D-rock like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

100% Incorrect

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

They do not. This post is also all incorrect. It doesn’t matter if they agree to take less money. The original contract still hits the same against the cap. A buyout only saves an owner pocket wise and is a favor for a player who doesn’t want to be there anymore. It opens up absolutely nothing when it comes to the salary cap for the team. You should probably learn more about how it works before telling others fake news

wall could agree to give up 20 mil and that 20 mil still counts towards the cap. It literally doesn’t matter

#69 YOLO, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Ty Lawson gave us nothing. He has actually played pretty well for most of this month. We don't like him bc we would much rather see the younger people shoot and play but he has not been a terrible player, just a decent to below average. Lawson was terrible.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Lawson was terrible but John Wall shouldn't even play basketball. He should go play tennis, ski jumping or some other individual sport. He is a disgrace to the noble game of basketball which is a teams game, not an individual sport.

12. pippsux

pippsux Member

I followed wall during his time in DC, in his prime, explosive, and a big game player.....the problem was the Wiz rarely had BIG games and then injuries took their toll and he never developed a consistent jump shot.

It hurts watching him trying so hard, but not realisizing.......IT'S OVER JOHNNY!

13. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

That would be the biggest buyout in history so I doubt that actually happens. Either way though he'd still have a massive cap hit on the team just to play for someone else. You might as well just cut him outright.

#73 lakersuck2, Apr 16, 2021
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

It's an old saying, but three legged rabbits are unlucky.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  15. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Do you have a single post this season that doesn't treat the Rockets like a high school team and everyone else on this board with utter disrespect?

Do you get tired of dismissing every poster on this board with "LOL, **some BS reason you have secret knowledge and everyone else are chumps**" followed by absolutely no honest analysis or information.

#75 Doctor Robert, Apr 16, 2021
    Imanimal, bmelo and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

....since you read so many of them, hopefully they’re helping you to sleep well at night.

17. Doctor Robert

Well... there are 27k since March 2017, so that's about 20 per day. They're hard to avoid if you're trying.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

u getting in your feelings because I’m not going along with whatever nonsense u posted isn’t my problem...the only posters I dismiss are the delusional ones

u quoted me garbage in another thread, and then want to talk about no honest analysis or info...it must be comedy hour on the GARM

YOLO likes this.
  19. thekad

thekad Member

Is John Wall the best tank commander of all time? Top 5?

bmelo likes this.
  20. Doctor Robert

So... the Rockets are bad. Agreed. Their record speaks for itself. How many times can you say it like you know something everyone else doesn't?

I've had plenty of negative posts over the years, but just saying they're bad, is not really useful. Condemning or dismissing everyone that might have a more nuanced view of the the current situation than you is also not useful.

I just hold the board to a higher standard, and when I see someone spending as much time posting things like I keep seeing, it seems unproductive at best. You can either contribute to the board or contribute to everyone's collective misery.