1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Victor Oladipo’s Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vator, Mar 25, 2021.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Wouldn't it be crazy if the Nuggets traded Jamal Murray for James Harden. Jamal would've gotten injured anyway.

Keith Jones and our terrible trainers since the Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady Era. Injuries has decimated this season.

2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Still can't believe the Rockets got Armoni Brooks. I thought for sure he would've signed elsewhere.

Great job by Kevin Porter Jr., KJ Martin Jr. in being friends with Armoni always talking to him on the phone when Armoni was in New Zealand.

This Friendship and Chemistry is Important for the Team Success for a Playoff Run Next Year. Hopefully a Top 4 Pick will boost the Team even more.

JayGoogle and DonatelloLimestone like this.
  3. DonatelloLimestone

Tearing your acl is a crapshoot and unpredictable, with all the advances now that is one thing that is unpredictable and slow to heal. that said, I’m all for hiring and updating our training infrastructure. If we really want a culture change, don’t just take to the media ad scream it, invest in our player development, build a new practice facility like you once again volunteered to go public and say you’ll do. We’e not winnning this year, good time to start planning a foundation that players and staff want to come work for.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Keith Jones will be here forever. It seems like. His outdated ways have injured so many Rockets.

Wont be surprised the Cheerleaders and Dance Group, Clutch the Bear all get injured by Keith Jones.

Keith Jones is like a Black Cat. Just bad Karma around Keith. Players Always getting hurt.

Nutritional Chef
    Trainers
    Chiropractors
    Massage Therapist
    Yoga Teacher that Yeaches Proper Stretching, Relaxing

Robert Parrish himself said Stretching is more important than weights. That is why he played so many games in so many years. He didn't mis any games for years.

I wish this Concept be added. More stretching, less weight workouts.

#64 rockets1995, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Can someone please explain to me how the Keith Jones hate started? Was it around Dwights "Bone on bone" fiasco?

NBA athletes get hurt, and the Rockets are relatively lucky in that regard believe it or not. Look around the league and see who else is injured lol

BallaDoc and jiggyfly like this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ever heard of dudes named Yao and McGrady?

7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

This still doesn't explain the hate. They both would've broken down regardless.

cbass likes this.
  8. DonatelloLimestone

I’m not sure about the details of weights vs stretching ,but I agree with your general premise. For the sake of our young talent and also for the sake of a culture that will draw other talent to our team, we need to invest in a solid foundation, an infrastructure and a culture that allows players ot to worry about their own details and try to keep everything in house too. People over look the year. Lost Jeff bzdelik, tillman also didn’t bring back hardes’ personal trainer(so much for we did all he wanted).
    But these staff members and investments often don’t make the media or casual fans news, but players can feel it and teams are ramping up their infrastructure now since essentially these are mom and pop billion dollar businesses but the status quo is changing and i hope tillman can keep up although he’s known for flash superficial movements rather than quality details.

Just like that former pistons owner who was the first to invest in a private plane when others thought it was crazy. Miami heat have streamlined their staff and fitness requirements, they pay haslem to be the culture even though he doesn’t play. The spurs have for years hired a nutritionist from UT to work with each individual players nad have specific meals ready for them. They also have a specialized shooting coach and player development plan for each guy they bring in. The warriors are spending like crazy with no regard to set a culture and investing like a start up uber,amazon disregard for profit this year in hopes that their brand and company is streamlined for the future as a ‘destination’.

Another example is Blake griffin talking about the difference between Sterling and Balmer :

Griffin also discusses a few other things that he likes about being with the Clippers now that Sterling is out and Ballmer is in charge. For instance, he writes about how the Clippers training staff has been trying to obtain expensive body-scanning software for years now in order to allow them to keep tabs on how players' bodies develop over a season. Sterling steadfastly refused to sign off on the purchase, but Ballmer agreed to purchase the software, no questions asked, the first day he took over the team.

"When I walked into the trainer's room [for the first time this summer], the staff was going crazy," he writes. "They showed me the new body scanning software. Ballmer signed off on it Day 1."

Morey would speak about how small the margins are to win in the playoffs and use get a chance to the finals, it can be usa one play, one injury, one shot, defection. When you max out your team and get to the level, the chances to win are very close As we saw Leonard had one right bounce in the ECF that went his way, the rest is history. They overpaid an aging Marc Gasol 50 million for that, no one regrets getting the chip. Likewise cavs overpaid Jr, KLove, Tristan but they got the chip. The way the nba economics works, you have to over pay. That’s why its a billionaires game and if you’re looking fo saving margins or “I’m only going to spend if its a superstar(which every owner would) or a guaranteed finals, which guaranteed home runs in the nba just are few and far between, you are just setting an obscure goal post that isn’t practical in nba terms, but thats what tillman has done

In some ways it really worries me when i look at his past comments, here he is on his restaurants what he prides himself is not quality but consistency ““All my haters love to say, ‘Oh, his food sucks’ or whatever. But we’re consistent. The hot food’s hot, the cold food’s cold, the music’s right, the property’s clean. You don’t have burned-out lights, you don’t have cigarettes by the front door, you don’t have trash in the parking lots. You know what you’re going to get.”

Furthermore the dude bought white tigers to the middle of downtown, thats fine, then refused to give them outdoor space fighting it with lawyers tooth and nail and ultimately taking several years to do anything
    https://houston.eater.com/2017/2/27...awsuit-white-tigers-animal-legal-defense-fund

Those ar the worrying signs as well as the first 3 years of the rockets, basically volunteering to take the mike and in reality show showman fashion over promise and under deliver and just rely on PR to put it on someone else.

He does talk about this being a generational thing where he wants his kids to have it, the hope is that if fans continue to voice displeasure, and show it with our wallets he wil know the nba is a different business model and hopefully his kid who he already put in the front office decides that they need to invest in the foundation of this franchise since now we almost have a clean new slate this off-season to do things right and better.

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Thank You for this Information. Very Surprising about Body Scan Machine and Each Players specific Meals.

#69 rockets1995, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  10. DonatelloLimestone

Even the sixers went on to build a restaurant style feature and generally companies like google want to make a place where everyone would want to be around , provide high quality food, provide restorative new technology, build chemistry and connections between players staff and the organization. Make it easier and streamlined to make better choices, the players don’t have to hire a private chef and those details are covered. This is billions of investment now and they should act like it, not every organization will act like that but the a1 will and players will want to be there and appreciate the details to let them focus on the game, getting better. Now to get a guy like Tillman to buy into that is another situation

rockets1995 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At least those 2 guys played full seasons with their glass bodies.

Vic never did that.

JayGoogle, Easy and BigggReddd like this.
  12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

If people want to say Keith Jones is at fault for McGrady and Yao's injuries then I'm able to say he's the reason James Harden and PJ Tucker were so durable for us, as now they're both out for an extended period of time with injuries they've never sustained as a Rocket.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Well, Murray on the Rockets would have not played in Golden State on that night, and he wouldn't have driven to the basket in that fashion.

Point is, there's way more factors to consider. It's not like that ACL was always going to tear, regardless of circumstance.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think it's all the stuff over the years. Yao and TMac were probably the most disappointing. Many people thought it could have been managed better.

There were other things I am sure others can think of. The "day to day" meme didn't formed for no reason. It just seems that Rockets injury situations always turn out worse than it was let known at the beginning. I am not saying that Keith Jones is to blame for these. I was just answering the question you asked why the hate here.

BigggReddd likes this.
  15. Entropy

Entropy Member

I would argue that Yao and Tmac were worn down to the bone by Jeff Van Gundy's and Thibs defensive philosophies.

rockets1995 and BigggReddd like this.
  16. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

Let’s be real here... the injuries we see are due to the wear and tear on soft tissue. Humans did not evolve to play full speed basketball as a means for survival. If you want to keep blaming individuals with this mentality, then I guess every team in the NBA has a Keith Jones lurking around on staff

17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I wasn't barking at you or anything man no worries lol I've just never understood the hate for a dude who's just a trainer so I had to ask. I also wouldn't be surprised if he lurks the forums so what's up Keith

Easy likes this.
  18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If Tillman Fertitta Cares about his Players Health and Win at all Cost. The Body Scan Machine, Nitrional Chef, Yoga Instructors are really needed.

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  19. lionaire

lionaire Member

20. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Bird rights to Olynyk > Bird rights to Dipo

clos4life and lionaire like this.