1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Since we are ahead of the curve....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Apr 14, 2021.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

I like your assessment! I think Stone messed up by not keeping LaVert. He would have been perfect next to KPJ. However, I think they are missing Gordon and Nwaba defensively.

If they can keep Olynk and add another shooter, I think they will be fine. With the FRPs they have this yr and in the future, it will be an interesting off season.

2. ballgame

ballgame Member

I was just watching the Milwaukee vs Hawks game and the announcer said the Hawks won 5 straight games and they were on a roll. The Rockets won 6 straight games and they weren't???

Damn, JOJO how many games does it take to be considered on a roll on the NBA?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tell us more about this announcer. Must be a genius. And everyone should listen to him

Reeko and HP3 like this.
  4. ballgame

ballgame Member

I try not focusing too much on the announcer, more so on the game.....you should try it! But since you asked it was Chris Webber

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Thats ironic especially when you’re the one telling us about some announcer. In case you missed it as it went over your head, who cares

Reeko and HP3 like this.
  6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Top 2 pick or bust...

chadyang likes this.
  7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

lol... whats there to be scared of... its a fkn sports team... lol. I just think we got a few good pieces and draft capital we could turn into another couple good players and be an over .500 team... not a championship team but a 1st rd exit team... if thats being delusional then guilty i guess... lol!

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Folks are scared to accept how long this team is going to suck. So folks go through all the delusions and mental hoops to try and tell themselves otherwise. Yeah you’re delusional if you think playoffs is in the cards as soon as next year

We have a thread talking about the rockets are ahead of the curve when they have the lowest # of wins in the league. But yeah not delusional at all

#88 YOLO, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    GotGame15, Reeko and saleem like this.
  9. kjayp

well as i mentioned, i think mgmt is planning on at least a 2 year tank job (since we have our pick next year) - and i doubt we're gonna start cutting loose of draft capital to upgrade personnel at this point in the process - so i dont think we're gonna do squat next year period...
    but i still think we have some good pieces and could force things to the tune of a 1st rd exit - but i doubt thats gonna happen...

Corrosion likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

This planned "tank" makes 0 difference. It isn't planned. They won't have a team good enough to win regardless. So they'll continue to lose and be bad once again next year. Again you harping and settling with mentioning tank is just a poor excuse not to say they suck, when in reality that's what it is.

This sure is the look of the plan. Grown ass man damn near crying and taking years off his life

#90 YOLO, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    Reeko, HP3 and chadyang like this.
  11. kjayp

how often do you see a team have a 6 game winning streak - then win 4 outta their next 36... win 7 out of 8 - then drop the next 20 in a row.... c'mon man... they're dumping...

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

The 6 game streak was a absolute fluke filled with teams missing all their best players and other teams who suck just as much as the rockets. There was nothing impressive about those wins. The best team they beat was Dallas with no KP, Richardson. Then Portland no nurk, cj, or RoCo. Folks like you keep referencing it without actual context and make it seem like they beat the Lakers, nets, clips, bucks. Dumping. Nah. They just suck, which is what happens when you lose everything the rockets did

Reeko likes this.
  13. ozrocketsfan

ozrocketsfan Member

While it was definitely an easier task with injuries the other teams had in their starting 5, by discounting those wins, surely you have to discount our losses due to us missing multiple starting 5 players?

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

not exactly, especially when wood returned they still continue to lose. And the rockets have a losing record with him playing

15. kjayp

you dont have to go all straw man with Lakers and Nets references... lol... its still 7/8 then 20 straight - helluva dropoff... at this point they keep resting everybody with various 'injuries', paid Boogie in full and let him walk (turns out we're not contending after all and dont want u to waste a twilight year on a tank... thanks anyway...), our moves have all been about future draft capital... then of course, there's that top 4 protected pick in play...
    naw... i'm pretty sure after Wood went down we decided we're talking our chances on the ping pong balls and gonna try to stockpile some assets...
    not saying we'd have a good (or even decent) record if we were trying - but that doesnt look to be the game plan regardless... imo...

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

After all that talk boogie did, he literally realized how much this team sucks so he got out. ironic how that worked out. "I came here to play with Wall" gtfoh. you mention him as if he actually helps the rockets win. They have a losing record with him playing

nah. just more delusion and poor attempts to not simply accept the rockets suck. It doesn't really matter though. The rockets won't be winning anytime soon, so reality will continue to tell folks like you otherwise no matter what all these mental hoops folks try to go come up.

#96 YOLO, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Reeko likes this.
  17. kjayp

i'm sorry that you are so despondent regarding our future... i guess we can both hope that you are mistaken. ;) lol

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah I just understand the actual process of a full rebuild and where the rockets are and actually tell it like it is, rather than be delusional and post a ton of nonsense.

Reeko likes this.
  19. MultipleSauces

We are two years away from being two years away

20. kjayp

then carry on your righteous and just cause, sir! With godspeed my good man!