1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You are a Texans fan... why?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IBTL, Mar 18, 2021.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

burlesk likes this.
  2. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Not any more...

If your coach sucks at the job he already has, then you promote him to GM and add more responsibilities on his plate after his team gives up 50+ unanswered points in the playoffs, you know the FO has no clue wtf they're doing.

I'm glad i didnt watch a single game last season, glad i never invested my hard earned $$'s on season tickets, and really don't give a rip about what this organization does moving forward.

But i'll still tune-in every now and then on CF to see if they got their heads out of their a**es

burlesk and clos4life like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's as simple as being born and raised in Houston. No other reason. I was really exited to finally have a elite franchise qb but obviously that excitement has dwindled a lot and now just don't look forward to any future Texans games and that is going to be for a while. Overall bad time to be a Houston sports fan. Few things to look forward to. Maybe the Astros maintain their elite level but I'm sensing a drop off to merely "above average" this upcoming season and for the Rockets the only thing we can cling to is guys like KPJ and future lottery picks.

It's crazy that even with Tilman Ferttita, the Rockets are now the least controversial major sports team in Houston. That in a nutshell shows how shitty Houston sports is now.

burlesk, B-Bob and STR8Thugg like this.
  4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I have been buying the NFL Sunday Ticket for over 10 years just so I could see the Texans' games up here in Dallas. You see, outside of the Houston-Beaumont-Port Arthur area, Texans' games do not get broadcast unless they are playing on a nationally televised games (SNF, MNF, TNF). While they occasionally pop up in Austin, for the most part, it's the Dallas Cowboys that you'll see on TV in all areas of this state (and they haven't done squat in over 25 years). Even when there is no conflict with Cowboys games, the Texans' games do not get broadcast locally here. However, with all that has gone down in the last two years, I have decided to no longer spend $275+ to watch this pathetic joke of a football organization. Simply put: The Texans aren't worth my spending another dime to watch their games.

3Rings and clos4life like this.
  5. conquistador#11

They're in Houston. If they were the Corpus Christi Texans, I'd have zero interest like with the Cowboys.
    For someone who has missed maybe 4 games in the Texans' entire existence, I have never purchased any merchandise. Astros and Rockets are a different manimal

burlesk, clos4life and STR8Thugg like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

You are a Texans & Rockets fan...why?

You like getting kicked in the dick?

7. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Because on Sunday, you just can’t get enough church and Christianity

burlesk likes this.
  8. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I’m out

burlesk likes this.
  9. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I grew up in the Beaumont area and that area was marketed by the Dallas Cowboys. Most of the news coverage and sports shows were about the Cowboys. The Oilers and the AFL was considered B league football. This was before the Super Bowl, and before Joe Namath and the KC Chiefs upset NFL teams in the big game. I was a Cowboy fanatic.
    I moved to Houston. The Oilers left town. Eventually Mr Bob McNair brought an nfl franchise to Houston. All the marking was about the Texans. I wanted to see a Super Bowl victory in Houston. So I became a Houston Texans fan.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I enjoy the patriotism and religion the Texans bring to my life.

+

burlesk, MadMax and B-Bob like this.
  11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Amen brother KC. Would you like to lead us in a prayer?

burlesk likes this.
  12. raining threes

^^^^
    This

13. raining threes

The Oily Watson?

burlesk likes this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

The on-field battle fighting was awesome. Now all the fighting takes place off-field.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Location location location.

Other than that, f*** this sh** show of an organization.

burlesk likes this.
  16. bigreg

bigreg Member

Being a lifelong and diehard Oilers/Titans fan, I'm almost jealous of your good fortune as far as your opportunities to follow and be around that organization. I'm sorry that you could never make that attachment as a fan and I'm sorry that you are attached to the joke of an organization that is the Texans. Every NFL game that I've ever been to here in Houston has involved the Oilers/Titans or been the 2 Super Bowls played here. I admire the strength of you Texan fans to endure, although I must say that I find it extremely comical....

B-Bob likes this.
  17. bigreg

bigreg Member

That whole episode wasn't even necessary. Build Bud the stadium that was eventually built for the Texcants and none of this ever happens. This is squarely Bob Lanier and the city of Houston's fault.

18. bigreg

bigreg Member

McNair didn't do that right. Every Texan fan owes a big thank you to L.A. for not having their crap in order back in 2000. The 32nd franchise was supposed to go to L.A. The NFL had no designs on coming back to Houston. Big city got lucky cause bigger city wasn't trying.....

19. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

What a **** show. Remember when Bud published his Bud Dome (Alamodome) idea in the Chronicle and the Rockets were like WTF?

The Oilers died so the Astros and Rockets could get new stadiums.

bigreg and Buck Turgidson like this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, so much this.

Buck Turgidson and bigreg like this.